Coco feeding and when to start

kentboy1296

I just started my White Widow mother in coco from seed, and im just wanting to know when to start feeding. She is is 9 days old, been feeding her with just phd calmag water (200ppm) wen its time i will be using the gh flora trio and some additives, humidity is between 60% and 70% temp is 70° (night) 74° (day) she is in a 2ft by 4ft by 5ft.... here is a pic from yesterday

I started right away with 1/4 strength nutes
I'm using the GH Flora Trio nutes assss well

So feed her Seymour!!!!
Kk thats all i needed to kno thanks @Chris Scorpio. I have heard some controversy on to start right away or wait

Hi folks, I had pretty much the same question and this thread came up in my site search so thought I’d follow up here rather than start a whole new thread.

I’m doing a Coco run for the first time too - usually I grow in soil. I know I have to keep it wet/moist - no wet-dry cycles in Coco.

I am wondering how often I should water at this stage. They’re about 6 days old. I soaked with plain water before planting and since then I’ve given a ‘feed’ with a weak solution (I’m using Bio Canna Vega & Flores).

The medium was still really wet when I did that and it’s still really wet from that one now. Should I just be feeding everyday from now? Or do I wait a while between ‘feedings’ until they get bigger? :hmmmm:

1/4 strength nutes with runoff to continuously flush any salt build up I was told, I'm in my first coco grow as well.

1/4 strength nutes with runoff to continuously flush any salt build up I was told, I'm in my first coco grow as well.
Bingo mate, you were told correctly.
Just feed quarter strength nutes every day to run off and you can't possibly go wrong. Like literally nothing at all can actually go off.
Completely fool proof buddy.
After 4 or 5 weeks, depending on how well they're growing, they might get hungry. If they do, the bottoms will start going yellow . If that happens just up the nutes by 50% but wait untill they go yellow before upping it.
Don't just think oh they're getting big they need more. Always wait for the yellowing then go up by 50%. That way you garuntee to stay in the sweet spot and garuntee not to cause any tox problems.

And there he is @Barney86 he has a link in his signature, a great read. Check it out!

:passitleft:

And there he is @Barney86 he has a link in his signature, a great read. Check it out!

:passitleft:
Thanks Canuk & @Barney86 for the thread :thumb:

I've popped 10 different strains to start this round. White rhino, incredible bulk, black dog, big bud X northern lights, citron givre, blueberry cookies, blue dream auto, big kush, white strawberries and peyote critical. All seeds popped on the 29/June in Coco within 3 days of planting. They are already in bags as of today after being put into cups a few days prior which they grew out of. After the first week from popping I gave them a mix of flair form green 1, cmx, roots and silica magic. I fed at the rate of 10ml per plant up to 3 times a day. The more they feed the faster they grow. They were under a 400watt CFL but are now under an 1800watt cob. I gave them water for the first week after they popped and then went straight to nutrients with great results. Each to their own I guess.

Thanks Canuk & @Barney86 for the thread
Yeah folks, thanks for the write up, reading through Barny's guide has convinced me to jump in to coco and am transplanting to it today...

Thirteen words..... :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom