CheifKeef

not sure if 13w energy saving bulbs did anything much but im at 2 weeks an 3 out of 5 plants an starting to look bad big main leaves are curling up gave it two day of sunlight atles watered 4 times daily gave it a boost of miracle grow yesterday need advice asap dont want to lose my first crops
IMG_007724.JPG
IMG_007832.JPG
IMG_007527.JPG
IMG_007323.JPG
IMG_007628.JPG

Less waterings and add a humidity dome or raise the humidity... let the soil dry out more and give them a daily foliar spray of just plain water with possibly a little cold pressed seaweed. No nutrients... This should help :)

You raise the humidity by enclosing the seedling. you can use one of this big clear plastic storage boxes upside down and the plants inside. Spray water on the box and the plants then cover a keep the light close (couple of inches above). Check a couple of times a day until it improves. It needs to create a good root system, less watering to force the roots to grow looking for water.
If you live in the Bahamas that might be the problem, what's the average temp and RH where you live.

Altitude; 3 m (10 ft).
The average temperature in Bahamas, Bahamas is 24.8 °C (77 °F).
The range of average monthly temperatures is 7 °C.
The warmest average max/ high temperature is 32 °C (90 °F) in August.
The coolest average min/ low temperature is 17 °C (63 °F) in January & February.
Bahamas receives on average 1353 mm (53.3 in) of precipitation annually or 113 mm (4.4 in) each month.
On balance there are 136 days annually on which greater than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow or hail) occurs or 11 days on an average month.
The month with the driest weather is March when on balance 35 mm (1.4 in) of rain, sleet, hail or snow falls across 5 days.
The month with the wettest weather is June when on balance 234 mm (9.2 in) of rain, sleet, hail or snow falls across 16 days.
Mean relative humidity for an average year is recorded as 78.8% and on a monthly basis it ranges from 77% in April, May to 82% in September.
Hours of sunshine range between 6.8 hours per day in October and 8.9 hours per day in July.
On balance there are 2880 sunshine hours annually and approximately 7.9 sunlight hours for each day.
On balance there are 0 days annually with measurable frost and in January there are on average 0 days with frost.

thanks bredrens i will go back to my babies an take good care of them i recenly put a plastic sheet over the plant and spray under it with water an misted the leaves i will take anthoer pic my blackberry sucks but i will link up later

I am new to this, but if you are watering 4 times a day, that is WAY too much. I was told when watering, and with nutes that "less is more", i was also told that one of the biggest mistakes of first time growers is over watering . I would water them maybe once a day, spray with a mister bottle, and they should perk up. once they perk up, go easy on the water, you can always add more water if you feel they are too dry, but it is harder to correct an over water problem

Overwatering will probly be one of the main Problems your having..... another is ur bulbs.... i hope your reading the INPUT wattage not the OUTPUT wattage , because 13w output is less light then a flashlight lol.... you want to get 100w-150w OUTPUT bulbs. ALSO look for Daylight bulbs and pay attention to your temps; 5k avg for flower 2k-3k for veg.....

If you give your plant more of one thing you have to give it more of the rest to keep up.....
its like building a car and the water is the tires and the light is the engine, and the c02/humity is the metal. if you have a shit ton of tires it wont help you unless you want to carry around tires in the car.... (thats what your plant is doing, carring extra water that it cant use.)

ONE of the reasons that water will kill a plant because if its full and the soil is still saturated. the roots cant move/grow because the soil is to heavy/compressed from the water. when the ground dries it will alow the plant to grow out and hold on better to the dirt. before you water your dry materials try to get a basic guess weight so that you know when your ALMOST completly dry like you were befor you transplanted into that pot.

HOpe that makes your noggin grow as much as your bud will!!

I don't think the light is the problem, because I have started clones under just 1 of those bulbs and they do just fine until they get older. Once they become older you definitely will need more light, especially when you get to bloom you probably will need at least 4-6 of those bulbs per plant, at very close distance.

I also think that your humidity will be an issue later in your grow...to keep away powdery mildew you want your humidity between 40-50% through mid to late veg and also flowering. so you most likely will need a dehumidifier when your ladies get older, but while their sprouting and the first few weeks. Then you will want it much drier.

Definitely think its a watering issue.... Don't water for 2-3 days or more, until the top of the soil is dry to the touch. The drier the soil, the more the roots will sprawl out and search for water.... and the healthier and more roots, the bigger and healthier the buds :)

Back
Top Bottom