Coco Scrog - Multiple Strains

Update: 4/1/12

It definitely was over fert on Group A!

They look much better after a week of plain water. Clones will be taken off of Group A in the next day or two.

Here are some pictures over the course of the last few days, you can see the nute burn in a few of the pics

2012-03-29_18_04_19.jpg
2012-03-31_19_24_34.jpg
2012-03-31_19_24_03.jpg

Critical Mass (Couple seconds after watering)

2012-04-01_19_05_00.jpg

Critical Mass (Minute after watering)

2012-04-01_19_45_21.jpg
2012-04-01_19_45_51.jpg

SLH

2012-04-01_19_46_21.jpg
2012-04-01_19_46_42.jpg

LA C. #1 (Topped above 3rd node instead of 2nd like the rest)

2012-04-01_19_40_17.jpg
2012-04-01_19_41_22.jpg

LA C. #2

2012-04-01_19_42_43.jpg
2012-04-01_19_43_49.jpg

Group B (Playing with macro setting)

2012-04-01_19_49_16.jpg

Looking like a great start man. The yellowing and odd nodes on the SLH is fairly normal from what i've researched, its variegation issues in the genetics from greenhouse, just a pheno it has. I have two in my grow and one is perfect and the other is 50% yellow and ive seen this from looking at many other SLH grows as well. Here is my Good one and my Yellow girl. Feel free to check out myGrow
these are 5 weeks from seed 3 weeks in veg.
Normal SLH Pheno.
IMG_8543.JPG

Variegtation SLH Pheno
IMG_8552.JPG

Looking like a great start man. The yellowing and odd nodes on the SLH is fairly normal from what i've researched, its variegation issues in the genetics from greenhouse, just a pheno it has. I have two in my grow and one is perfect and the other is 50% yellow and ive seen this from looking at many other SLH grows as well. Here is my Good one and my Yellow girl. Feel free to check out myGrow
these are 5 weeks from seed 3 weeks in veg.
Normal SLH Pheno.
IMG_8543.JPG

Variegtation SLH Pheno
IMG_8552.JPG

:thanks: azsupratt

Feel free to come back as often as you want!

I remember seeing your mutant SLH, I'm subbed to your journal already. I was really interested because we have a few of the same strains. You grow is looking great already. I also have 2 DNA La cons going, I really hope I get a female. And I have a Greenhouse Great White Shark seed in the stash but I haven't had a chance to pop it yet, so your grow looks like it will be a great demonstration of that strain!

Very nice brotha, LOL, I had my GDP do that a couple times like your C. Mass... as it grew up, it stopped doing that. I didn't top that one, I FIMmed it. but I also trained the branches to grow up instead of out so she became a cola.

:peacetwo:

Very nice brotha, LOL, I had my GDP do that a couple times like your C. Mass... as it grew up, it stopped doing that. I didn't top that one, I FIMmed it. but I also trained the branches to grow up instead of out so she became a cola.

:thanks:

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the drooping right after watering. It would be nice if she outgrew it but I don't notice any real problems arising from it. The reason I topped is because I want those to be mini bonsai moms, trying to keep as many strains as possible with the limited space for my mothers. I will either top or FIM above the 5th or 6th node for the Scrog, then I will LST the multiple tops. I'm thinking of trying to top one and FIM the other one to see which method I prefer for Scrog.

Just had a read so far and i'm liking what i'm seeing. Looking good so far. I'm subbed for this one.

:thanks: McPuffin

I peeked into your grow after I saw you POTM entry, I've only scanned through the first few pages but I'll check the whole thing out later tonight. I made some CFL fixtures pretty damn similar to the one you have.

Even though I have a general idea of what I'm doing, feel free to share anything you might consider helpful to me. Your Scrog looks awesome, you might need to give me a few tips on training :)

:peace:

Oh and here are my DIY cfl Veg fixtures that I made a few grows back. I want to try out a T5 HO soon but I'm afraid it won't be much better then CFLs. Looks like I might have to save up and get an LED

NOT CURRENT GROW

Light_22.jpg
2011-08-12_23_21_33.jpg
2011-08-31_13_26_22.jpg

Looks good so far..... :tokin:

:thanks: Potchimp

I've been checking up on your grow every update. I really want to see how that 818 produces, were both running a cali connection strain. I hope mine is decent since it's swerves newly released buddah tahoe og and it was a freebie, I've heard and seen very positive things about his gear though so I'll keep my fingers crossed for us Lol.

:thanks:

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the drooping right after watering. It would be nice if she outgrew it but I don't notice any real problems arising from it. The reason I topped is because I want those to be mini bonsai moms, trying to keep as many strains as possible with the limited space for my mothers. I will either top or FIM above the 5th or 6th node for the Scrog, then I will LST the multiple tops. I'm thinking of trying to top one and FIM the other one to see which method I prefer for Scrog.

Yes that is exactly what I was referring to.

Your light set up is brilliant! I'm gonna get one of those! From my experience if you get a led do not get a blue vegging one - get the 3w that can be used throughout the grow, like a UFO, same with the T5's just like the vegging leds, are only good for clones and seedlings, not for vegging--well you can use em for vegging but its a slow go. :peace:

Have a quick question. How many plants are you planning on running in that screen just 2?
I think it will be possible to fill it with 2 with the right amount of veg time. Also i'd think of maybe taking like 2-3 inches off the legs of the screen which will allow the plant to hit the screen quicker and allow you to get it to spread out more. I would start off by topping both plants to get 2 main stalks that you can lst to opposite sides of the container then after a little growing top or fim both of those branches along with some selective topping/ fimming of secondary shoots and that should give you a good base of branches to start off with. Also i find it easier to train about an hour or so after watering as it makes it a little easier for them to bend.

Update: 4/3/12

Okay so today I cut clones off of Group A, I figured I'd take some pictures and lightly document my method to share. I'm not saying this is the proper way but I've been getting a 95% success rate which I don't think is too shabby. I do use an aero cloner, mine is only a 5 gallon bucket cloner but it has 12 sites which is plenty for me. I had a terrible time trying to clone with rockwool, so if you have trouble like I did I highly recommend trying an aeroponic cloner!

I took 3 clones off of each plant in Group A for a total of 12 clones.

Here is a list of items I use, I labeled them on which I deem necessary or optional

- Scissors Nec.
- Razor blade Nec.
- Cup or bowl of water Nec./Opt.
- Cup of rubbing alcohol Nec.(To clean utensils between cuts)
- PH Opt.
- Clonex or other rooting hormone Opt.

2012-04-03_12_42_47.jpg

Add water to cloner

2012-04-03_12_30_54.jpg

Add clone solution to water (Opt. Tap water works fine)

2012-04-03_12_32_30.jpg

PH solution (Opt.) I added some ph down because it was a little too high. I use a ph test vial instead of a meter.

2012-04-03_12_41_17.jpg

Here is one of my LA confidential mothers ready for clones to be taken

2012-04-03_13_05_40.jpg

Here I am about to trim right above a node, leaving two new shoots to form

2012-04-03_13_10_30.jpg

Here is the cutting with red lines representing where you want to trim off all side shoots using the razorblade, only leaving the top node

2012-04-03_13_11_22.jpg

Then I retrim at a 45 degree angle. I do this step underwater to prevent air bubbles from forming.

2012-04-03_13_14_01.jpg

Then I lightly scrape the bottom inch or so using a razorblade and trim back the fan leaves halfway to promote rooting

2012-04-03_13_16_03.jpg

Then I dip in clonex and leave there until next clone gets to this point

2012-04-03_13_17_14.jpg

Next you place in neoprene or other cloning medium

2012-04-03_13_21_13.jpg

Then you place in cloner, I like to label my strains, or you can use colored neoprene collars

2012-04-03_13_21_52.jpg

And Repeat ! :)

2012-04-03_14_17_22.jpg

That is it for this update

:peace:

Your light set up is brilliant! I'm gonna get one of those! From my experience if you get a led do not get a blue vegging one - get the 3w that can be used throughout the grow, like a UFO, same with the T5's just like the vegging leds, are only good for clones and seedlings, not for vegging--well you can use em for vegging but its a slow go. :peace:

Thanks they are just vanity fixtures that people use in bathrooms. They are like $10-$15 depending if you get the 4 bulb or 6-8 bulb from home depot. Then Y bulb splitters for $2.50 a piece. If I got a LED I was considering Advanced LED's diamond series that has switchable Veg & flower mode or both on at once.

Back
Top Bottom