Conquer's Lavender Grow 2010!

Took 4 clones of the bagseed this morning. Didn't have any rooting hormone, so I used organic honey...I've read that it works. I guess we'll find out!

I'll try to get some pics up later.

Anyone know any strains that start turning purple while in veg??

One of my bagseed plants is starting to purple on the new fan leaves. It would be nice to know what strains have this trait so that I can narrow down what they might be.

Phosporous deficiencies are distinct. Purple stems, leaf stems, leaf veins and stunted growth are a sure sign of a Phosphorous deficiency. Leaves will also tend to be smaller and dark green, and may or may not include necrotic patches. Bud size will be smaller and underdeveloped, as will the root mass

Thanks 3Lions,

It isn't a phosporous issue...the stems and leaf veins are their usual healthy green color still. But the new growth fan leaves are starting to turn a nice shade of purple. I'll try to take a picture for you to take a look.

Does anyone know what strains start to turn purple while still in veg??

Here's the purple leaves...

CanonRebel_084.PNG

CanonRebel_085.PNG

The clones are doing well so far...even though it's only been a day and a half since cutting them. No wilting or drooping. Looking very healthy. I'll be stoked if honey does the trick!

Ohh, And I got another of the bunk Lavender seeds to sprout...pics of the new baby soon!

Update!

The bagseed girls are on day 40 of veg and looking great. I plan to let them veg for another week...possibly two before I switch to flower mode.

Also, the Lavender is no longer lonely! I was able to get 2 more of the bunk seeds to sprout, but one of the new sprouts is very weak and might not make it.

And...the clones I took are still kickin. It's been 4 days since cutting and they are showing a little droopiness and yellowing, so I hope they can last long enough to take root. Any tips or advise is very welcome!!

pics:

the group: 4 bagseed at dat 40, 3 Lavender, 1 at 19 days, 2 new sprouts
CanonRebel_087.PNG

From the top
CanonRebel_086.PNG

two new Lavender sprouts!
CanonRebel1_085.PNG

Clones taken 4 days ago...hangin in there
CanonRebel_089.PNG

:thumb:

Thanks 3Lions!! I've concluded that the purpling of the leaves is a genetic trait and not a sign of unhealthiness or deficiency with the plant.

Thanks. yeah, I totally got weak seeds. I will NEVER buy seeds again from bcseeds!

Yea, it's the one in the back corner. I'll take pics of that one next time around

Thanks 3Lions!! I've concluded that the purpling of the leaves is a genetic trait and not a sign of unhealthiness or deficiency with the plant

Yeahh dude I know, I meant liek have you figured out what strain it is?

Yeahh dude I know, I meant liek have you figured out what strain it is?

Nah, I might be able to make a better guess after it finishes. Maybe it will just remain the Mystery Strain!

Back
Top Bottom