Conquer's Lavender Grow 2010!

Question:

Does transplanting to a bigger pot help to stimulate faster growth, or does it just help facilitate bigger growth??

The reason is that I was planning on transplanting into 6gal pots about two weeks before flower...which will be in about two weeks. But, if the plants will have a faster growth rate in a bigger pot, I will transplant them sooner, so they have longer in the 6gal pots before I switch to 12/12. I want them to get as BIG as possible during this two month veg before I switch to flower.

Any feedback is welcome!

Thanks Ab,

I transplanted from plastic dixie cups into 2gal buckets two weeks ago, and literally a week after the transplant I could see roots poking out of the holes in the 2gal buckets already. I think in the next couple days (5 wks old) I will put them in the 6gal buckets and see what happens. The best way to learn is to do it...I think! ;)

hey,

I went out and got a Can Filter today. I've only been running my exhaust fan for 15mins at 1hour intervals to keep the heat in the tent...but damn my garage smells skunky! This should take care of that.
I'll try to give a pic update tomorrow after I install it.

Kali,

Good to hear! I love purple!! How early did it start showing?

FYI: I entered the March Plant of the Month Contest. I didn't know this site did contests! I had to enter, so I posted a pic from my Purple Monkey Balls grow. I don't really think I have a chance at winning because ALL the other plants look more awesome than mine...but it's all in good fun anyway!
Go to the contest forum and take a look if you get a chance!

Update!

Ok,so here are just a few pics I took earlier today. I got the carbon filter up. I transplanted the babies into their new 6gal pots. And, I think I have proof of my first female!!:cheer: Pics below...

New carbon filter...garage is now odorless.
CanonRebel_062.PNG

In their new 6gal pots
CanonRebel_064.PNG

And..If you look verrry closely, you can see two litltle pistils. I have a girl!!
CanonRebel_0582.PNG

Be back soon for another update

Nice little set up there amigo, nice n tidy. count me in.

The lst doesnt seem to be bending them over very much, is it working well do you think?

:thumb:

Thanks guys!

Greenthumb: Those are some juicy looking purple buds! Congrats!! How do they taste??

3Lions: Thanks brother! The LST is working very well. They are bent to about half the height of what they would be without the lst. So far they're each putting out about 8+ solid tops instead of the 1 they woulda. As the new tops start getting taller, I plan on pulling them out toward the perimeter so the plants get wider and bushier. I'll take some better pics of the lst in the next few days to give you guys a looksie!

Cool man, look forward to them. How old/tall where they when you started the lst?

Im not that height restricted really and am just thinking ahead as to whether to fim, crop, lst, do nothing or a combination of all the above :)

:thumb:

They were about 7-9" when I bent them. I'm not very height restricted either, but I like lst because it definitely promotes more buds. I've never tried cropping or fim, so I'm not sure how each method compares as far as yield...but I prefer the lst, because I can't bring myself to cut my healthy plants.

Yea, well props to you for the experimentation! I am a little chicken to do any real experimenting until I get a few more grows under my belt and know more about how things grow with my setup.

Looking good man. You going to take that stuff to the Lavender festival in Sequim?
Lavender Festival in Sequim Washington
No, seriously though, I am interested in this one. From what I've read it's some tasty/pretty bud.

Hah! The wife and I were talking about checking out that festival this year! I may just have to bring some along for irony's sake!

I am very excited to see how it turns out too. I had the pleasure of trying some a few weeks ago and it was excellent...Tight compact rocky buds, a spicy sweet taste, and a clear relaxing high...everything I like!:yummy:

:peace:

Update!

Ok, so I've positively identified 3 of the 4 bagseeds as FEMALE!! :bravo:
And it looks like the 4th will be female as well...which would be a nice surprise to have a 100% girl outcome! They look to be loving their new 6gal pots and LST, rewarding me with very noticeable growth everyday since the transplant.

In the next few days I plan on taking just a few clones from them. They seem to be of good genetic makeup, so I want to continue working with this mystery strain in the future...especially if they finish well!

As for the lonely Lavender...she's doing well. On day 15 as of today, and her funky growth is giving way to more normal new growth and leaf structure. I can't wait until it hits the first real growth-spurt and starts packing on some vegetation!

Group shot
CanonRebel_0583.PNG

Aerial shot. The lst seems to be working well.
CanonRebel_0591.PNG

My lonely Lavender. Looking less scraggly every day!
CanonRebel_0601.PNG

Anyway, that's it for now...Until I document the taking of clones in the next couple days.

Alohaz!!

Back
Top Bottom