Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

OK ya'all, Are you ready to start growing ? Guess you wouldn't be riding the 420 Mag train if you weren't. Anyway, I'm going to keep this real simple while providing pics & details from start to finish. I'll be posting & adding pics throughout the day.
Today I'll be putting up the tent & all the necessary equipment. It's just a small 3' x 3' x 6' tent & I'm only doing 1 plant (Peyote Wi-Fi).
I'll be assembling the tent in a few minutes so I'll add pics. Hopefully this little grow will help some of the new guys out. My average is 9 oz. per plant; but I'm shooting for a 12 oz. grow this time & I'll be cloning along the way for those interested in that. I'm looking to grow this plant in the same manner I grew this one.

If I happen to run into issues somewhere or are unable to answer your question I do know the right people to call on for the correct answer.
So I'll see you all soon as I get this tent up & we'll get Rockin'.
That plant is absolutely gorgeous.

definitely an indica GG. i got one heavy indica GG leaner and one heavy sativa leaner. couldn't be further from each other.

you and i made bubble cloners from the same tupperware .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

are you just running airstones in there ? i have a couple decent sized air pumps but am still not impressed with the delivery. was musing about just running the hoses as an experiment.

might put together a spray cloner sometime as i have most of the bits.

definitely an indica GG. i got one heavy indica GG leaner and one heavy sativa leaner. couldn't be further from each other.

you and i made bubble cloners from the same tupperware .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

are you just running airstones in there ? i have a couple decent sized air pumps but am still not impressed with the delivery. was musing about just running the hoses as an experiment.

might put together a spray cloner sometime as i have most of the bits.
I'm just using a cheap $10 Walmart Air Pump (2 outlet) & 2 of the small round air stones. Not a ton of bubbles but it seems to do OK. It has 8 sites & all 8 rooted.

I grew the Gorilla Girl once before. Still had a seed left so figured I'd use it. Got to narrow down my choices as I have a hard time deciding which of my seeds to grow. I have about 10 different kinds. Wish I had room to do 1 of each at the same time.

I'm now about 80% convinced it was the light causing slow growth. They seem to be taking off now. I actually had to put both lights on about 65% - 70% as it was too bright & the leaves started Taco-ing & twisting sideways. All better now.

The clones are doing excellent. I put 1 of them in a Solo Cup this morning to see how she does. There's about 3 more with roots like this one so if she looks well tomorrow I'll put those in Solo cups as well.
9-446.JPG
9-447.JPG
9-448.JPG

Got the Shed / Flower Room as done as I can get (other then cleaning it) until the Bulbs, Timers & Cords come in. I fed this morning so it will take 3 - 5 days for the Wi Fi to dry enough to carry it back out there anyway.
A few pics of the Flower Room.

9-449.JPG
9-450.JPG
9-451.JPG
9-452.JPG
9-453.JPG
9-454.JPG

@MochaBud , does this look OK for an HPS set - up ? Both are 1000 watt with 50 - 75 - 100 & Super settings.
Looks awesome brotha :high-five: only things I'd change :hmmmm: is the filter would go outside of the room, so hot air didn't recirculate :hmmmm: and I'd cut a piece of old tire or something to mount that ballast to the wall...less vibration noise :thumb:

Looks awesome brotha :high-five: only things I'd change :hmmmm: is the filter would go outside of the room, so hot air didn't recirculate :hmmmm: and I'd cut a piece of old tire or something to mount that ballast to the wall...less vibration noise :thumb:
I have a 6" Fan & Filter above the lights to exhaust hot air out. The 4" fan & filter in the corner brings outside air in.
I didn't notice any vibration when I tested the lights; but I wasn't really paying attention to that. Just was making sure things worked. I'll check that today. Thanks for the heads up.
Hmmm, I wonder if my ballasts touch the wall. They are hanging on hooks, so maybe not & that's why I didn't notice vibration. Got to go check it out now. Need to set my timers on 12/12 & do a 24 hour test run to check temps & humidity tonight before I put the plants in there.
Today, well I get to help a buddy set up a 4 x 8 tent since he wants to try growing again. His last set up was a disaster & I wont even say how bad his grows were. Gave him plants that were already making buds & he killed them if that tells you anything. lol. Maybe he'll listen this time ?

You know, I'm kind of surprised more beginners haven't visited this thread yet. I do understand it though. I'm sure, like myself, nobody wants to spend time reading during their 1st grow. They just want to get growing .... & then they run into a problem instead of learning how not to get the problem in the 1st place.
I'm no Master Grower (maybe intermediate); but I know enough to get beginners off to a real good start without a lot of issues. I can give a lot of the basics & then they just have to perfect their growing technique.
I'm only doing 1 more grow journal after this one & I'm done with journaling for a while. Still going to grow. Just not do journals.
I sure hope to get a lot of views when I do the "All I want for X-Mas is: MARS HYDRO" journal. It will be a sponsored grow & I bought 90% new equipment just for this journal. May as well make my last journal the best I can before I start concentrating on moving up to the next grow level.
I’m here Buddy, found you months later and really enjoying it as setting up my grow room for the first time

I put the Peyote Wi Fi in the Shed tonight. She's on 12/12 now. The 1st 3 days I'm only giving her 50% light so 500 watts.
Only using 1 light till I move more plants out there. After a few days I'll bump the light up to 75% & see how things look.
I'll get pics sometime tonight as I plan to check things every couple of hours to see how my temps & RH are.

The 5 x 5 looks so empty now. I took 6 of the Clones to my buddy's house today when I helped set up his tent. So they are gone & the Wi Fi is moved out so looks pretty bare. Wont be long & there will be 5 - 6 more in there. Gotta keep rollin'.

Did my 1st check of the night. Temps too high at 86 F. RH at 28%. So I turned Exhaust & Intake Fans on set at Med. So far it brought temps down to 79 F & 32 % RH. Do another check in a couple hours. Looks like I just have to get Intake & Exhaust dialed in better & all should be good to go.

1) Well with Intake & Exhaust on it gets too cold & the heater kicks on. Got down to 66 F. So I turned the Intake on low & the exhaust on high.
Check again in a couple hours.

2) 4 am check & with Intake Off & Exhaust on 3/4 fan speed the room is ranging from 66 F - 70 F. But the Heater still has to kick on to do it.
I'm looking to get the Light to reach a Temp of about 75 - 77 F without Intake or the Heater. Then adjust the Intake Air to a speed just enough to lower temps to about 70 F.
I'll get there. Getting closer, little by little.

I put the Peyote Wi Fi in the Shed tonight. She's on 12/12 now. The 1st 3 days I'm only giving her 50% light so 500 watts.
Only using 1 light till I move more plants out there. After a few days I'll bump the light up to 75% & see how things look.
I'll get pics sometime tonight as I plan to check things every couple of hours to see how my temps & RH are.

The 5 x 5 looks so empty now. I took 6 of the Clones to my buddy's house today when I helped set up his tent. So they are gone & the Wi Fi is moved out so looks pretty bare. Wont be long & there will be 5 - 6 more in there. Gotta keep rollin'.
Lightimg queation. I recently got a 1000w light recently and it says it cover 3x3 area. How mamy plants could I fit under that one light?

Lightimg queation. I recently got a 1000w light recently and it says it cover 3x3 area. How mamy plants could I fit under that one light?
Does it actually pull 1000 watts or is that the HID equivalent rating ? There's usually a tag somewhere on the light that says the actual power draw. My TSW 2000 actually pulls 300 watts & the TS 3000 pulls 450 watts. Most the LED advertised watts are actually HID equivalent ratings & they pull less power. I'm guessing your light is about 300 watts.
That's perfect for a 3 x 3. You can do 1 very nice size plant up to 4 small plants or 30 or so SOG plants where you veg about 2 weeks & flip to flower. If you are doing an Auto I'd only do 1 because you have no control over it's timeline. All you can do is LST the whole time to get her big & bushy for lots of good bud.

Been doing a lot of running the past 2 days so sorry I haven't posted the pics. I'll do that now.
So far I've got the Flower room to stay with a low of 66 (lights off & a high of 72 lights on) just using the exhaust only on just under medium speed. So I lowered the speed just a hair more to see if I can get the Temps up 2 - 3 degrees more.
I have the small 1 gal. humidifier running in there & so far it's staying 25% - 35% so it's in a good Flower range.
Couple pics of the Wi Fi in the flower room.

9-506.JPG
9-507.JPG

The tent less then 48 hours ago.

9-499.JPG

The Tent now. Looking kind of bare in there.

9-505.JPG
9-504.JPG

I only have 3 of the Clones left & they are doing great. Already seeing side roots. The other 6 Clones went to a friend.
The 6 Cherry on top plants should come up in the next 1 - 3 days.

9-501.JPG
9-502.JPG
9-503.JPG

Back
Top Bottom