Duggan Does Kosher Kush With DBHBB: 4 Plants, Two Pots, Lots Of LEDs!

Hey Duggan! Congrats on the 20 Os! Do you use boveda packs in your jars? I think I will have to hang my buds in the flower tent to keep the smell under control. Do you think I should keep it dark in there while they're drying or could I move my veg girls in and keep the light on? I've read that the light can decrease potency. But I read a lot of stuff so who knows what is true these days. Cheers buddy.

:roorrip:

Mornin Noob, thanks brotha....ya with the drying ....here's the thing bud.....Three things degrade THC ,....heat, light , and air,..period! There are a few different ways people try but for the easiest and best (IMO) method....hang the branches (already manicured) from strings in a cool (room temps OK), dark room with NO fan running except maybe the exhaust fan/filter (like me) it's always worked best for me with no issues at all. Always have nice buds from the jars after a few weeks .I don't use those Boveda packs but prolly should. The trick when drying/ curing , is to start the cure (jars) when there is still a lil bit of moisture in the buds...just a lil however , as too much will start the mold process quickly and not enough and a proper "cure" will not happen. There has to be just a bit of moisture left in the stems and sticks for a proper cure to happen. I usually hang on the strings for 4-5 days then they get trimmed off the sticks and go into the jars for curing/storage but have to keep an eye on them, opening them up if too much moisture is evident in them. Lots have growers have done it this way only to forget to check them every few days , only to open them a few weeks later to find a big bunch of messy , moldy buds . If you jar them and you suspect a lil too much moisture in them still,...no worries , just leave the lids off for a 1/2 day or so...got it bud! Cheers eh.

I usually hang on the strings for 4-5 days then they get trimmed off the sticks and go into the jars for curing/storage but have to keep an eye on them, opening them up if too much moisture is evident in them.

Pretty much what I do too. Also, once you have the moisture level right and the jars in a cool, dark place to actually cure, try not to open them every other day "just to see how they're doing". I mean, you can check them every cpl days early on to ensure the moisture content isn't too high, but constantly opening and airing them out can greatly slow the curing process. You want a little moisture, and you want it sealed so the chemical process of curing can actually take place.

:cool:

Hey Duggan! There is another brix guy who has some questions that I can't answer. He'll I can't even $hit brix, let alone give advice. Thought maybe you could help. Experienced Grower Needs Help? there is his link. And thanks in advance!

I checked out the link Canna...

He's not in Hi-Brix soil. He's using ProMix HP and some brand of liquid nutrients and foliars. He's trying to PH his soil and got the rake. :rofl:

Unfortunately I don't know anything about what he is trying to do to be of any help. None of us that grow in Hi-Brix soil concern ourselves with soil/nutrient PH.

Duggan is perty darn smart though, just look at what he harvested :drool:... Maybe if he takes a look he can figure out what this person is doing wrong.

Hey everyone....what ya waiting for...come one...come all, over to my new journal. Can't post link....old school with PC's. Duhhh!! "duggan Does Lilly and Laniakea with ........" Cheers gang, gotta close this baby out now....you are all expected , wanted and needed at my new place....:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Mods , please move this journal now....it's done! Much thanks to everyone at 420 Mag. and to all my "brothas and sistas" for hangin together a while!:bravo::420:

Hey everyone....what ya waiting for...come one...come all, over to my new journal. Can't post link....old school with PC's. Duhhh!! "duggan Does Lilly and Laniakea with ........" Cheers gang, gotta close this baby out now....you are all expected , wanted and needed at my new place....:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Mods , please move this journal now....it's done! Much thanks to everyone at 420 Mag. and to all my "brothas and sistas" for hangin together a while!:bravo::420:

The link to the new journal.

Duggan does Lilly and Laniakea with DBHBB, one "Kit", two pots, four plants.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Crap, wrong journal - nebbermind.

:rofl: :rofl:

Sometimes we think we're the only one who does these things. Hahaha! Thank you for the belly laugh Gray. :kisstwo: :laughtwo:

All Aboard ..... Please take your seats and place them in the upright position,
Please remain in your seats until the fasten seat belt light has gone out

Enjoy your flight

EDIT: For Enjoy your Flight instead of Enjoy your Fight :smokin:

doing ten gallon with 4 week veg or 12inches" high when flower flip - 121/12 (read some thing about a 13/11 cycle for this plant) doing 2- 300 wt LED's and sidelighting pannels (45 watt) have heard that using just the blue spectrum for the last 3 days before harvest really, really help in terpene production it increase due t spectrum -

Hey Safe...glad you chose the #10's. I'm a big believer in lots of soil for our passion. Yes , this is what i do ,
My veg cycle is 16/8,(best cycle for veg....no need for 18/6!!!) my bloom cycle starts at 12/12 for a few weeks , then i reduce it to 11/13 for the duration, sometimes even reducing it more after that, to 10/14, depending on timing. I run my little system at night, ..when it's cooler and electricity is cheaper , during 'off peak' hours. I also like them on then (4pm to 8 am veg.....4 pm to 4 am etc...for bloom) because i'm home,..to keep an eye on things. Better than having everything running while at work. That never appealed to me. Not very smart.
Enjoy your night Safe...gotta fly , suppers cooked.....Cheers.

thanks a bunch !!!! have read that plant really doesn't rigger flower till 13 -14.5hr dark times and have found when using this flower light - it shorten flower time by one week// When growing the Sativa's light schedules are important. the reason for starting out with those times is that it triggers flower (ref:Kevin Jodey -Wonderland Nursery) will use this schedule for Zamal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for for yourkowledge

Mornin Noob, thanks brotha....ya with the drying ....here's the thing bud.....Three things degrade THC ,....heat, light , and air,..period! There are a few different ways people try but for the easiest and best (IMO) method....hang the branches (already manicured) from strings in a cool (room temps OK), dark room with NO fan running except maybe the exhaust fan/filter (like me) it's always worked best for me with no issues at all. Always have nice buds from the jars after a few weeks .I don't use those Boveda packs but prolly should. The trick when drying/ curing , is to start the cure (jars) when there is still a lil bit of moisture in the buds...just a lil however , as too much will start the mold process quickly and not enough and a proper "cure" will not happen. There has to be just a bit of moisture left in the stems and sticks for a proper cure to happen. I usually hang on the strings for 4-5 days then they get trimmed off the sticks and go into the jars for curing/storage but have to keep an eye on them, opening them up if too much moisture is evident in them. Lots have growers have done it this way only to forget to check them every few days , only to open them a few weeks later to find a big bunch of messy , moldy buds . If you jar them and you suspect a lil too much moisture in them still,...no worries , just leave the lids off for a 1/2 day or so...got it bud! Cheers eh.
:nomo:

Back
Top Bottom