Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

When your ready OlderGrower we are here for you, actually I'm next door :cheesygrinsmiley:

:love::cco::love:

I think it is so wonderful that CCO has this thread up and running, while presently I can not use oil as a preventative medicine I do believe with all my heart that some day I will be allowed to medicate as a preventative as opposed to waiting till I get something that forces me to say screw them all I am doing what ever it takes.

Welcome to the thread OG my friend. I need to look into the card rules where you are, it always interests me on how each state runs their own MJ or MMJ programs. Does your state allow concentrates for CCO, or extracts to make edibles of the plant? That's what we're waiting on here in order to use and make the oil legally.
When you get ready to medicate....just say the word. ;-)

HI, I am new to the 420 club,I live in the Boston, MA area and I have recently been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and I am looking for some information on obtaining and how to use CBD oil to treat my condition.
If there is anybody that could assist me with this I would be grateful.
Thank you

HI, I am new to the 420 club,I live in the Boston, MA area and I have recently been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and I am looking for some information on obtaining and how to use CBD oil to treat my condition.
Thank you

Welcome Ketchirwin. Nice to meet you, and sorry to hear of the diagnosis, but I'm certain you were led here because there must be answers. I don't have any experience with Pulmonary Fibrosis, but others may. I maintain a study hall thread and I'll certainly look into it today and see what I can turn up.

I will advise that a full plant oil will be a better option. The CBD oil won't have the entourage effect that full plant extracts will and that synergy is an important consideration, as it can potentially double or triple the effectiveness of the cannabinoids and other components.

Others will be along to assist you. You might want to post this question in the thread dedicated to making CCO. Here's the link for that current page.

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I can be found in my study hall at any time, should you want to continue this discussion. The link's at the very bottom of my signature line. Take a slow, deep breath. There are answers winging their way to you. :love:

I could not agree with you more. May I ask, why are you waiting? Not that it would take CCO in your case, but are you considering cannabinoid therapy to augment your own Endocannabinoid system? The closer your body can get to homeostasis the better your chances of aging without so much distress.
It is completely legal to use oil even without a MMJ card here in Oregon, but it is also completely legal for a company to fire you if you test positive for THC here in Oregon and since the trade that I am in drug tests, both pre-employment, randoms and sometimes when you move over to a different project I can not afford to loose my job. I am hoping that someday soon that they will remove THC from the list of drugs tested for but until then I can only medicate right after a drug test for about 4 months then I have to clean up for the next drug test.

When your ready OlderGrower we are here for you, actually I'm next door :cheesygrinsmiley:

and as soon as I can trust me I will be knocking on that door my friend :love:

Welcome to the thread OG my friend. I need to look into the card rules where you are, it always interests me on how each state runs their own MJ or MMJ programs. Does your state allow concentrates for CCO, or extracts to make edibles of the plant? That's what we're waiting on here in order to use and make the oil legally.
When you get ready to medicate....just say the word. ;-)
Yes if I am not mistaken Oregon is pretty lax on oils and concentrates. I have made oil before for my brothers wife, but it was quiet stressful when we were making it. I believe that what made it so stressful was the time frame we had to work with. Not feeling rushed would make it much less stressful.

Thank you

Ketchirwin, I located a thread that should give you cause for celebration. Track me down in the study hall and I'll get you started on the process of creating capsules that should work well for you. We're working on ways to increase the bioavailability of the meds, particularly in capsule form.

Treatment of Pulmonary Fibrosis

Better late than never right?

Welcome HizzyB, your never to late. A master grower like yourself will be rocking CCO in no time. :Namaste:

I know you have questions about making CCO from the products you have on hand? I believe there are people on here that may have the answer. Usually we send question on how to make CCO to the thread "how to make Concentrated Cannabis Oil" but that thread is for using a Grain Alcohol Carrier and I would not want to confuse any new comers with a serious illness (Like stage 4 cancer), which is not a terminal illness.

Welcome, have a seat & light one up.:smokin:

Awhile back we had a discussion on Glycerin Tinctures and on 3/16/16 I made a "special" batch with 1 ounce of PainKiller XL "bud."

I have stirred that gooey stuff every day for 2 months and this morning I planned to strain and bottle it, but had a change of heart at the last minute (after the old bud was separated and pitched) and decided to add another ounce of PK-XL bud and commit for another 2 months.

I hope it turns out good enough to justify 2 ounces :thumb:

I'm doing this same thing with some of my Dark Devil Auto, some of the tastiest buds ever. I'm making a smaller batch, using only 10 gm of bud, but I'd already decided to run it another two months with fresh bud to amp up the potency. The DDA's turning my glycerin purple. :laughtwo:

OG, you are in the same boat as I am on the drug testing for the job. It's a rock and hard place for sure.
Here, we are not even legal on the concentrates or extracts.....yet.

I doubt that they would ever remove THC from the drug testing, it would be like removing alcohol from it. They don't want people working drunk on their arse and wind up killing someone else, and they put THC or being high in that same context.

It's a conundrum for sure. :(

And I keep telling you, feed the hummingbirds and they will visit!

:circle-of-love:

OG, you are in the same boat as I am on the drug testing for the job. It's a rock and hard place for sure.
Here, we are not even legal on the concentrates or extracts.....yet.

I doubt that they would ever remove THC from the drug testing, it would be like removing alcohol from it. They don't want people working drunk on their arse and wind up killing someone else, and they put THC or being high in that same context.

It's a conundrum for sure. :(

And I keep telling you, feed the hummingbirds and they will visit!

:circle-of-love:

My bad, I am a terrible communicator, what I meant to say was, I can not wait until they develop a drug test that detects the use of MJ but only if you have smoked, ate, consumed within say 8 hours. I get the whole, showing up to work stone is a bad thing trust me, I use it as part of my discussion at work with co-workers. I do not want anyone coming to work screwed up or under the influence of any kind of drug, be it MJ, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, or any other kind of mind alternating drug. But if a person gets off work and goes home and takes a hit or two to unwind at the end of the day he should not be punished for it, just as the guy who goes home after work and has a beer or mixed drink to unwind from a busy day.. Difference is the guy who has a mixed drink when he gets home from work does not test positive for a drug test 3 weeks after he has his drink. It is not the concept of the idea which is faulty, it is the method of testing that is faulty.

Feed them and they will come! Is that anything like "If you build it, they will come" My household consumes more bird food pound for pound then human food, between the chickens and all of the bird feeders I have spread across my yard. Granted I only have 1 hummingbird feeder as opposed to like 5 finch feeders but I believe in all I have 13 feeders alone in the front yard. I guess it is time to make it 15 in the front and a few more in the back. Thank the Lord for Wilco and bulk bird feed.:circle-of-love:

My bad, I am a terrible communicator, what I meant to say was, I can not wait until they develop a drug test that detects the use of MJ but only if you have smoked, ate, consumed within say 8 hours. I get the whole, showing up to work stone is a bad thing trust me, I use it as part of my discussion at work with co-workers. I do not want anyone coming to work screwed up or under the influence of any kind of drug, be it MJ, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, or any other kind of mind alternating drug. But if a person gets off work and goes home and takes a hit or two to unwind at the end of the day he should not be punished for it, just as the guy who goes home after work and has a beer or mixed drink to unwind from a busy day.. Difference is the guy who has a mixed drink when he gets home from work does not test positive for a drug test 3 weeks after he has his drink. It is not the concept of the idea which is faulty, it is the method of testing that is faulty.

Feed them and they will come! Is that anything like "If you build it, they will come" My household consumes more bird food pound for pound then human food, between the chickens and all of the bird feeders I have spread across my yard. Granted I only have 1 hummingbird feeder as opposed to like 5 finch feeders but I believe in all I have 13 feeders alone in the front yard. I guess it is time to make it 15 in the front and a few more in the back. Thank the Lord for Wilco and bulk bird feed.:circle-of-love:

:laugh: I have to keep begging bird feed from my Pops. It's too expensive right now. LOL He has so many feeders out that the few neighbors they have on their road must not ever see anything like a bird. Probably quite fascinating if one ever stops on the fly through. ;-)

Okay, I'm clear on what you meant on THC testing. I totally agree with what you stated, it is not fair in the way the tests are adminstered Alcohol vs. THC. The biggest problem with being on a heavy regimen of oil is that you have to wait longer for that to clear the system. There's a build up, unlike a casual smoker who can possibly clear it in days.

When I lost my job in 2014, I had been on the oil regimen for many months. A gram a day. And I was also using edibles to sleep at night. I kept testing myself at home, and it took almost two full weeks to be completely out of my system. And even then I feared the job testing units would be more accurate and finely tuned than an at home tester from a drug store. It's scary stuff.
The system sucks.

Back
Top Bottom