Conquer's Lavender Grow 2010!

Thanks 3Lions! I marked your guess down. Hopefully some other people will chime in with some guesses too...help narrow down the search!

There is also Butchers award winner, the buba kush

moma_3.jpg

Quick update:

Here they are...4 bagseed at exactly 6weeks, and my lavender is at exactly 3 weeks. There is not much else to report except that they are all growing great!

I am deciding on whether to wait the 2 more weeks to start flowering, or if I should jump the gun and go a week earlier...a week from today. Hmmm!? decisions decisions!

pics:

the group
IMG_4103.PNG

closer up
IMG_4110.PNG

From the underside
IMG_4108.PNG

...And the Lavender
IMG_4109.PNG

10 days sounds perfect

:thumb:

Next Friday it is!

Now my dilemma will be finding a new veg spot for the Lavenders and clones when I switch the tent into flower mode. I got 10 days to figure it out!

Moved the light up today...the plants just about grew into the light since yesterday!

hey they looking good, but I thought you wanted alittle bigger plants. They look like they will probley grow to about 3 1/2- 4 ft tall at finish time. just a thought. GL in your grow I'm intrested myself in that lavender. I've thought about trying that myself. Which supplier did the stock come from?

norcali,

Thanks for the good wishes brotha! I know I said I wanted t get some biggies, but I'm also chomping at the bit to get em flowering. They will be just about 8 weeks veg when I switch them...so I can make an adjustment on the next crop if I want to go bigger or smaller.
I got the Lavender seeds from bcseeds.com. I will never purchase seeds from them again though...poor seed quality, and shitty customer service. They blamed my germination technique rather than admit that they sent me bunk seeds. Oh well, live and learn.
Anyway, even though it started rough, I sure hope the genetics are decent. I've been wanting to grow Lavender for awhile now.

Keep checking back to see how it finishes!

Question: What's your overall impression of the T5s? I'm planning ahead for my next grow and wondering if I should make the jump from CFLs to a high watt MH/HPS convertable or go with a setup similar to yours.

HB,

The T5's are great! I'm using a 8 tube 432watt from Hydrofarm. I put the 6500k tubes in there for veg...but you can run 2500k tubes or mix and match the two for a fuller spectrum. They are brighter than sh!t, the plants love it!
I've never flowered with it. I use it for veg, then switch to a 600w HPS for flower, but I'd imagine you could get some decent buds from it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it as an upgrade from CFL's. Relatively cheap and worth the $$.

Thanks for stoppin by. Check back soon!

They blamed my germination technique rather than admit that they sent me bunk seeds. Oh well, live and learn.

They might have a point tho perhaps? paper towel method isnt the best way to germinate as you are risking damage this way. Straight into soil is the best method and maybe this is the way they suggest.

They might have a point tho perhaps? paper towel method isnt the best way to germinate as you are risking damage this way. Straight into soil is the best method and maybe this is the way they suggest.

True, true...but I have a verrry good germination ratio with the paper towel method. And never had one die from damage from transplant. I sincerely believe that they sent me weak seeds. Like I said, Live and learn. I will just try a different company next time.

I am with Conquering, I have done the paper towel method since the first time I grew a plant and never had bad success. Those seeds were green and that is definite fault of the supplier. A healthy strong seed will be brown with strips on it which those seeds did not, they weren't even dark in color. I am sorry, I just disagree with the seed company blaming it on the germination technique.

Either way, at least I got 3 to sprout. I will definitely be taking plenty clones from them!

Just a quick update,

The clones are starting to show signs of taking root! Using honey may actually work! I'll try to post some pics in the next day or two.

Happy Easter everyone! :thumb:

Sounds like what Amsterdamn Seed did to me I won't buy there ever again. I got some lowrider from them which 3 months later I had to force flower. They blamed it on low light. I had a 250 Watt in a 2'X4' clone tent. Then they agreed to send some lowrider seed if I ordered again. Well I did, and that time I got lowrider. They also give ya 20 freebies per order. I will never plant another of those seeds. No telling what they are and everyone I did grow was a pitiful plant. I use the top of my TV with a china plate and plastic wrap to germante. I also lay some newspaper on top to keep the lite out and heat in. Works for me. They usally crack over nite if good viable seed stock. BC is costy from what I see. I wood like to be one of them top dollor seed to see if it is what they say 45% thc? WTF I think I'd die of a overdose. Keep it green

I use the top of my TV with a china plate and plastic wrap to germante. I also lay some newspaper on top to keep the lite out and heat in. Works for me.

Any children reading this, please don't keep anything with moisture in it near a tv set! lol Just stick the seeds in soil.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom