2013-11-04_15_49_22.jpg
2014-01-04_20_09_23.jpg

2013-11-16_09_59_41.jpg
2014-01-04_20_04_11.jpg

2013-11-16_10_00_05.jpg
2014-01-04_20_06_25.jpg

2013-11-16_10_01_37.jpg
2014-01-04_20_08_27.jpg

A harvest flush is different then flushing for either a nutrient salt buildup or to correct a nutrient deficiency due to pH imbalance in the soil. For a harvest flush you simply feed either pH adjusted water or pH adjusted water and a flushing agent, unsulfered molasses can be used as a flushing agent at 1-2 tablespoons per gallon.

here is a youtube search for making hash

https://www.youtube.com making hash

Cheers king, why would u use molasses as a flushing agent?? It seems a strange thing to use unless it adds a sweet taste to the bud, I'm just using water Ph to 6.5 same as their nutes feed was, I'm only preparing 1 plant for harvest as others still are wks away but the one I have chosen is budding lovely and tric s are now 90/10 cloudy And a few ambers coming in, still think dry weight will be around an oz of the girl but a finished plant is worth more in experience than big yields at the mo for me, the temptation to pinch a taster bud is hard to control I am sitting on my hands to stop myself lol

Molasses has 4 uses as a flushing agent.

1) A low ppm solution is superior for flushing salts from the growing media
2) Using molasses as a flushing agent also provides some nutrients for the buds to keep growing
3) Molasses provides simple sugars that are easy for the plant to convert to glucose
4) Molasses is a popular addative in comercial sweetening addatives for bud development and harvest flushing

new toy has arrived my pollen press, and a quick shot of my loupe as its 30x and 60x mag so i have a very good view of the trics and can see the cloudy to amber perfectly
2014-01-11_11_35_40.jpg

Hey mono, cheers for dropping by I see we have grown the same plant iced grapefruit can I ask how you found it, cause mine is stunted compared to the other girls, is she a small plant or is it due to the early stress I put her under at the beginning?? And how's the end product cause I'm very eager to try the grapefruit sent is truly amazing and I'm looking at chopping her this wkend BUT am considering leaving her IF she has a growth spurt towards the end of flowering she's been in 12/12about 6wks and was in heavy preflower for bout 2-3wks whilst in veg,

To sum it up in one word, Iced Grapefruit is great ;)

It's an indica dominant strain, so she should be smaller and more compact plant. Mine stayed within the 3ft tall mark in the end. That said, it's also quite a decent yielding. I would recommend leaving her to flower for at least eight weeks, although ten weeks would be preferable to allow the buds to fill out as much as possible.

Nice, strong body stone if left until the are some amber trics :)

sweet its not me its the natural hight cool see mines about 3ft and properly same across the plant also, she has real thick buds which are sticky as can be and dusty with trics, see i have 2 in the tent and the ironic thing is the clone is first to flower and looking near finish 90/10 cloudy to amber, she dont seem to be carrying more than an oz (hoping for more) so i was going to chop the clone up and let the others carry on till the end of flowering for 2 reasons really, 1, a good light smoke for work and 2, im egar to try my bud for the first time :tokin:
the 2 grapefruits for u
2014-01-08_20_26_35.jpg

the bottom one is the clone and the 1 i'm tempted to chop
2014-01-08_20_25_15.jpg

thank u i'm proud of them considering i didn't think i would get them this far to begin with, aye thats the plan to have a day smoke and a knockout evening smoke, as for the weight side can i ask what your average is from grapefruit, and do u have any experiance with autos?? see my better half has said i can carry on with my hobbie IF i grow pretty plants so i let her choose 1 and she settled on black cream auto, not my choice of seed but it only comes as a fem auto,

thank u i'm proud of them considering i didn't think i would get them this far to begin with, aye thats the plan to have a day smoke and a knockout evening smoke, as for the weight side can i ask what your average is from grapefruit, and do u have any experiance with autos?? see my better half has said i can carry on with my hobbie IF i grow pretty plants so i let her choose 1 and she settled on black cream auto, not my choice of seed but it only comes as a fem auto,

When I grew the grapefruits I was still very much learning. First time under CFL's I was just under an ounce per plant, under the 600 watt HPS it was closer to three ounces per plant. Dry.

I just grew and harvested my first ever auto flowering cannabis plants over the past 3 months. So yeah, a little experience :)

Any advice for the auto or is she pretty much the same as a normal plant???

For the auto plant her into a 10 litre pot as soon as germinated. And keep on 18/6 all the way through from start to finish.

week 1 - plain water
week 2 - plain water
week 3 - veg nutes
week 4 - veg + flower nutes
week 5 - flower nutes
week 6 - flower nutes...

And so on until flush / harvest.

To maximise the yield I would recommend some form of low stress training. Topping or FIM'ing is up to you. Aim to add two more weeks on top of what the breeder recommend the harvest time as. So if they say 65 days from seed, let the plant go 80 days from seed for best results.

hello people, so tomorrow night is the night that 1 of my beautiful ladies is for the chop she, budded lovely and now is 100% cloudy on all main colas, i have to admit i am very excited to see what my final weight is and how good she tastes, she will be dryed and then store for 2wks in a glass jar before my first smoke and as i smoke a little a day she will carry me whilst the 3 other girls are finished, :slide:

here she is sorry used the pic before but if i go in the tent tonight i will chop her up and im trying to resist till tomorrow
2014-01-08_20_25_15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom