Cloning from clones

Odinstrange

So I got clones some I sent into flower an one I've been training an was hoping to use to take clones but my question is can one clone more cannabis from already cloned cannabis an if so will it do anything to the value of the plant potency or any other way I would really like to perfect the stain I'm running but can really keep a mother consistently more like take a few clones an after the mom was healed throw her into flower as well and repeat with a perpetual grow but without a true mother plant but rather picking out the best clone each time
Happy new years everyone
Stay safe stay medicated :passitleft:

:rollit:

Attachments

• 20181231_192414.jpg
    20181231_192414.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 20181231_192618.jpg
    20181231_192618.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 141
I have heard/read over time they degrade or start to mutate, seems to be "typically" what happens over time according to what I have read anyway from folks doing that. I had a Blue Widow I kept going that way for 2 years, then it became difficult to clone and the last two went into Flower when it was about 3 inches tall on a Veg cycle with lights. But that my only real "first hand" experiences, and I was on the 6th or 7th generation that way before things went "stupid" on me.

Damn but the first few were alright nothing really changed genetically to the plant

They were all same far as taste and all that goes up until they went stupid on me. Seems like they became less bug resistant too farther I got into clones of clones of clones (or I just got hit harder with bugs, hard to say but kind of makes sense). No idea on seeds on your other post as I'm still learning on seeds and just minor experiments with making some.

One in front of pic was the last generation of clones before it went all stupid on me from this years outdoor girls (one in back from a Fem seed of something else):

Though I did cross one of the Clones with something else, but haven't grown any of those out fully yet, as have just done a little tester plant of my breeding experiment so far:

Yes you can clone a clone to answer your question.
As far as life span, I've heard that you can literally veg a plant for up to 7 years.
Flowering will degrade over time. 3 years is typically the end....

I have a stardog plant I've cloned multiple times and its finally getting to the point of losing its character. I'm personally going to mothball it after this next run.

i have been cloning and recloning the same blueberry for several years now.

P1170383.JPG

apr 016 or so

my understanding is each clone is an 'exact' copy of the mother,, no itty bits of dna wash out with the water,, it is and always will be the exact same plant,, know why,, cuz it 'is' the same plant,, think about it

everytime it's a piece of the 'same' plant, so it's the same, everytime

my logic anyway,, with a bit o book readin throwed in

cheers

How many clones could one take at a time from a single plant say I have one that has say 12 tops I wanna take as clones secondly I have a clone trey with a humidifier dome little classic one nothing fancy but could I put soil in each cube hole for said clones of I'm tight on a budget instead of using cubes? Should still have same effect just have to let them root in their longer say 2 weeks before actually planting them into pots to form decent little root ball to hold the beginning soil together

Back
Top Bottom