CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

I am not sure if I can get grapeseed oil here, because the do not grow grapes here, but coconut oil is local, so not too expensive
Regular coconut oil is not readily absorbed so that's not the best replacement. Here's a list of most absorbable oils to compare to what's available to you:

Regular coconut oil is not readily absorbed so that's not the best replacement. Here's a list of most absorbable oils to compare to what's available to you:

Thank you, gro. Olive oil is easy to access here, and not too expensive. I can check and see if I can get some almond or other massage oils, and infuse into that. I do not think that will mess up the Ella Bella. It looks to be stainless steel and glass, so it should clean up and sterilize well.

Skip olive oil as well. You should be looking down the left hand column of the absorbability chart.
Oh, right! Thanks!
These guys...

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Ok, the ABA, the 1:1, and the RCBDV are all in jars. :yahoo:
:hmmmm:What exactly is it about jars that makes for a cure? (Are you cutting off the oxygen supply? Or what happens?)

I have a little bit of everything in cob, and we can start to test in another couple of months.
I am anxious to see if the CBD survives the cobbing process. (If so, I will put a lot more bud into the cob the next time.)

I am de-carbing the last of the SDAC now, and I will give the local woman whatever she wants of it (some or all).
She is coming over next week with her builder friend, to disassemble the rooftop greenhouse, and recycle the bamboo to give me a bamboo frame indoors (wall to wall).
He can just cut the bamboo to length, and tie it up good with tie wire, and we will brace it so it holds to the wall (so it does not move around).
Then I should be ready for photos, but probably I will probably still want to grow autos this next run, because we are starting to transition into winter here, and in a few months it will be cold, and I will want the house heat. 😂

I am thinking about supersoil in SIPs for this next grow, and then put CalMag, Recharge and Molasses over the top once a week.
I am praying for a nice, boring grow! 🙏 😂

It makes me really happy to have bud going into jars, and into cob.
Thank you everyone.

What exactly is it about jars that makes for a cure? Are you cutting off the oxygen supply? Or what happens?)
I posted this in another thread a while back:

"For cannabis, this [curing] process includes keeping the dried inflorescence in a closed container for a certain period with a specific temperature and humidity. When a plant is cut, enzymes and aerobic bacteria start their activity to break down the extra sugars and starches created by chlorophyll breakdown. When smoking cannabis that has not been properly cured, the presence of these residual sugars and minerals causes a burning sensation in the throat. Before the breakdown of the remaining sugars, carbohydrates, and nutrients, the plant is forced to utilize these compounds in flavored items during the curing process. Thus, this resting period introduces less odor and sensation of throat burning when smoking or inhaling."

From here:

I posted this in another thread a while back:

"For cannabis, this [curing] process includes keeping the dried inflorescence in a closed container for a certain period with a specific temperature and humidity. When a plant is cut, enzymes and aerobic bacteria start their activity to break down the extra sugars and starches created by chlorophyll breakdown. When smoking cannabis that has not been properly cured, the presence of these residual sugars and minerals causes a burning sensation in the throat. Before the breakdown of the remaining sugars, carbohydrates, and nutrients, the plant is forced to utilize these compounds in flavored items during the curing process. Thus, this resting period introduces less odor and sensation of throat burning when smoking or inhaling."

From here:
Cool. Thank you!
Only, I still do not know what is different about putting it in a jar. :straightface:

Hi all.
I got some time today to jar things up. The Auto Blue Ace and the CBD 1:1 went in fine. :)
The RCBDV looks fine, and I will jar it up. :)
However, it looks like I thought the Swiss Dream was drier than it was, so I laid them flat too early. I do not know if you can see it, but there is some light mold on some of the crowns. (Next time I will know better.)

light mold 1.jpg

light mold 2.jpg

It has good CBD effects, but it is not really my favorite flavor, so I wondered, would it work to cut away the lightly-molded parts, and decarb it in the air fryer, to make CBD dust? Or is that the worst idea ever, do not even think about it?

I imagine the cure will help the taste, but I might have a situation where I need CBD but cannot have THC soon--and if that happens, I will probably want de-carbed CBD dust, to put on meals. So would it be alright to decarb it real good, 110C / 230F for an hour in an air fryer, and then grind it to dust, to put on meals? (Or is that the worst idea ever, do not even think about it?)

I plan to put all of the good parts in jars.
Looks very moldy to me. I would throw this in the compost bin.

RE: Oils and absorbability. For me, I would look at this as two separate things, one being the best oil for extraction, and the other being absorption of the medicine through the skin. For extraction, most commercial oils are using MCT coconut oil. Olive oil is also good, and it tends to resist rancidity, especially if it contains naturally occurring vit. E. Between the two, the MCT probably holds up better to heating. A mix of the two would be great. For absorption, I would add pharmaceutical-grade DMSO, to carry the medicine into the body. A good ratio might be 60% DMSO, 40% cannabis oil. I am using DMSO from Europe by a company called Heiltropfen.

Looks very moldy to me. I would throw this in the compost bin.
Hey Hemp 😂
Thanks. But a native woman asked me for cannabis to put in oil to deaden pain from varicose veins. I toasted it real good, 110 C (I think that's 230 Fahrenheit) for an hour, and then crushed it in a big wheat grinder, to make dust. And I will tell her no oral ingestion, just oil, but that's what she wanted it for to start with. So I think it should be good. And then she has some pain relief now, rather than having to wait three months for my next crop.

RE: Oils and absorbability. For me, I would look at this as two separate things, one being the best oil for extraction, and the other being absorption of the medicine through the skin. For extraction, most commercial oils are using MCT coconut oil. Olive oil is also good, and it tends to resist rancidity, especially if it contains naturally occurring vit. E. Between the two, the MCT probably holds up better to heating. A mix of the two would be great. For absorption, I would add pharmaceutical-grade DMSO, to carry the medicine into the body. A good ratio might be 60% DMSO, 40% cannabis oil. I am using DMSO from Europe by a company called Heiltropfen.
Yeah, she seems like a very nice woman, and I like her. If I can do something to help her, and make her feel better medically, then I want to do it. And this stuff was going to go in the compost, so it seems like a win-win.

I thought about researching oil and getting her oil and all that kind of stuff. But I think she already had a plan of what she wanted to do, and how she wanted to do it. so if I ever make this for me, I will try to remember MCT, thank you. 🙏
But for her, if she already knows how she wants to do it, I think I just give her the ground up powder, and emphasize that no one should take it by mouth. Only topical application for this one. I think she will be happiest and feel the most blessed that way.

Hey Hemp 😂
Thanks. But a native woman asked me for cannabis to put in oil to deaden pain from varicose veins. I toasted it real good, 110 C (I think that's 230 Fahrenheit) for an hour, and then crushed it in a big wheat grinder, to make dust. And I will tell her no oral ingestion, just oil, but that's what she wanted it for to start with. So I think it should be good. And then she has some pain relief now, rather than having to wait three months for my next crop.
Sounds safe enough, but I actually don't know about neutralizing mycotoxins using heat. It's not the live mold that's the concern. It's the chemicals contained in the mold that's the issue. The commercial cannabis industry, dispensaries, etc., are super concerned about any impurities in the end product, including mycotoxins, which are nasty.

Sounds safe enough, but I actually don't know about neutralizing mycotoxins using heat. It's not the live mold that's the concern. It's the chemicals contained in the mold that's the issue. The commercial cannabis industry, dispensaries, etc., are super concerned about any impurities in the end product, including mycotoxins, which are nasty.
Yes, there's no sense risking your professional reputation over a few buds.

But in this case, if I do not give her these ground up buds she will need to wait at least three more months in order to get her medicine.
Thanks for letting me know that it seems safe enough to you.
:green_heart:

Yes, there's no sense risking your professional reputation over a few buds.

But in this case, if I do not give her these ground up buds she will need to wait at least three more months in order to get her medicine.
Thanks for letting me know that it seems safe enough to you.
I just google it... mycotoxins are not destroyed by "normal cooking temperatures". Seems 400°F will not destroy them. Nasty stuff I'm telling you: Frontiers | Fungal and mycotoxin contaminants in cannabis and hemp flowers: implications for consumer health and directions for further research

Your call buddy. Surely there must be other growers in the area? It's so frustrating that this great medicine is still suppressed by Babylon.

Babylon - noun - (chiefly among Rastafarians) a contemptuous or dismissive term for aspects of a society seen as degenerate or oppressive, especially the police.

I just google it... mycotoxins are not destroyed by "normal cooking temperatures". Seems 400°F will not destroy them. Nasty stuff I'm telling you: Frontiers | Fungal and mycotoxin contaminants in cannabis and hemp flowers: implications for consumer health and directions for further research
Oy va voi.
But do you still think the decarbed version should be safe for her to put on the skin externally??
Or not safe for her to put on the skin externally?

Your call buddy. Surely there must be other growers in the area?
Probably, but the nominal Catholic tropics are very different from the nominal Protestant temperate culture [which is different than Orthodox Jewish, Conservative, and Reform, etc.), and therefore things do not work the same.

There is a negative stigma on cannabis in Colombia. Some people use it, but there is a strong association with the crime element still (Pablo Escobar, etc.), and many devout Catholics shy away (or will shun you).
I have had to explain my autism, spine pain, etc. to everyone who sees my grow room, so they will not wonder whether I am a good element that seeks peaceful use, or if it will lead to some kind of problem.
So I would like to give her the CBD dust, IF it is good for her, and NOT if it is not. She seems like someone who is trying to be spiritual, and work hard, and do a good job, so I like to bless people like that when I can.
It's so frustrating that this great medicine is still suppressed by Babylon.

Babylon - noun - (chiefly among Rastafarians) a contemptuous or dismissive term for aspects of a society seen as degenerate or oppressive, especially the police.

Yes, thanks. We know about Babylon, and Mystery Babylon. It is a real demon.
Babylon (and the rest of the demons) do things like criminalize wellness herbs that the Creator says we can consume, so that the people will be unwell, and need to buy their poisons. If you study the word Pharmacy, itis Pharmakeia in Greek, which means poisoning.
Or maybe I am using a tin-foil keyboard?
But yes, may Babylon fall, soon and in our day, so the people can be well.

Definitely not tin-foil, brother!

I think it's a devil-in-the-details situation. You could only know if you knew which mycotoxins are present, in what quantities, and how much would be present in the carrier oil, and how much of it would wind up going into the skin, and if it would reach the blood stream. And then, at those levels, if it was really going to cause any negative effects on cells, organs, etc. I simply don't know the answer.

There was a guy staying at our farm a couple years ago who thought the whole mold-in-cannabis thing was way overblown and not harmful at all. But he was someone I ultimately didn't trust very much.

I just harvested Sweet Critical CBD, and there were lots of popcorn buds (way too many) with dead bracts hidden inside them (some bigger buds too), and lots of those had minute amounts of mold on them. The bigger buds were worth saving. The popcorn I wound up just tossing out.

Definitely not tin-foil, brother!

I think it's a devil-in-the-details situation. You could only know if you knew which mycotoxins are present, in what quantities, and how much would be present in the carrier oil, and how much of it would wind up going into the skin, and if it would reach the blood stream. And then, at those levels, if it was really going to cause any negative effects on cells, organs, etc. I simply don't know the answer.

There was a guy staying at our farm a couple years ago who thought the whole mold-in-cannabis thing was way overblown and not harmful at all. But he was someone I ultimately didn't trust very much.

I just harvested Sweet Critical CBD, and there were lots of popcorn buds (way too many) with dead bracts hidden inside them (some bigger buds too), and lots of those had minute amounts of mold on them. The bigger buds were worth saving. The popcorn I wound up just tossing out.
I understand. I told her that there had been mold on part of it, and that I had treated it, but it was only for external use (and I marked the bag also). She still wanted it.
I am praying it will be all right.

Back
Top Bottom