Corytheghost's Soil Bubba Kush Grow Journal: Oct 2020

Cool, I think I'll fill the tray with some water to soak up in the bottom 5-10% and then water from the top and clear the tray. Should work good!
:high-five: perfect!
Bubba Kush is going to be a great smoke bro.
Going to feed these girls with some nutes for the first time. The soil has some ammendments but as you can see, she's telling me by the light green leaves. Might go 3/4 recommended on bottle and she will turn darker green.

As you can see how dry that soil looks in 1 gallon containers. Ill use another tray catcher for a feeding tonight and put her back on these trays so she doesn't sit in standing water/nutes.
20201102_184106.jpg
20201102_184106.jpg

Wont touch them again for another 6 days (usually) at the size.

Wow that is superb. Your plants are so healthy!! Thanks for the advice @Sparkey224

Looks like you are growing an indica as well. What strain are your 2 babies?

I'm worried about the transplant as I can't really cut the bottom off this plastic container I have them in as the plastic is quite durable for an old soap container.

I also was thinking about using a smart pot(fabric container) but I realized that the vacuum of water depleting and pulling air in is very efficient, requires less maintenance(longer between watering periods) and hard to f*** up once you realize how to dry the soil out properly.

Wow that is superb. Your plants are so healthy!! Thanks for the advice @Sparkey224

Looks like you are growing an indica as well. What strain are your 2 babies?

I'm worried about the transplant as I can't really cut the bottom off this plastic container I have them in as the plastic is quite durable for an old soap container.

I also was thinking about using a smart pot(fabric container) but I realized that the vacuum of water depleting and pulling air in is very efficient, requires less maintenance(longer between watering periods) and hard to f*** up once you realize how to dry the soil out properly.
Thanks man, yes those are indica "Boptang" got them as a gift from a buddy breeding. Total fire, his genetics are some of the best ive grown out. Alot better then big seedbanks.
Definitely, go with the fabric pot if you are feeling it. Im here to give you options on personal experiences to see what fits for your setup, all different!
Whatever you decide, go with the biggest container possible for that footprint.
I sill use solo cups to start seeds/clones. Thats going to be a pain in the ass to transplant but heres what you do.
Make sure the soil is wet before transplanting and lightly press down on top of the soil, turn upside down and try to squeeze the sides/bottom until she slides out.

But it looks like you have some time before she needs transplanting. I would hold off until she has a bigger root base to help with the transplant.

Cheers bro, need to make dinner for the wife tonight :high-five:

I'd like to preface this with an apology for the wall of text. :dude-knocking:

I hope you enjoyed your dinner @Sparkey224 and that it was delicious. I've enjoyed the time, nefarious as it may be, that I have had to spend at home and with loved ones. The girlfriend and I are getting pizza tonight because it's 50% off on Mondays at my local Domino's. :theband: lol

To switch gears into my infinitesimal questions about nutrients, water, and soil.

Aside from Calmag and pH up/down, what would you recommend for nutrients. I see people using megacrop, is this something to use in the vegetative state?

What kind of soil are you running at the moment? What kind of composition is it?

I think because my grow tent is only 1.5x1.5x5 I will only grow one plant at a time for now. I want a big pot, I might go for a 3 or even 5 gallon bucket to get a really good and expansive root system going. My biggest worry is not being able to fit the humidifier into the tent with the pot and my thermo/hygrometer. It's absolutely insane how often I am checking and it drops down to 30% RH because the humidifier ran out of juice. I also have to stop using tap water in my humidifier. That's what all that white chalky stuff was. Thankfully it rinsed off of my shittily cut carbon prefilters. Here's what I'm using in the 4 inch duct covers. It adds some back pressure and makes it easier to consistently moderate the temps and humidity manually. Just takes a little manual knob adjusting and a few updates on the app that connects to my Bluetooth thermo/hygrometer to get it sailing for some time.. until the humidifier runs out. debating buying a bunch of gallon containers of distilled water or just buying a machine to do it precisely. Not inclined to set up my own water distillery as my stovetop is magnetic and does weird stuff aside from cooking food..

PXL_20201103_013539980.jpg

I was thinking about making clones from this baby and eventually upgrading my tent size or making a grow closet. I also want to start growing a sativa strain but I really only have space for one plant. Out of my limited legal options I chose Bubba Kush because it looked the most interesting of the lot available. They also had Power Kush, Triple Scoop, and Pink Lemonade. Which does sound good in afterthought but the Bubba Kush had the highest THC content at 180-280 mg/g. I want to succesfully harvest my own plant and have a powerful kush to help me sleep at night. :blunt:

I'd like to preface this with an apology for the wall of text. :dude-knocking:

I hope you enjoyed your dinner @Sparkey224 and that it was delicious. I've enjoyed the time, nefarious as it may be, that I have had to spend at home and with loved ones. The girlfriend and I are getting pizza tonight because it's 50% off on Mondays at my local Domino's. :theband: lol

To switch gears into my infinitesimal questions about nutrients, water, and soil.

Aside from Calmag and pH up/down, what would you recommend for nutrients. I see people using megacrop, is this something to use in the vegetative state?

What kind of soil are you running at the moment? What kind of composition is it?

I think because my grow tent is only 1.5x1.5x5 I will only grow one plant at a time for now. I want a big pot, I might go for a 3 or even 5 gallon bucket to get a really good and expansive root system going. My biggest worry is not being able to fit the humidifier into the tent with the pot and my thermo/hygrometer. It's absolutely insane how often I am checking and it drops down to 30% RH because the humidifier ran out of juice. I also have to stop using tap water in my humidifier. That's what all that white chalky stuff was. Thankfully it rinsed off of my shittily cut carbon prefilters. Here's what I'm using in the 4 inch duct covers. It adds some back pressure and makes it easier to consistently moderate the temps and humidity manually. Just takes a little manual knob adjusting and a few updates on the app that connects to my Bluetooth thermo/hygrometer to get it sailing for some time.. until the humidifier runs out. debating buying a bunch of gallon containers of distilled water or just buying a machine to do it precisely. Not inclined to set up my own water distillery as my stovetop is magnetic and does weird stuff aside from cooking food..
PXL_20201103_013539980.jpg

I was thinking about making clones from this baby and eventually upgrading my tent size or making a grow closet. I also want to start growing a sativa strain but I really only have space for one plant. Out of my limited legal options I chose Bubba Kush because it looked the most interesting of the lot available. They also had Power Kush, Triple Scoop, and Pink Lemonade. Which does sound good in afterthought but the Bubba Kush had the highest THC content at 180-280 mg/g. I want to succesfully harvest my own plant and have a powerful kush to help me sleep at night. :blunt:
Pizza sounds great man :high-five:

Pot size : go with 5 gallon. Bigger roots bigger fruits. Might as well maximize that footprint, right? Plus, when the plant gets bigger the humidity is naturally going up-good thing depending on the current RH. Also, the bigger pot will grow faster in Veg too. So, you save time using the 5 gal instead of the 3gal and bigger buds.

Im using a high brix nutrient. Its a combo of organic soil and feeding with organic liquid nutrients 3part. So, really no need for me to ever PH. I quit using all my gadgets/pens/probes..etc going organic, no need.

Subcool (RIP) has his soil recipe online: or subcool supersoil has a concentrate 5lb bag (20 gallons worth of grows) on Amazon for 40 bucks. Buy 1.5 cft bag of roots organic soil and add 1poundto bottom half or 3rd and mix with roots soil and the top half just roots soil/base soil. All you have to do is water the plant the entire grow- pretty easy and fantastic results.

Whatever nutrients you decide to use remember the wet/dry cycle bro. My biggest advice to you. It will help with yield, potency of the buds, ph problems, deficiencies, list goes on and on..lol.

What your current RH in the tent? Without the humidifier.

Great genetics =great produce..Its all about the genetics :passitleft:

Pizza sounds great man :high-five:

Pot size : go with 5 gallon. Bigger roots bigger fruits. Might as well maximize that footprint, right? Plus, when the plant gets bigger the humidity is naturally going up-good thing depending on the current RH. Also, the bigger pot will grow faster in Veg too. So, you save time using the 5 gal instead of the 3gal and bigger buds.

Im using a high brix nutrient. Its a combo of organic soil and feeding with organic liquid nutrients 3part. So, really no need for me to ever PH. I quit using all my gadgets/pens/probes..etc going organic, no need.

Subcool (RIP) has his soil recipe online: or subcool supersoil has a concentrate 5lb bag (20 gallons worth of grows) on Amazon for 40 bucks. Buy 1.5 cft bag of roots organic soil and add 1poundto bottom half or 3rd and mix with roots soil and the top half just roots soil/base soil. All you have to do is water the plant the entire grow- pretty easy and fantastic results.

Whatever nutrients you decide to use remember the wet/dry cycle bro. My biggest advice to you. It will help with yield, potency of the buds, ph problems, deficiencies, list goes on and on..lol.

What your current RH in the tent? Without the humidifier.

Great genetics =great produce..Its all about the genetics :passitleft:
If you can get your hands on Michigan made mix soil, M3. Heard its great from several friends, its like subcools soil, just water the entire grow

Up north, we have different options for soil. For the most part I've noticed people use the pro-mix brand and I'm tempted to use their organic mix they offer.

My RH is 56-73% with my tent with humidifier. At night I put the humidifier to rest with all of the lights and the fans. My apartment is 30-45% RH depending on if I had a shower recently or not :Rasta:

My tent for a few hours I let rest at 30-40% to try and help dry the soil and avoid any stuff I don't want growing in there. I'll do some research and see what I can find. I know I've seen StepWell organic Super Soil but they are 80$ each. I do have access to FoxFarms happy frog and ocean forest so maybe I should mix in some worm castings and then I would just have to feed proper nutrients very lightly or..

Up north, we have different options for soil. For the most part I've noticed people use the pro-mix brand and I'm tempted to use their organic mix they offer.

My RH is 56-73% with my tent with humidifier. At night I put the humidifier to rest with all of the lights and the fans. My apartment is 30-45% RH depending on if I had a shower recently or not :Rasta:

My tent for a few hours I let rest at 30-40% to try and help dry the soil and avoid any stuff I don't want growing in there. I'll do some research and see what I can find. I know I've seen StepWell organic Super Soil but they are 80$ each. I do have access to FoxFarms happy frog and ocean forest so maybe I should mix in some worm castings and then I would just have to feed proper nutrients very lightly or..
Your RH 30 - 40% is right on for flower bro. When she gets big, i would take out the humidifier.
Also, Megacrop is great stuff. Ive never used it but results look great. They send you a free sample too. Pretty cool.
Have a great day, Im off to work. Peace

My lil guy got a little bigger. My humidifier ran out of juice so I gotta work the humidity back to around 60-70%PXL_20201103_201911301.jpgPXL_20201103_201907565.jpg

My medium doesn't seem too dry but I haven't felt around in there yet. Honestly going to wait till my plant starts drooping a bit and at that point I'll do my watering regime by starting at the bottom and then watering on the top starting around the edges and a light light mist in the center.

Edit: Look at the difference in 3 days!! So cool
PXL_20201031_202012869.jpgPXL_20201103_202931374.jpg

Waited too long I think. I was thinking I could make it to 3 days but I could not. Any suggestions @Sparkey224 @PK1 @Backlipslide

PXL_20201104_032752773.jpg
PXL_20201104_035441203.jpg

Edit: I think tomorrow I I'll put a 1/4-1/3 inch of soil. Found this link:

Checked this morning and it was back laying on the medium. I added more to it but it seems to just want to lay down.
PXL_20201104_143630046.jpg

This is my fifth seedling to die like this. I think it might be a sign that it's time to throw in the towel and sell my set-up :sorry:
Not really sure why the seedling is falling over.
Dont give up, just a couple of adjustments and things will go well.:passitleft:

Do you have any plastic solo cups? Punch a several holes at the bottom of the cup, add soil, then water, plant seed.
Close up all your vents on the tent, toss out your humidifier. Humidity should increase when vents are closed. See what happens.

Not really sure why the seedling is falling over.
Dont give up, just a couple of adjustments and things will go well.:passitleft:

Do you have any plastic solo cups? Punch a several holes at the bottom of the cup, add soil, then water, plant seed.
Close up all your vents on the tent, toss out your humidifier. Humidity should increase when vents are closed. See what happens.

Thank you for your patience @Sparkey224

I'm not going to give up, I still have 3 more seeds. I'm very frustrated that this keeps happening to me!

I don't have any plastic Solo cups. I do have this slightly bigger plant pot available now.. Needs to be washed out. I'm scared to transplant my small seedling. I might just start a new seed in here without pregerminating in paper towel or water. What do you think?
PXL_20201104_164534590.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20201104_164529755.jpg
    PXL_20201104_164529755.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 23
hey @corytheghost thanks for the call out. sry your tag got lost in my notification. the humidifier does not need to be in the tent as long as you can keep the humidity to 60% +

If you do need to keep it in the tent then face it to a different direction. Make sure your plastic cups have holes on the side. They don't have to be as big but have enough holes. Also put some rocks at the bottom so that the dirt sits on top of it. This will allow water to leave properly

I wonder if it's my crazy fluctuations in temp/moisture that's killing it...

Here's today and the past week. You can see I woke up and put the light lower and increased the light output to maximum. I had to re-rest my plant on the stick. Going to cut a straw later today if it falls off again.
yes it got to hot in there and the moisture dropped.

make some towels wet and hang that in the tent. it does not have to drip. you can also put some water in a container and leave the end of the towel in the container water to keep the towel moist

Back
Top Bottom