Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

Canna I have a sister... Not very close to each other... Haven't seen or talked to her in almost 10 years.... Anywho... She had to have surgery on both her knees cause she's too lazy to get off her butt... Well she weighs over 300lbs too... Doubt that helped much....:thedoubletake:...:circle-of-love:

It's so important that the oil relieves pain, not just in the sense of the pain, but what happens as a result of no pain.
If there is no pain, a person can move around...moving around is exercise. Exercise keeps the joints from settling into a "frozen" state with the arthritis or other afflictions.

I recently had started having trouble with a knee. The energy I get to go up and down those stairs to the grow room and all of the other things I do in active movement here has all but stopped it now. The oil regimen keeps my energy level going.
While I watch a sister in law who started having trouble with her knee a couple years ago...she has allowed it to settle in because she refused to use it due to the pain. It's so bad now that she needs a cane to get up steps. She just allowed let it settle in to the point that there is little can be done without possible surgery.

:circle-of-love:

This resonated with me. I used to have problems with the tensor fasciae latae on my right leg, aggravated by nine years of working at a register that was at a ninety-degree angle from the merchandise being purchased (a common arrangement) that had me torquing improperly and caused inflammation. To this day, over a year after quitting the job my body still torques to the left, a memory of the position of the register I was normally assigned. Quitting the job didn't fully eliminate the pain, but a steady diet of brownies full of plant material did.

Here I am, 16 days off my brownies and the swelling has returned. I have no recourse for pain relief here, aside from a steady diet of aspirin, something I'm adverse to fall back on. I'm hoping Callanetics will keep it from becoming as bad as it used to be, since it's geared to keeping the internal atmosphere open to the flow of energy and blood flow, but I can already sense fatigue through the system at large from dealing with the discomfort. More motivation to cut way back on marginal foods and increase the presence of more nutritionally powerful foods in the diet until I'm back home.

It's yet another reminder of the fact that I am indeed in need of cannabis as a healing force in my own life. Up until now I'd thought it was completely healed.

CBD vs. THC came up today and I started looking around at different strains.
This is just an FYI if people find it helpful or want to comment. I got this list from a site called drug forum...

Charlotte's Web - 23% CBD - around 1 % THC
Valentine X - up to 25% CBD and low range around 1% THC ( specimen may vary )
ACDC - up to 19% CBD and 1% THC
Harlequin - 8 % CBD and 6 % THC >> 12.6 % CBD and 8.4 % CBD
Canna Tonic - 8.11% CBD and 6.9% THC
Sour tsunami - 7.24% CBD and 4,32 % THC
Omrita RX - 9.5% CBD and 11% THC.
Canna Sue - 13.8% CBD and 10.4% THC
Harle Sue - 9.4% CBD and 6.7% THC
Swiss Gold - 7.2% CBD and 3.6% THC
Med Gom 1.0 - autoflowering 15 CBD and 4 > 5% THC
Otto #1 - CBD 0.18 % and THC 0.40 % >> CBD 27 % , THC 1 % ( 28 % of plants expresses low CBD THC)
Sin Tra Bajo Auto - CBD very high and THC 12 > 15 %
White widow ( or automatic ) High CBD high THC
Juanita la Lagrimosa - 8.8% CBD , 6.8% THC
---
Dutch passion
CBD Kush - 7% CBD and 7 % THC
CBD skunk haze - 5% CBD and 5 % THC
Compassion - 6% CBD and 6% THC
-----
Royalqueenseeds
Dance world - 11 % CBD and 12 % THC
Royal highness - 12 % CBD and 14 % THC
Royal medic - 12 % CBD and 10 % THC , ratio 1:1
Euphoria - 10 % CBD and 9 % THC
Medical mass - 11 % CBD and 10 % THC
Painkiller XL - 1:1 9 % THC and CBD
------
CBD crew
CBD Critical Mass - 5% CBD and 5% THC
CBD Mango Haze - 8% CBD and 6% THC >> 10% CBD, 8% THC
CBD Medi Haze - 8% CBD and 4 % THC
CBD nordle - 5.5% CBD and 5.5% THC >> 8.93% CBD , 6.13 % THC
CBD outdoor mix - 5% CBD and 5% THC >> 11.6% CBD , 6.82% THC
CBD shark - 6% CBD and 6% THC
CBD Skunk Haze - 5% CBD and 5% THC >> 11.12% CBD , 12,5% THC
CBD Sweet 'n Sour Widow - 6%>8% CBD and 6%>8% THC >>> 10.47% CBD , 8.31% THC
CBD yummy - 5% CBD and 5% THC >> 9% CBD , 8% THC

WOW Sista, that's worthy of a repost & Blog :cheesygrinsmiley:

Lots of information, thank you for taking the time to research. :love:

Thank you for the information Sista, and your time.
Yes.......KleenXtract.............I will have to look into a small still to get back......I think about 80% of the KleenXtract, if I remember right.
This is my next step, too. Let us know what you find and I'll do likewise, bro.:thumb:

I got about 5 grams on my oil yesterday. About half the average of what I've been getting with 2 ounce of bud.
John, what do you normally average on it? Or anyone else.....
I'm chopping another plant today and it's loaded with trichomes! Another sugary harvest of Afghan Kush.
And the oil emoticon idea is still in the works, I had to revise for better resolution. Hope it goes well this time. :) Keeping the fingers crossed.
CCO_animation_large.gif
Hey, fanny...I did 2 oz of Gorilla Glue and got 6 grams total. Something wrong, I normally get 8 grams from 2 oz good bud. Then I did 2 oz of Mazar and got 9.5 grams of oil! WTF?
So, the rest of the story.......
The father of tacking (Tim, of course) says cold wash for 4 minutes (I think...I'll check). I have been guesstamating that 4 minutes. Long story short, I timed my guesstamate with the Mazar.....2 minutes! ZHIT. Well, I kept the wash going till the 4 minute mark (twice, of course), and my total increased 50%. I'll keep a timer going from now on!!!

Thanks for all the great information that is available in this post. I want to start making CCO for my mother. She has degenerating discs in her back and is taking opiates twice a day just to manage the pain. Hopefully this will help her with that.
Oh yeah, I have two fractured lower lumbar. I forgot about them with heart attack and cancer. Very little lower back pain since starting tacking in May. I'm convinced your mother will find the same relief as I. The lucky part is that you've found your way here...now study, read, study, read, study, read, repeat. Bless you for the love you are showing toward your mom. You'll do great!

What an invaluable share Rad. :hug: :love:
Supergroomer, that Carnival was the best I'd come across for kicking out depression and creating a focused mind. It was almost a meth high as far as energy goes, something that should definately be taken into consideration. Try with a cautionary eye. I don't see any danger, but it's an incredible rush. I now completely understand why it's Graytail's go-to.
For a haze with potency, B A R recently gave Ultra Lemon Haze a rating of 10 out of 11 and proclaimed it a one hit wonder. That got my ears to perk up.
Where are Reggie and Cajun?

For my wifes fractured ankle (on top of the Fibromyalgia)
+1g per day smoked and vaped bud means -25mg day oxycodone.
She has can't totally replace the oxycodone with just bud, but I am hopeful she can with CCO.
The 60% reduction in oxycodone is great. Needing to bring in a more harvest to replenish smoked MMJ is a welcome challenge.
Bumping up the MMJ also helped soothe the menapausal symptoms that were formerly being managed by herbs - which had to be stopped due to warfarin (for blood clots/PEs in the lungs.)
CCO is or can be an Oxycodone replacement. My Lyme patient's biggest complaint WAS muscle and joint pain. This morning she told me she could still feel the pain, but that it was WAY overpowered by an incredibly wonderful feeling of total and complete WELLNESS!!! She went out to dinner last night without the customary societal anxiety and panic attack! WOW. I'm calling this initial good news an outrageous success.

I need to add Blue Blood to the list. For those of us that need CBD and THC it is 2 to 1 thc to cbd @ 20% and 10%. :peace:
Hey Groomer...sorry, I have no CBDs. Mix and match!!! Peace.

TO YOU ALL:
I pray you and yours find the oil to be as much a miracle as I have found it to be...:Namaste:...and that you all have...

The Happiest New Year of Your Life.

For those of us that grow our own medicines for ourselves or for someone in need I would like to share a cleaning method to get rid of impurities or mold if need be.

Start with a clean flower, end up with cleaner CCO, this may not be needed do to the decarb but just in case BUD WASHING

As always, your opinions would be appreciated :love:

For those of us that grow our own medicines for ourselves or for someone in need I would like to share a cleaning method to get rid of impurities or mold if need be.

Start with a clean flower, end up with cleaner CCO, this may not be needed do to the decarb but just in case BUD WASHING

As always, your opinions would be appreciated :love:

Once you do bud washing you'll never look back. You wash your fruits and veggies don't you? Why would you not wash your medicine??

The process has evolved since that post was put up. Some relevant points:

- Peroxide is only necessary if you have mold, in which case it's absolutely necessary.
- No need to use anything other than room temperature water, so you can set all the water up the night before and add the lemon and baking soda to the first wash right before you begin.
- Three buckets or basins are all one needs (unless you have mold). Many growers use just two, but my instincts have always pushed for three. I like the assurance of that last clear wash pulling off all of any baking soda or lemon residue.
- Hang them to dry with a light on for up to the first 24 hours. The plant continues to photosynthesize during that period and this helps speed that process along. After 24 hours they can go into the dark.

It's been proven by neikodog that bud washing has no effect on the potency of the buds. He submitted samples to a lab this year and has the reports to back up our contention. The wash helps the buds dry faster and we believe it may positively effect the curing process.

I can't see why anyone growing medical cannabis wouldn't bud wash. I have a set of 5 gallon buckets for large branches and a set of smaller basins that I use for my smaller budcicles that I harvest from my tiny pots in my taster garden. The argument that it's an indoor garden and you don't use foliars doesn't fly, because you'll always have dust and dander if you open the tent. Any insect pests make it more of a priority.

I've been bud washing from the beginning. Highly recommended process.

:welcome: HemiSync. It's always a pleasure to greet a new member to our virtual neighborhood. I sincerely hope we can assist your search for relief for your mother. In Cannafan's signature line there's a link to the thread devoted to the making of Concentrated Cannabis Oil. The dedicated people who frequent the threads on CCO will do everything in our power to make your search as easy as possible and bolster you through the journey.

We're on this thread for moral support and general conversation about the oil, so please don't hesitate to ask any questions. If we can't answer them outright we'll move heaven and earth to find those answers for you. In the meantime, make yourself comfortable and take a deep breath. You're in good hands. :circle-of-love:

Welcome HemiSync, Please read the first pages on the two links in my signature, then maybe a little light reading beyond those pages. CCO will not only help your mother with her pain and reduce her doses of the opiates she will start to heal other organs that she doesn't even know she needed repaired. Good luck and read, read, read.

Hi HemiSync and :welcome:,

I am so sorry that your mother is going through this awful pain.

You've already seen the links to read up on the CCO, hopefully you can get some time to read through those soon.
There are many things the CCO will do for her, in addition to relieving the pain she is suffering and helping to reduce her opiate needs. Many people who suffer from this also experience depression and anxiety. Concentrated oil is going to help tremendously with that, as well as giving increased energy which will give them the desire to exercise and eat the way they should. Soon they will experience a feeling of overall wellness.
There are so many benefits to using the oil for our health.

If you have any questions on making it or administering it, please do not hesitate to post them to the threads.

I also have a ruptured disc at T5\6 that has calcified with arthritis... It friggin hurts:phew:... But with Mo's guidance I have cut the narcotics in half and am able to sleep pretty much through the night for the first time in a very long time.... What you're doing for your mother will give her back quality of life.....:circle-of-love:

Thanks for all the kind words. I have already started reading and studying all I can about CCO. Unfortunately it is still illegal in her state, so it is still just a research project for now. Until they legalize it where she is, she won't touch it. In the meantime she has the disc problems, high blood pressure, knee problems, arthritis, and just had her aorta replaced by a huge stint. But for 83 years young she is in okay shape. So for now I research CCO and relearn how to grow. Hopefully they legalize it soon where she is. Thanks again for all the help.

That's unfortunate HemiSync, but I'm up against the same thing with my daughter. Anxiety disorder that responds favorably to cannabis after years of searching for something that quieted the demons in her head, but aggravated by the fear of using an illegal drug. Our state will probably be the last one to fold under the pressure and legalize.

We'll stay positive and believe that your mother's state has better sense than mine.

That's unfortunate HemiSync, but I'm up against the same thing with my daughter. Anxiety disorder that responds favorably to cannabis after years of searching for something that quieted the demons in her head, but aggravated by the fear of using an illegal drug. Our state will probably be the last one to fold under the pressure and legalize.

We'll stay positive and believe that your mother's state has better sense than mine.
Heres hoping, but with her living in Florida it may be a while. My real hope is that the Feds cave in soon and that will allow many states to do the right thing finally.

Heres hoping, but with her living in Florida it may be a while. My real hope is that the Feds cave in soon and that will allow many states to do the right thing finally.

I'll raise my glass to that thought! :cheer:

Yep, bud washing works. I have cats...and I live in the woods, so I've got critters...small critters. LOL I don't get lots of junk off my buds when I wash, but enough to know that it was worth the trouble. Simple lemon and baking soda in a tray of water mix for the wash, and two complete rinses. Hang to dry...ta da!
Oh, and I actually do something I saw Jorge Cervantes doing on a video, I use my removable shower head to rinse the buds. Very light. I figure it's rinsing the junk off instead of bringing it back up through the dirt during the rinse.

On the CBD vs. THC list, I will post that to my blog as well and update it as we get more strains to add in there. I'll add supergroomers' to it when I get it posted up. Then we can refer people to a complete list without trying to find on the thread here.

John, my kitchen timer took a dump (can I say that online? Hopefully the big publishers and New York Times aren't reading my posts....cuz I don't post with them in mind. LOL).
But I discovered a cool little kitchen timer app for my cell phone. Works like a charm. :)

Dennise, yes....I'm with you there. My SIL sits around watching soap operas all day until it's time to cook dinner. She will not go outside alone for fear of the "people monsters". Goes nowhere without my brother with her. It's an illness that she has gained in the last 5 years or so. Zero exercise unless she's up cooking.

And I did hear (or read actually) from Mo again, and she is getting better by the day. She hopes to be on the forums soon, but probably won't be really active for awhile yet. There's a LOT to get settled besides herself, I'm sure!

Sue,
tensor fasciae latae on my right leg
What is that? :) Ah, never mind. I found it, it's a thigh muscle. I was trying to picture that being something to do with a knee.

Edit:
I hope everyone else had a good day. I worked for 6 hours and had some more Parmesan Chicken with sugar leaves baked on it. Feelin' really gooooood. :)

"CCO is or can be an Oxycodone replacement. My Lyme patient's biggest complaint WAS muscle and joint pain. This morning she told me she could still feel the pain, but that it was WAY overpowered by an incredibly wonderful feeling of total and complete WELLNESS!!! She went out to dinner last night without the customary societal anxiety and panic attack! WOW. I'm calling this initial good news an outrageous success."

John, This is a big step for somebody with chronic Lyme. You forget how easy socializing is when you feel good. When you have Lyme it is usually a menacing task to interact with people and very much anxiety provoking. I think Lyme and illnesses that mimic it are showing pretty good results with CCO from the reading I've done and also through firsthand .
One other thing about Lyme that is pretty crucial, at least for me, and that is the diet: Sugar(processed), Dairy, Gluten, alcohol all feed the Lyme bacteria. I notice I seem to crash whenever I break the diet, even on the oil, its just the crashes are way less severe when on treatment. Its pretty important to keep the a strict diet from my experiences, and I know others have a similar view. Anyway, I've discussed my treatment with a few doctor friends and they are all blown away by the "antibiotic properties" the CCO seems to have.

Also I had the flu for a week about a month back and when I wasn't on treatment, the flu would KO me for months. During treatment, the flu was nothing but a minor hassle. I recovered super quick, and that would have never happened the prior decade... The body is telling me its getting stronger, so I will continue down this path with you folks...

-Much Love and Happy New Year

I have a question before I log off here, in the CBD vs. THC strain list some of them have two different sets of numbers. Harlequin, for example:
Harlequin - 8 % CBD and 6 % THC >> 12.6 % CBD and 8.4 % CBD

Does anybody know what that means exactly? Does that mean the CBD can go from 8-12.6%? I'm confused.....not hard to do tonight. :laughtwo:

That's big people, thanks Cannafan!! For the feds to put MMJ off limits at least for a short period and limited states is the baby taking their first baby steps.

Think about it..........it's America people............GREED will win out sooner than later.

I have a question before I log off here, in the CBD vs. THC strain list some of them have two different sets of numbers. Harlequin, for example:

Does anybody know what that means exactly? Does that mean the CBD can go from 8-12.6%? I'm confused.....not hard to do tonight. :laughtwo:

It means "up to" Canna.

This is my next step, too. Let us know what you find and I'll do likewise, bro.:thumb:
She went out to dinner last night without the customary societal anxiety and panic attack! WOW. I'm calling this initial good news an outrageous success.

I'm so encouraged to read this. My daughter has full-blown anxiety disorder. My greatest hope is that I can someday get her tacking and she can finally have some chance of being anxiety free. Thirty-three years of emotional turmoil is enough.

Back
Top Bottom