Jack 47 - Super Lemon Haze - Hydro LED Scrog

azsupratt

Hows it going everyone! I am so excited to be back in the growing society and back on the forum as its been way to long. This is my first grow in nearly two years and my first time with a hydroponics setup and LED so I decided to go all out and make sure I have the best of the best for my babies while also saving on the monthly costs.... I have done about 5 succesful soil grows with my last setup which was a custom built 4 x 4 box 1000w mh/hps lumitek in foxfarm soil with about 9 plants in that small box..

I am fully legalized to culivate in az now! so I am giong to have a blast and hopefully make some killer meds. I decided to go with 8 plants for starting and cycles and to keep 4 as mothers for variety and to stay legal for my 12 plant limit.

I chose 3 fem. greenhouse Super Lemon Haze, 3 Sweet Seed Fem Jack 47.
My last 2 seeds didn't pop so I am going to pick up 2 clones next week to fill my last 2 pots.
IMG_8312.JPG

For my setup I have two Secret jardin tents

Tent 1: This is my pride and joy!
I went with a Secret Jardin dr 240w 4 x 8 Tent
6 90w Evo LED's
8 Site Monster Cap Ebb & Gro setup hooked up to a Growonix GX150HR ro system(Coming tomorrow!)
filled with cleaned hydroton.
Res outside of tent inside closet for darkness(no light for algea =)
Hanna Continuous pH/TDS/Tmp - HI981504/7 inside the Res mounted on the wall.
Currently have one mini fan inside for vent but will be adding two next week when babies go in.
Up top have the canfan 6" lite attached to the canfan 6 HO fan for exhaust.
I built a 4 x 8, 2 inch Mesh Grid for SCROG that I will move in when the plants are ready to be fimmed and scrogged.

My budget was about 3k... unfortunately had to go a bit over for the good stuff...

IMG_8310.JPG

Im really excited to use these LEDS, I spent months researching all the different brands etc and I found a really nice setup I liked that i havnt seen except for one grow in IC forums.

I want to give a special thanks to my friend Gud for all his help and information and helping me import these LEDS from Spain safely and quickly.

These are LEDS are 90 w each and are specifically designed for Marijuana growth and from what I have seen work amazing utilizing a warm white summer type light.

They are 3 feet long x 4 in wide and 1 inch thick. SUPER LIGHT and Super cool.
They require no fans as they are like 80% aluminum heatsink and they utilize 5 groups of 9 LEDS in each group on each bar.
6 Cree XP-E Red chips and 3 (seller would like me to not say the brand as I have the newest set using them not listed for sale by them yet) 10k White chip LEDS.
IMG_8311.JPG

Looks like summer afternoon in my tent lol. The rec height in flowering is 6-8 in away from buds so I have plenty of room to play around with. I placed my hand about 3 inch from the light and experienced no heat but my hand was basically illuminated and glowing lol. Anyway here are some pics with everything setup inside the tent. Please forgive me as I am horrible with photography but I will get better along with this journal.

IMG_8330.JPG

IMG_8331.JPG

IMG_8332.JPG

IMG_8328.JPG

IMG_8327.JPG

IMG_8326.JPG

IMG_8324.JPG

These things are Very High quality I was very happy when I received them. They make the Jumbo 180 look like a cheap piece of plastic lol.

IMG_8320.JPG

ProSource Illuminator Jumbo 180 LED(killer deal $250 NIB) for mothers and clones

Tent 2 :
1 Mother/Cloning Tent:
4x4 secret jardin,
4 - 5 gallon buckets for the mothers to be placed into soil for future clippings.
8 site daisy cloner for clones
carbon filter uptop for smell etc normal stuff.

For Intake i have a 6" vortax fan built into a box I made with a y pipe evenly splitting the intake air into both tents for good reverse pressure for the exhaust.The box helps with the sound. The intake for the intake box has an 8" Dust Shroom over it for clean fresh air to both boxes.
IMG_8329.JPG

For nutes I want to give a big shout out to Corey at BPN for the awesome nutes I will be using in this grow.
3 Part Grow-Micro-Bloom and Blue Bloom! I am very excited to try these on my first hydro grow. I also picked up a few side nutes Rhizatonic, Snow Storm Ultra (used purple maxx in past and worked wonders) basic ph up/down and some other small things you can see pictured.

IMG_8323.JPG

IMG_8322.JPG

I've ran the res for about a week with 40gallons of water for testing and to get used to the system and work out all the kinks. I think I will end up grabbing an air stone for the rez as I don't plan on feeding with lights off and will have that run lights off.

For the first week of test runs for my indoor veg/flower tent remained at 68-72 degrees F lights on, and 65 degrees with lights off with 50-60% humidty for on/off.

I love these lights because they only increase temps by maybe 5 degrees MAX at about 10 hours on...No sound is also Amazing =)

I did a test with all my equipment turned on (will never always be all on) 7 leds,3 fans,control bucket,hanna meter, and I am only pushing 1100 Watts! Thats for 2 full tents all turned on max power. So normally I will be running about 650 or so which is a HUGE improvement over my last grow where that Ballast alone was 1000w.......

Res water temps 64-65 Degree F, TDS about 550 at weeks end without ro system hooked up. ( Get Growonix Monday or so ).

I started germinating my babies in papertowels and placed them into rockwool cubes 2 days later when taproots sprouted from the jack 47's. Pre-Soaked rockwool cubes in 5.7 ph balanced for 24 hours. Placed these babies labeld in a little humidadome and placed them on a heating pad. Started these on 02/21/2012
IMG_8313.JPG

IMG_8314.JPG

Sadly my seeds didnt make it and the 6 fem seeds I purchased the Jack47 and SLH popped perfectly. Here they are a day after sowing into the Rockwool on the 02/24/12 coming out to say hello.
IMG_83151.JPG

IMG_8316.JPG

IMG_8317.JPG

Here we are yesterday at 3 days old with the first leaves popping out and showing to get some light.Been under the lights for about half a day and LEDS are about 3.5 feet up right now as I am not sure how intense these will be on them so I am going to gradually lower them. I gave them their first feeding with 1 drop superthrive, 2.5ml micro,2.5 grow and 2.5 bloom ph balanced to 5.7 510ppm spring water.. Cant wait for my growonix.
IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG

IMG_8340.JPG

IMG_8339.JPG

IMG_8336.JPG

IMG_8334.JPG

IMG_8333.JPG

I am always up for any helpful information, idea's and thoughts about my grow because I have alot to learn for hydro and growing in general. This is a passion I love and the rewards are outstanding so please chime in with any thoughts,questions or concerns. This will be a long detailed journal.

Smoke Healthy and Legally!

Re: Jack 47, Super Lemon Haze - Hydro LED Scrog w/ BPN!!

Here we are today at 4 days, Ro coming tomorrow so I can get my buckets all setup and filled and ready for when these babies are good to go in. They started to stretch a little so I lower to lights down quite a bit to 20in above the plants and moved them a little closer together.

IMG_8355.JPG

IMG_8356.JPG

IMG_8363.JPG

IMG_8361.JPG

IMG_8360.JPG

IMG_8348.JPG

IMG_8346.JPG

IMG_8365.JPG

IMG_8367.JPG

Here is a shot of the rez in the space behind the tent. Ro will be above it drilled through wall (bathroom next door).

IMG_8344.JPG

Re: Jack 47, Super Lemon Haze - Hydro LED Scrog w/ BPN!

Well finally spring break! I finally have time to finish my setup since my new fan came. The figure 8 pattern with a timer and multiple modes is Baddass! The girls are 14 days old today and unfortunately I had an accident with one of the SLH and it didn't make it. The other two are going good but they are stubborn and the jack's are doing great. I picked up a few awesome clones(little bigger) from a local grower very clean and awesome roots. a DNA genetics La confidential, a green house seeds Great White Shark, and a hybrid breed he was unsure of but picked up in colorado form a breeder. He also gave me a sample of each and its bomb. Purple la con so should be fun. I'm giving them a little time to get settled then topping them and setting up the scrog while the others catch up. Here are some pics.

Hybrid
IMG_8421.JPG

IMG_84102.JPG

La Confidential
IMG_8415.JPG

Great White Shark
IMG_84161.JPG

IMG_84092.JPG

IMG_84084.JPG

Jack 47 #1
IMG_84113.JPG

Jack #2
IMG_84141.JPG

My stubborn Ty Dye SLH this is the only plant yellowing like this but everything else about it is fine.
IMG_84171.JPG

heres my new fan and how I set it up in the tent
IMG_8418.JPG

IMG_8419.JPG

Im gonna flush the rez on sunday and up the nutes to 5.0 each.

Really nice setup. Hope those led's work out for you. I have grown SLH and it is some excellent stuff, very potent. They take a little time to get rooted but can shoot up quick. Not a big yielder so you may want to let it veg. a little longer. Jack47 is on my radar. Good luck,

:thumb:
Flip

Thanks guys, I tried to make it as automated and maint free as I could and get the best crop of coarse. I recently added a growonix 100gpd ro that sits right above the rez with tubing through the wall into the bathroom right on the other side. Makes it easy to drain and fill specially with a float valve...

Hey all, here is a few new pics of my Growonix setup through the wall into the bathroom sink and my new Whisper Quite 60Gallon Airpump that is so silent its amazing and I picked up A top of the line Micro-Pore Single XL Air-stone to keep my rez nice and bubbly. Here are some pics of the plants yesterday at 16/17 days old and a few pics of my Scrog setup I put in today made from chicken wire and pvp. I also topped the clones and fimmed 2 of the Jack's last night and they are already looking good. Also had to get some diatamaceous earth and some yellow sticky traps cause the clones had some fungas gnats in the algea on the rockwool. Not to many I picked out a lot of the larvae before i put them in and I have only seen 3 gnats before I put the DE and traps in and this morning 2 were on the traps but I don't wanna infestation so decided to coat em up just incase.

IMG_84221.JPG

IMG_8425.JPG

IMG_8423.JPG

IMG_8428.JPG

Fimmed Jack#1
IMG_8436.JPG

Fimmed Jack #2
IMG_8435.JPG

Tye-Dye SLH
IMG_8434.JPG

IMG_8441.JPG

IMG_8442.JPG

IMG_8440.JPG

IMG_84391.JPG

Thanks man was a lot of work but now I can sit back and watch!

Hey buddy! Wow, that set up is amazing.... Cant wait to see how you do but looks like youre more than motivated to put out some beautiful meds!

Girls are 23-24 days old today, camera died while I was snapping pics but got a few. Here is the hybrid clone starting scrog.
IMG_8476.JPG

SLH #2
IMG_8477.JPG

Jack-47 #1 Fimmed
IMG_84781.JPG

Jack-47 #2 fimmed
IMG_8479.JPG

How big is that scrog screen? I'm looking forward to watching this grow progress!

So far I love the LEDS compared to my old 1000w lumatek setup. For one heat is no issue to worry about and I love that. Room never gets over 85(that's with my house heater on). They have no fans and are always cool to the touch. The only thing I have found is I have to keep backing them off cause they are to strong for the plants lol. These things are supposed to shine in flowering so I can't wait to see then. Ill post some new pics of the other clones they have basically consumed the pots now and most of the under growth is almost half way to the screen. These things penetrate very well on the 80degree lens. Oh and I love that my electricity bill hasn't gone up at all.

The Screen is 4 x 8 feet so in the end Ill end up with a 32 sq/ft scrog =) Should be fun and lots of buds!

your going to like your sweet seeds jack 47, here are a few pictures of the one i grew under a 400watt lamp. my buddy has one under a 600watt and the buds dwarf my plant.. no joke.

rsz_img_1228.jpg

rsz_img_1229.jpg

rsz_img_1230.jpg

rsz_img_1231.jpg

this plant was 5oz dry, ive gottin 8oz dry from her befor. my buddys will weigh in id say between 12oz to a 1lb from one plant. ill try to get some pics for you it is truely an amazing strain sweet seeds created.. football sized colas no doubt!!!

Nice looking plant! I can't wait to start flowering but must be patient to fill the screen. Def. taking a clone from my first jack, great vigor and lots of shoots with huge fan leaves already. fun plant easy going. Still trying to balance the perfect ph between these diff strains cant wait to do single strain srcogs after i get my mothers. Thinking 5.7 is where they all respond best at. Here a few pics i just snapped.Ill be taking down the yellow sticky traps in a few days. Havent seen anything new but just to be sure.
jack #1
IMG_8482.JPG

Slh#2(looking much better likes low ph 5.4ish...others like it a lil higher)
IMG_8481.JPG

Great white shark
IMG_8483.JPG

LA Conf.(piece of leaf got attacked by sticky trap)
IMG_8484.JPG

IMG_8487.JPG

IMG_8488.JPG

IMG_84891.JPG

Little update they are 4 weeks and 1 day today here are some pics of last night and this morning. added some 2x4 under the buckets to get all the extra water back into the rez and worked great. Did a full scrub,bleach,alc clean to the rez and all my tools today as I do every sunday. Girls are getting bigger, had to raise lights a little cause they were bushing out again and i want a little more height them.
jack-47-1
IMG_8502.JPG

IMG_8504.JPG

jack47-2
IMG_8516.JPG

La-Conf.
IMG_8506.JPG

IMG_8514.JPG

Great White Shark
IMG_8507.JPG

IMG_8515.JPG

SLH-2
IMG_8508.JPG

Hybrid
IMG_85111.JPG

IMG_8521.JPG

IMG_8522.JPG

IMG_8523.JPG

IMG_8524.JPG

Topped the rez off at 35gallons with nutes added at 10ml/g micro/grow/bloom, 2ml/g Bloom booster and 2ml/g of SM-90.

Topped the SLH tonight give it some more growth.
I'm hoping if they keep up at this rate I can flower in 2-3 weeks. The 50/50 hybrid is by far outdoing them all in the scrog department. She loves to stretch out and spread her legs under the screen and has so many sites popping up. I love how not so leafy it is to.

azsupratt -

First of all - great start to your grow and journal! Very nice clean set-up, and clearly well thought out. I agree with what someone else said, the SLH is a very slow rooting plant. I have a mom I've been vegging, and plan to flower some clones of hers in my next bloom round. Crazy slow rooting, and it clones slow too... I can't wait to follow yours to see what I have in store!

Looks like an Ebb n Gro system? I have a similar style system I've been using, the Flo N Gro, by Titan Controls. Same concept, just a little different style buckets.

A few thoughts on this system (hope you don't mind me sharing them):

As far as the airstone in the reservoir, it's not needed. They will get all the oxygenation they need with the draining and filling cycles. A lot of people do put them in there, but they are not necessary. One of the best hydro growers I know, Mr Smith (check out his journals when you get time) has used a system like yours extensively, and he also would tell you the airstone in the reservoir isn't needed. I know people often suggest adding it, though, so I understand why you added it. Sometimes people feel tempted to put airstones in the individual buckets for that little bit extra left in the bottom - also not necessary. Finally, a lot of people want to elevate the buckets to drain out any little bit left in the bottom because they're afraid of the roots being in "stagnant" water. You guessed it, not necessary - at least that's been my experience(s). ;)

I do, however, put a water pump in my reservoir that just does nothing but gently churn the nutrients around to keep things from becoming settled, but I doubt that's necessary either. I basically just dangle it into the reservoir, attached to nothing, plugged in 24/7. It is only about a $15-20 394gph pump I think.

I have to say, I've grown DWC also, and I LOVE this Ebb N Gro style of hydro, and so do my plants. You've gone a really good direction - especially in terms of simplicity. Just make sure you have a good connection on all of your hoses, etc. so as to not have a flood and you are golden. You'll love it too, guaranteed.

A question about your LED's - how many total watts per fixture, 90w? or is it 90w per light-set per fixture? Not sure if I asked that correctly. Just curious -- they sure look cool!

:goodluck: and +rep for a great start. Plants look really good so far, too. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom