Coloradokid's First Grow!

Hey, ck! I see your issue but I'm a newb so I don't really know.... but I wonder if it even matters this close to harvest? (its not light burn is it?)
At any rate, CK, you seem to have the knack for growing!!! So far , so good.... off to check your other grow!

Thanks for stopping in MP, I don't think it is light burn because that girl is mainly under the t5. but whatever it's is, we will get it figured out! I'm glad I'm running into a few problems because this is how we learn and if this grow went completely perfect then that would be great but like I said I want to be able to see a deficiency and act on it and know what to do. It's all a part of growing!
:roorrip:

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Look these over and see if they help.

594978d19cb1b93ce2c4e2033c7bae23.jpg

3288966282993a96db533ff40c7e6887.jpg

I'm thinking after looking here over that it is a phosphate deficiency, but can't be entirely sure. I'll be honest the last few waters I got lazy and didn't pH so that probably was a big no no... But I just fed last night and pH to 6.5. Since these deficiencies just started to show up, I, thinking the pH ing could be the reason. Guess I learned my lesson on that one lol

That pH could be it for sure. Can create but also expose problems. Kind of like why I was asking about the 81 temp. Is that as hot as it has gotten? I saw 81 so guess that was not your most hot temp ever? Being outdoors/indoors w my greenhouse I start to worry at 81 as around 83/84 I see signs of heat stress. My friend is more outdoor than me here locally and he does fine in the 90s but his greenhouse is totally different than mine. Now you being indoors as others said or under led, 81 is no problem and neither would 84. Any more than that and co2 can help a bunch into the 90s. But have an underlying problem and sometimes temps and pH can show them imho. I forget, are you using ro water? Do you check ppm?

That pH could be it for sure. Can create but also expose problems. Kind of like why I was asking about the 81 temp. Is that as hot as it has gotten? I saw 81 so guess that was not your most hot temp ever? Being outdoors/indoors w my greenhouse I start to worry at 81 as around 83/84 I see signs of heat stress. My friend is more outdoor than me here locally and he does fine in the 90s but his greenhouse is totally different than mine. Now you being indoors as others said or under led, 81 is no problem and neither would 84. Any more than that and co2 can help a bunch into the 90s. But have an underlying problem and sometimes temps and pH can show them imho. I forget, are you using ro water? Do you check ppm?

I do not check ppm and no I don't use RO water and 84 is as hot as it's gotten in there and it sits around 82/84. I have been again pH ing to 6.5 with all my feeding so I hope these problems will not get any worse

Nice so your temps stay respectable. Next I would look into your water ppm. Maybe buy a meter or get it tested moreso. If your ppm of the plain water is high you will want to address that. A test would tell you some of what minerals you lack or have excess of. Even if you don't buy a filtration system or RO system you will know some of what nutrients to avoid or add more accurately like calcium. But you may also find your ppm is high and that you may want to collect rainwater or use a different source etc. I often mix my tap with spring water I take from my creek. Creek is low ppm and tap is medium ppm. Just a pain to get the spring water so I mix it w the tap water. If you keep your temps, humidity, pH and ppm in a respectable range you can get away with more incorrect nutrient levels imho. Then once you've controlled more environmental factors you can play with you nutrients and amounts and be able to see what is too little or too much. You will know what is going on more accurately.

Nice so your temps stay respectable. Next I would look into your water ppm. Maybe buy a meter or get it tested moreso. If your ppm of the plain water is high you will want to address that. A test would tell you some of what minerals you lack or have excess of. Even if you don't buy a filtration system or RO system you will know some of what nutrients to avoid or add more accurately like calcium. But you may also find your ppm is high and that you may want to collect rainwater or use a different source etc. I often mix my tap with spring water I take from my creek. Creek is low ppm and tap is medium ppm. Just a pain to get the spring water so I mix it w the tap water. If you keep your temps, humidity, pH and ppm in a respectable range you can get away with more incorrect nutrient levels imho. Then once you've controlled more environmental factors you can play with you nutrients and amounts and be able to see what is too little or too much. You will know what is going on more accurately.

Alright well I need to get on that and get a ppm meter soon. Thanks for the info and advice! I'm hoping to get the temps down a bit in the future it just I have no A/C in the house at all and it's about 70 degrees in the room the tents are in so not terribly bad but I would like to get the temps in the tent to a steady 78. All of that will hopefully get more dialed in in time

Update - 9/7/16 Day 42 Flower

Ok guys just wanted to showcase my 5 beautiful girls at day 42 of flower. My pure love will be harvested around day 50 and she is in full on flush mode right now. She just got a gallon of water w/ 1/2 tsp molasses pH to 6.5. The other 4 girls got fed yesterday so everyone is satisfied for now... These girls buds are really starting to impress me, it's so nice seeing them fatten up:)

Pure Love

420-magazine-mobile1302217475.jpg

Bio Diesel

420-magazine-mobile1224842421.jpg

Durban Relief(Jane)

420-magazine-mobile1837289557.jpg

Durban Relief(Mary)

420-magazine-mobile1448306306.jpg

Durban Relief(Calypso)

420-magazine-mobile1944387086.jpg

Thanks man! I'm getting really excited to harvest, I feel like this Pure Love could be done at 45 days but i think 50 days will be a bit better. She has almost all brown hairs and just a few new pistils popping out of places

Looking great CK, fast finishers are alway nice to have

Yes I'm glad I have this girl, so she can tide me over until my other girls are finished and ready to be smoked!

So is that your first harvest ever drying there?

Yep, the first plant I have ever harvested! I'm very excited to see the final results once she is done drying. But then of course I have to cure as well.

Kid it is looking great man, hopefully PL will give you somewhere between 90-110g dried. Will be around to check out when you harvest those other ladies. :high-five:

Hey Pat, nice of you to stop on by. Man and I hope you're right on that weight I'm just hoping for around 70 to 80 grams and if I get more then I'll be super stoked! As for the other ladies, they have about 2 weeks left maybe 3... Also I'm looking forward to you starting your next grow, so can't wait to see that!

Hey Coloradokid u ordered your seeds from Seedsman ?

From Balls deep in buds

Some of my seeds came from Seedsman, but none of these girls did. My seeds from Seedsman are currently growing in my other journal.

Back
Top Bottom