Overlord's 1st Grow

UPDATE

Water and 1/4 trans, except I screwed up and added 1/2 Trans. Not very worried about it, will be more careful next time. I have noticed they don't like more than 1/2 oz of Brix. Any more than that and I see a small amount of spots on some of the leaves after a couple days.
Overall seem to be doing alright.
Some pics:
DSC_007637.JPG
DSC_007547.JPG
DSC_006944.JPG
DSC_006845.JPG
DSC_006746.JPG
DSC_006642.JPG
DSC_006542.JPG
DSC_006453.JPG

Subbed, nice setup, beautiful girls :goodjob:

looking great!!

:)

Thank you , These have pretty much grown themselves. I didn't have much time to spend with them. That has now changed, I also noticed the Amare Se450UVB really isn't suited for a 4 ft X 4 FT tent. The light itself works great, but the footprint should be more like 3 X 3. Plants in the four corners lean heavily inward towards the light. Ordered a Growers Choice 630 CMH, also using an 8 in extraction fan and 8 in for the intake. To improve back pressure I ordered a 6 in for the intake, they should be here soon but may wait until next grow to install.

I don't get over here as much as I'd like.....but you're sure doing a fantastic job with these plants! :goodjob:

Doc,
I appreciate you stopping by and fully understand your busy schedule, and thank you for your dedication in bringing us high brix. I have posted a few times that if I was still running hydro, this garden would have failed due to my own busy schedule. I mean every word of what I said, 14 hour days, 7 days a week takes it toll on an old fart like myself. Fortunately, I ran across your post and made the switch, I spend maybe 2 hours a week with the plants.

We recently hired in some new people which now allows me a lot more free time. My next run will be northern lights (trying to use up all my fem seeds) and will run them proper. I am thinking the majority of these plants will come down in the next week to week and a half. I have one that is more of a haze leaning pheno, and may take an extra week or so beyond the rest.

From what I have seen so far, the quality of this some what neglected garden is going to surpass my well cared for hydro grows. Probably not in quantity, but definitely in quality, which is far more important to me.

Thanks Doc, Duggan, Ziggy and all the rest who have patiently answered my questions.

:peace:

Overlord, thanks for the kind words bud!:high-five:. We all owe Doc Bud ...his work and dedication to not only improve his already great product , but his willingness to continue helping all of us.
I see you have a couple new toys...good stuff . You got a speed controller too ,..right..:). Your gonna run it at between 70 and 80% right?...:high-five: I'm gonna make an effort to get over here a lil more. The time just zooms by when i'm 'on the mag'! Happy Canada Day bud. Cheers.:thumb:

Overlord, thanks for the kind words bud!:high-five:. We all owe Doc Bud ...his work and dedication to not only improve his already great product , but his willingness to continue helping all of us.
I see you have a couple new toys...good stuff . You got a speed controller too ,..right..:). Your gonna run it at between 70 and 80% right?...:high-five: I'm gonna make an effort to get over here a lil more. The time just zooms by when i'm 'on the mag'! Happy Canada Day bud. Cheers.:thumb:

I am currently running 2- 8 inch phresh stealth hyperfans, one on exhaust and one on intake. They are already on a controller which allows you to set both a fan speed percentage and temp. the problem is there isn't enough back pressure to control odor properly, hence the 6 inch fan for the intake as per phresh filter recommendations. All but the haze leaning pheno are pretty much ready for harvest, I will let her go another week or however long until she is finished.

and yes sir, they are set in the 70% range and 77 degrees F.. :high-five:

Was at work, hope you had a great Canada day... and a great everyday!! :slide:

Great morning to ya Overlord. I 'm not 100% sure i understand what you said about "back pressure". My 6 inch fan/filter in my GR has been running for about 5 yrs. now and i have no issues with smell or lack of back pressure. My fan exhaust's out of the room and the negative pressure allows fresh 'other room ' to enter at will, thru a rectangular grill i cut out and installed at 'floor level' (so cooler air comes in). It works perfectly without any extra intake air from fans. why do you require that extra huge fan to bring air in....why not just have a 'passive' air intake like me ? Just wondering bud! Have a great Sunday OL!...:high-five:

Great morning to ya Overlord. I 'm not 100% sure i understand what you said about "back pressure". My 6 inch fan/filter in my GR has been running for about 5 yrs. now and i have no issues with smell or lack of back pressure. My fan exhaust's out of the room and the negative pressure allows fresh 'other room ' to enter at will, thru a rectangular grill i cut out and installed at 'floor level' (so cooler air comes in). It works perfectly without any extra intake air from fans. why do you require that extra huge fan to bring air in....why not just have a 'passive' air intake like me ? Just wondering bud! Have a great Sunday OL!...:high-five:

Perhaps I mean negative pressure..

I had the 8 inch fans from a previous larger sealed grow and didn't see a need to purchase new ones, especially with fan controllers so I used them. However, you know how a fan will suck in the walls of a tent? with two 8 inch fans (1 intake, 1 exhaust) this does not happen. The extraction fan is not as effective, I read up on the phresh fan/filters and they recommended using one step down in fan size on the intake. I guess by extracting slightly more air than what is coming in cleans the odors better.

As far as the passive air intake, I don't think my landlord would like me cutting holes in their floors or walls. I have all kinds of equipment that still works from various grow scenarios, improvements, and what not over the years. Know anyone wanting any hydro gear..lol.
I recently trashed a bunch of the hydro gear, but will probably hold onto things that may be useful like timers, lights, that sort of thing.

OK, i gotcha now bud! that's a cool lil timer/controller...i like it. I understand your air movement issues better now. yes ..LMAO about your landlord and cutting holes. Question bud....what if you dial your exhaust down to no lower than 70% and open all tent flaps...do the tent walls still wanna cave in? Fu...n tents..that one of the things i don't like about them. They are , however the best for convenience, set up etc. Wher did you get that timer /controller.....i really like it!

OK, i gotcha now bud! that's a cool lil timer/controller...i like it. I understand your air movement issues better now. yes ..LMAO about your landlord and cutting holes. Question bud....what if you dial your exhaust down to no lower than 70% and open all tent flaps...do the tent walls still wanna cave in? Fu...n tents..that one of the things i don't like about them. They are , however the best for convenience, set up etc. Wher did you get that timer /controller.....i really like it!

Check your PM's for answer. :thumb:

EDIT: Yeah tents suck, but is a necessary evil for me at the moment.

Harvested 8 of 9 plants:

Attention Admin/Mods: I still have one plant left, please do not move to completed just yet. Thank You

I have one hazy pheno that is not quite finished yet, here she is:

DSC_009548.JPG
DSC_009650.JPG

And some pics of some of the drying buds:

DSC_009745.JPG

DSC_009852.JPG

DSC_009945.JPG

DSC_010044.JPG

DSC_010147.JPG

I made some wax out of the trimmings and sugar leaf to keep me happy until the bud is dry. Haven't swapped light or fans yet. Will do that ahead of the next run. Update in about a week or so when the last one finishes.
Thanks for stopping in!
:thanks:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I did wash the buds according to Docs instructions. The 1st bucket was filthy, 2nd a little, 3rd stayed pretty clean. :loopy:

Back
Top Bottom