Confusion in the grow rooms

Gabby987

I was wandering if anyone has any suggestions on keeping records of watering and nutrients.
I have an app called Jane, it's pretty good, but it only allows 12 plants without a subscription.
I am curious to know what other people do.
I was planning to keep a schedule, but the girls had other plans. They are hungry and thirsty at different times.

I'm not sure how much I can help, but how many plants will kinda dictate a bit on options? (So I'd assume).

How many do you have? There are plenty of different sized grows on the forum, so it'll give a better idea on whom to ask.

I was wandering if anyone has any suggestions on keeping records of watering and nutrients.
I have an app called Jane, it's pretty good, but it only allows 12 plants without a subscription.
I am curious to know what other people do.
I was planning to keep a schedule, but the girls had other plans. They are hungry and thirsty at different times.
I use google calendar to keep track of events in my grow rooms. My notations tell me the age of each plant, when I watered last and when I project my next feeding to be. If I do something special to any of the plants, it is also noted here. With a glance I can tell exactly what is going on in any of my 3 grow rooms.
1611035623238.png

I'm not sure how much I can help, but how many plants will kinda dictate a bit on options? (So I'd assume).

How many do you have? There are plenty of different sized grows on the forum, so it'll give a better idea on whom to ask.
Thank you for your reply. I have 21 plants at the moment in different stages. I have a flower room, veg room, and clone and seedling closet.
It was not my intention originally to have that many, but I have been learning and experimenting with cloning, re vegging, and different stiles of training.
The result: a jungle in the basement.

Thank you for your reply. I have 21 plants at the moment in different stages. I have a flower room, veg room, and clone and seedling closet.
It was not my intention originally to have that many, but I have been learning and experimenting with cloning, re vegging, and different stiles of training.
The result: a jungle in the basement.
Awesome! I don't have the grow space, or head space for that many :rofl:

@The Happy One has quite the setup, and might be able to give some advice

I use google calendar to keep track of events in my grow rooms. My notations tell me the age of each plant, when I watered last and when I project my next feeding to be. If I do something special to any of the plants, it is also noted here. With a glance I can tell exactly what is going on in any of my 3 grow rooms.
1611035623238.png

Hello Emilya,
Thank you for the suggestion.
The App is good because it allowed me to upload photos of the plants at different stages with commentary.
The Google calendar sounds like the way to go. Do you upload images in there as well?
By the way, you are the reason I have this many plants. Lol
Your tutorial on watering potted plants is amazing. Also, per your suggestion, I Ph the nutes solution after mixing. This has made a huge difference. The manufacturer said it was not necessary, but in my first grow I had all kind of issues.
Thank you

Awesome! I don't have the grow space, or head space for that many :rofl:

@The Happy One has quite the setup, and might be able to give some advice
Thank you, I have been home since the pandemic started. Ended up with a lot of plants and two chickens.
I have way too much weed and eggs.
I guess it's a nice problem to have.

Thank you, I have been home since the pandemic started. Ended up with a lot of plants and two chickens.
I have way too much weed and eggs.
I guess it's a nice problem to have.
No worries, have patience and eventually you'll have some options to pick through for recording your feedings.

There certainly are worse problems, I'm going to be moving soon, and adding some chickens & extra plants into my routines....so hopefully I'll have similar issues :high-five:

No worries, have patience and eventually you'll have some options to pick through for recording your feedings.

There certainly are worse problems, I'm going to be moving soon, and adding some chickens & extra plants into my routines....so hopefully I'll have similar issues :high-five:
Good luck with the move.
Chickens are fun, but also a learning curve. My only advice for the chickens is: get a bigger coup than you think you need. Mine turned into a series of remodels, the girl's grew just like weed, nice and plump.
Happy farming

I have a ten year gardeners almanac from Lee Valley tools that I used to write in. I’d just jot down the info for each weekly feeding- what plants got what strength and any unusual tweaks to the mix.
I hardly ever went back to read the info but the times I had to it was really good to have.

But at that time I was usually running 16+ different strains. Now I’m usually growing less than 8 or so and am more used to my so-called system so I just go by feel mainly and don’t bother writing much down.
I may make a note or two in my 420 journal if it’s important.

I usually have a note detailing my latest nutrient mix concoction tacked to the wall.

There are various apps, but as you experienced, the ones I got wanted me to sign in online and I don’t like that idea.

ran a bit over 200 plants with a friend. multiple strains indica / sativa / hybrid. we wrote nothing down. on purpose. back in the dark ages the records alone could add up to five yrs more if you got scuppered on the wrong side of the tracks.

I remember feeling that way too, but I kept my journal, which was just a bunch of indecipherable numbers anyway, and everything else incriminating, in my grow. I figured if they got that far I was already fucked anyway....

I remember when I got the g**wbuddy app and realized they wanted me to sign in online just to use it. This in an app where I intended to enter all the daily info about my illegal grow. WTF!

In the old days who would have ever even imagined that anyone would be stupid enough to do something like that? Putting all your personal info online- what a stupid idea.
Times change I guess.

I remember feeling that way too, but I kept my journal, which was just a bunch of indecipherable numbers anyway, and everything else incriminating, in my grow. I figured if they got that far I was already fucked anyway....

I remember when I got the g**wbuddy app and realized they wanted me to sign in online just to use it. This in an app where I intended to enter all the daily info about my illegal grow. WTF!

In the old days who would have ever even imagined that anyone would be stupid enough to do something like that? Putting all your personal info online- what a stupid idea.
Times change I guess.

i still don't write stuff down to this day. had a family member get run over hard on this issue. went from less than 2yrs misdemeanor to hard fed time just because of the notes alone. it doesn't have to be understandable to the court either, only present. it proves a criminal organisation or enterprise, making it a federal crime instantly. works quite similar in the non legal US states as well.

I pity the fool who’d ever have to read through my notes.
What about criminal disorganization. Is that punishable.....:hmmmm:

my cousins were in code too. it proved he was in a criminal enterprise or organization. they never figured them out, nor did they care. he was convicted on the fact they existed at all. same as you'd be.

no notes are the only safe notes.

edit: it might have actually been worse because they were in code.

Back
Top Bottom