Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

Gods speed WildJim :Namaste: :love:

Nice Fondue maker Cannafan, can you see the envy :high-five:

I pray the Lord watches over our brother WildJim.:Namaste:

:circle-of-love:

Ps. That's the fondue pot I make oil with. Works good but I know no other way. Peace fanny.

Oiler, sending love...be strong my brother. My Peace find you and your family.:high-five:

:Namaste:

Another consideration is the limited grow spaces one might be up against. Not everyone needing to grow will have the luxury of a room or a tent. When I started I had a closet that measures 1' x 2', and that was all I had. I managed to squeeze two autos into that space and pull off 4.5 ounces within 85 days, seed to harvest. With better use of the vertical space in that closet I could have easily fit another trained plant into the equation. Using some common training techniques I could have also increased the yields by at least a third of my harvest.

I agree. It's important to offer options. When I get back to growing I hope to be able to find acceptable auto strains and run them. I document the hell out of my grows, so the learning curve will be on full display. I'm up against the challenge of trying to produce oil for two in a severely limited space and with a limited amount of financial resources. With Atrain's guidance I hope to be able to make that work. Thankfully, I already have more than enough lights and a marvelous filtration system on hand. The trick, I believe, will be in getting the perpetual machine up and running again. If I can pull down a respectable harvest every month that might do it.

For me, I prefer photos. When I find something good, I want to be able to clone it and perpetuate the line without having to buy more seeds. The Blue Blood that I am running now is the best of all the three seeds I had. I am glad she was the last. She will make great clones. :peace:

Pardon my ignorance, all, but what is the difference between using a fondue pot or a crock pot...having never made any oil and getting ready to, I am totally in the dark.....God speed to WildJim :love:

I have some "Blue Mystic seeds by Nirvana, I'm considering that...but also "Purple Paralysis" by Cream of the Crop seeds:
I would love to have some colorful buds as well as good for oil. There would be a daytime and night time in these two choices. Hmm....
I thought that someone had told me the Blue Mystic is similar to the Blue dream, which is why I ordered it. Anybody know if that is correct?

Nirvana Seeds - Blue Mystic
Blue Mystic was especially selected for its soft blue hues, which appear roughly halfway into flowering. Blue Mystic grows in a very similar manner to Northern Light, showing all the desirable qualities of that strain, with the added appeal of its own colourful appearance and the faintly berry-like aftertaste of its smoke. Compared to many other strains, Blue Mystic maintains a neutral smell while growing.

Strain: Blue Mystic
Breeder: Nirvana
Type: mostly indica
Flowering: ~70 days
Normal or female seeds

Yield: 400 - 500 grams/m² (SoG)
Effect: Stoney
Grow height: Low
Flowering Indoor: 9 / 11 weeks

Purple Paralysis:

Strain Highlights
Purple Paralysis, bred by Cream of the Crop, is a sativa-dominant hybrid with potently energizing effects and a hashy lavender aroma. Its genetics are a cross between Power Plant and Lavender, and this strain also goes by the name "Jellyfish Bud."
Genetics: Lavender X Power Plant
Genotype: Mainly Sativa
Yield: Approx 450g/m2 indoor & 650g/m2 outdoor
Flowering time: Approx 65-70 days
Mould/Pest resistance: High
THC: 22%

Strain: Purple Paralysis
Breeder: Cream of the Crop
Type: mostly sativa
Flowering: ~68 days
Only female seeds.

Pardon my ignorance, all, but what is the difference between using a fondue pot or a crock pot...having never made any oil and getting ready to, I am totally in the dark.....God speed to WildJim :love:

One thing is that you can control the heat better on the fondue pot pictured above. It has a thermostat control on it. :) And I like the added benefit of the teflon interior, and lighter than crock pots for pouring or tilting it.

Here is what I found on Blue Dream. This is Humboldt seeds version although they are all Blueberry / OG Kush crosses:

Blue Dream

This cross of Blueberry and Haze is known for its very pleasant fruity- tangy- earthy taste, blue color, and strong and lasting, mixed mind and body high. The high starts with a sativa high and finishes around 3 hours later with a relaxing indica like muscle easing and pain killing effect.

It is one of the favourites in California and in fact it is among the top ten most demanded strains in there, which gives a good measure about the quality of this jewel. Taste is described by users as sweet, tangy, lemony, and earthy. Produces big plants that grow fast and wide, and it is appropiate for commercial purposes.

Type: Sativa dominant
Outdoor harvest: Mid october
Outdoor yield: Very high
Flowering: 9 weeks
Indoor yield: High
THC: 18%

:peace:

that makes sense, Canna, thank you for the quick answer...I am so excited to make some oil, I can't stand it....I will be watching closely and asking a lot of questions.....woo hoo...I've even considered asking if I can drive over to your house to sit quietly (not) in your kitchen while you make it (at least in my dreams....)!!!! :)

that makes sense, Canna, thank you for the quick answer...I am so excited to make some oil, I can't stand it....I will be watching closely and asking a lot of questions.....woo hoo...I've even considered asking if I can drive over to your house to sit quietly (not) in your kitchen while you make it (at least in my dreams....)!!!! :)

LOL, I wish we could do that too. :) BTW, check your email. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Here is what I found on Blue Dream. This is Humboldt seeds version although they are all Blueberry / OG Kush crosses:

Blue Dream

This cross of Blueberry and Haze is known for its very pleasant fruity- tangy- earthy taste, blue color, and strong and lasting, mixed mind and body high. The high starts with a sativa high and finishes around 3 hours later with a relaxing indica like muscle easing and pain killing effect.

It is one of the favourites in California and in fact it is among the top ten most demanded strains in there, which gives a good measure about the quality of this jewel. Taste is described by users as sweet, tangy, lemony, and earthy. Produces big plants that grow fast and wide, and it is appropiate for commercial purposes.

Type: Sativa dominant
Outdoor harvest: Mid october
Outdoor yield: Very high
Flowering: 9 weeks
Indoor yield: High
THC: 18%

:peace:

Thank you! Obviously quite different Indica to Sativa. LOL I must have ordered the Blue Mystic to get my Indica stash built up.

:thanks:

For me, I prefer photos. When I find something good, I want to be able to clone it and perpetuate the line without having to buy more seeds. The Blue Blood that I am running now is the best of all the three seeds I had. I am glad she was the last. She will make great clones. :peace:
I've made a few hundred auto clones. Am I missing something. Only about 50% success rate though. And the mother needs to be young and in veg IMHO. I did get some pretty weird growth in half of them. They flower too fast. Unless you want little flowering plants....good for limited space grows.

One thing is that you can control the heat better on the fondue pot pictured above. It has a thermostat control on it. :) And I like the added benefit of the teflon interior, and lighter than crock pots for pouring or tilting it.
Watch that some crock pots heat from the sides, not the bottom (I have one)...plus what fanny said I agree with.

John,

The auto clones are going to be on the same flower schedule as the mother plant. Once you cut the clone, you can't put it into veg and wait for it to get bigger or keep it on hold while you wait for space, and train/top/fim/defol etc. etc.. It's going to start flowering, whether we like it or not. LOL

That's my understanding.

Autos are certainly a good choice for quicker harvests and space issues. :)

Thanks for the updates, Canna and John....I defer to both of you, of course....on my way to order a fondue pot... I am so blessed to have you oilers...you all rock my world..... :love::love:

John,

The auto clones are going to be on the same flower schedule as the mother plant. Once you cut the clone, you can't put it into veg and wait for it to get bigger and train/top/fim/defol etc. etc.. It's going to start flowering, whether we like it or not. LOL

That's my understanding.

Autos are certainly a good choice for quicker harvests and space issues. :)

That's my understanding from the literature too, but not all of my clones followed exactly.
Some flowered a little later but I still harvested them together. Two indoor grows ago...2 auto amnesia mothers and 4 clones. Tripled harvest weight of just mothers alone. I agree I probably would have gotten more with photos, but it can be done, kinda. lol

Ps. Yes, that's a 'Tim recommended' oil making machine!

Back
Top Bottom