Concentrate Corner: Concentrating cannabis for combustion

I mostly only dab and I am a huge supporter of work smarter, not harder. I was thinking of doing a dry ice shake on the plant material to get kief and then press that. But Is the dry ice not good on the trics? I don't want to waste material either. So much to learn!

Dry ice works awesome. Do it only until you get some beige then sweep that up. Then continue until some plant matter comes through. That first pile will be white or purple or pink if you have some colour going.

Lost Coast OG. 15.6 grams of killer trim. Into the sweetest 1.9 grams of rosin. Not sure on second press weight got smoking on the first press and forgot.
420-magazine-mobile1804216510.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1390252496.jpg
420-magazine-mobile168250957.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2046784551.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2136840895.jpg
420-magazine-mobile561617308.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2090000045.jpg

Beautiful press there dabby! Wow. I can only imagine the flavor that dab packs

Dry ice works awesome. Do it only until you get some beige then sweep that up. Then continue until some plant matter comes through. That first pile will be white or purple or pink if you have some colour going.

Hey Dabby, I was watching the video you posted. Do you have to use a hydraulic press? I'm guessing the hot plates are a necessity, you said something about bacon...

I have seen a version that uses a vice grip with plates. You need something to exert 3-4 tons of pressure.
So how do we do this with a hair straightener? Can you drop some knowledge dabby?

So how do we do this with a hair straightener? Can you drop some knowledge dabby?

I would buy pressure grip but if budget is and issue. Take a piece of thick wood. Cutting board or 2x4 piece. Place on floor. Get straight we that has a dial for heat control. Revlon makes a maroon coloured one that works good and has wider plates. I believe about 30.00cdn. Bag your trim or kief buds whatever in a rosin bag. Once again if budget good non bleached Coffe filters work just great. Make the bag just smaller than the surface of the plates. You want the rosin to spill off the plates quickly so not to kill the terps. If you squishing nugs you can just throw the big in the parchment paper without bag or filter. May have to pick a couple pieces of leaf out though. Dense tight nugs though usually no problem. Play with the temp on the straightener a bit when you first get it but usually right around the max is where you want it. Once you are ready to press then turn the straightener on. Otherwise it will get too hot for your hands. Once it is hot to the touch. I mean put your finger on it and should be like 1 second until you are like too hot to keep touching. Wood on floor bag or bud inside a piece of parchment paper on top of straightener you need something for the heat at least. Dab mat or oven mit. Personally I feel dab mat with piece of 2x4 works best on top. You can get more pressure that way.

Concentrated enough for you all? This is my preffered way of dealing with the leftovers after trimming. Always loved some good hash. These were done with bubble bags
C
de0f4ed7159061e3c50cfbcd4075cccb.jpg

Just wanted to share a link to my buddy grandpa tokin's concentrate tutorial. It's very well written and includes helpful pictorials for those looking to safely extract goodness from their plants.

Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

I have some shatter (yes the dangerous kind) finishing up now. No I cannot share the details as it is against 420 policy, and I greatly respect their Authorit-ayyyy! But am happy yo share some pictures of the finished product as well as a brief smoke report.... stay tuned!

So, I'm very new to concentrates. Literally waiting for my first nail to show up so I can chief down this booger I just pressed out.
I took a large mason jar of trim (minus big leaves) and popcorn nugs from 2 Blueberry plants I just harvested. Added dry ice and an agitating ball from a shaker cup and shook the shit out of it through a filter. Not a bad pile of kief...

I add about a spoonful to an empty tea bag then press in my bench vice between 2 steel plates while running a heat gun over everything.

I pulled a chunk about the size of a penny.
Not bad for a first run, but I definitely plan on perfecting a method to do this better.

Sounds great! @Preston9mm I may have to steal the kief collection idea! My neighbor arctic bowl is itching to try a moon rock so I told him we would make some. I'm wondering if he has a press now that I think of it....

The pictures I promised....

Taste is pretty amazing! Very upbeat and clear headed high for a 75% Indica strain. I believe the pheno is one of the sativa dominant ones, so this may have contributed.

The vape bros pen really allows me to taste the full terp profile and is really a remarkable product itnwould suggest to any dabber on the go!

The Indica pheno, nicknamed Gloria, will be processed next. So I am excited to try the different phenos against each other.

Happy dabbing everyone!

Back
Top Bottom