Daily use of marijuana raises risk of heart disease by 34%

Do you personally know the medical status of 1000 people that have used weed daily for a long time? Because that is the minimum sample size for statistical relevance.

This is why anecdotal experiences often contradict what science finds. The sample size is too small to be a good representative for millions of people.

For example, I have known hundreds of people that smoke(d) ciggarrettes, but don't know anyone that got lung cancer from it. It would be very wrong to assume smoking tobacco doesn't cause cancer simply based on what happened to people that I know.
All I'm saying is 34% is to high. I said it's not GOOD for you, just live life how you want.

This is my first post on here and I'm called out on it wow. Life is to short for this shit or at least in my book. Guess I won't post in here again

All I'm saying is 34% is to high. I said it's not GOOD for you, just live life how you want.

This is my first post on here and I'm called out on it wow. Life is to short for this shit or at least in my book. Guess I won't post in here again
Hold on let me call you a waaaambulace. 😎 go talk in some threads you can share your old wisdom and don’t get sucked into this type of noise—or you can follow this dude to learn that bongs made in the USA by Americans are inferior because they don’t have shotgun holes.

Well that wasn't really a "call out". I politely explained how anyone's personal experience is likely to be flawed compared to a high volume of scientific observation. Many people struggle with this concept.

Oh noes. More bad news from the American College of Cardiology that supports the OP. This was from last year. I was too busy getting high and missed it.

Several studies have shown a robust correlation between marijuana use and MI. A study evaluating acute MI in 379,843 patients from a nationwide inpatient sample showed that acute MI admissions among cannabis users increased by 32%, with a 60% increase in hospital mortality over 4 years.

A common limitation of several studies evaluating the risk of marijuana on the cardiovascular system is that tobacco use may confound marijuana's true effects. A recently published analysis addressed this concern by evaluating the association of marijuana and cardiovascular disease among 133,706 non-cigarette smokers who participated in the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System from 2016 to 2018.10

Frequent marijuana smoking was associated with 88% higher odds of MI or coronary artery disease and 81% higher odds of stroke.

However current evidence is insufficient to draw decisive conclusions on the effect of marijuana use on cardiovascular events.

Here is the press release from the American College of Cardiology for the subject of the OP.

Frequent Marijuana Use Linked to Heart Disease - American College of Cardiology

Paranjpe will present the study, “Association of Cannabis Use Disorder With Risk of Coronary Artery Disease: A Mendelian Randomization Study,” on Sunday, March 5, 2023, at 9:30 a.m. CT / 15:30 UTC in Poster Hall, Hall F.

But nothing changes after they present it. All the info you need to know is already provided in the link.

How long it takes to accept this solid medical information is entirely up to you.

Yeah, so this thread got moved from "Cannabis facts and info" to "General 420 talk". Pretty sad state of affairs when "Healing the Heart Chakra with Cannabis" is considered to be "Cannabis facts and info", but actual medial information from doctors and scientists is not.

🤦‍♂️

She posted about cannabis generating love and positive energy that has been practiced for thousands of years in cultures all around the world, whereas this looks like straight up reefer madness to me. There is no comparison in my mind. We promote the positive aspects of cannabis, and normally delete reefer madness, but kept it here for you folks so you can continue your debate, if it can remain civil.

She posted about cannabis generating love and positive energy that has been practiced for thousands of years in cultures all around the world, whereas this looks like straight up reefer madness to me. There is no comparison in my mind. We promote the positive aspects of cannabis, and normally delete reefer madness, but kept it here for you folks so you can continue your debate, if it can remain civil.
I said it once and I’ll say it again. Nobody gets out of life alive that’s a fact but I for one am going to enjoy this wonderful plant and if it kills me at least I’ll die happy 😊. CL🍀

Hey Dipshit 420 bro -

Obviously, you and your smoked out geriatric crew are too stupid to differentiate fact from fiction.

It's verified medical information from doctors and scientists based on a very large sample size with a credible scientific method of analysis. That's how actual facts happen. On the other hand, there is literally zero proof that chakras even exist. That's what fiction is.

:slide:

If this is how you want to run your lame as fuck weedbro site, then fine. I'll go elsewhere just like the 150,000+ members that signed up for this joke of a site before they bailed too.

Meanwhile, you can keep burying your head in the sand with the rest of the smoked out losers here. And when y'all get your first heart attack or stroke, I want you to remember how stupid you were to ignore the solid medical research that I have graciously provided.

Have a nice life, y'all. I'll take my PERMA-BAN now !!!

:circle-of-love:

Hey Dipshit 420 bro -

Obviously, you and your smoked out geriatric crew are too stupid to differentiate fact from fiction.

It's verified medical information from doctors and scientists based on a very large sample size with a credible scientific method of analysis. That's how actual facts happen. On the other hand, there is literally zero proof that chakras even exist. That's what fiction is.

:slide:

If this is how you want to run your lame as fuck weedbro site, then fine. I'll go elsewhere just like the 150,000+ members that signed up for this joke of a site before they bailed too.

Meanwhile, you can keep burying your head in the sand with the rest of the smoked out losers here. And when y'all get your first heart attack or stroke, I want you to remember how stupid you were to ignore the solid medical research that I have graciously provided.

Have a nice life, y'all. I'll take my PERMA-BAN now !!!

:circle-of-love:
Adios Cucaracha! Lmao 😜 CL🍀 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::high-five::Namaste::thanks::420:

i followed the links through, it's odd that no one links to the original study, at least that i could find. cnn winds up citing another of their own articles which is no evidence at all.
Though, the cited article is from 2 or 3 years ago and is another study and not part of the one that starts this tread.

And the two of them are not the only ones that appear to come to this conclusion. I have come across a few others that feel there is a connection between the smoke from Cannabis having an unwanted affect on heart & cardiovascular conditions.

Not sure but I think that this is the first one I have seen that makes this strong connection that THC complicates the underlying heart problems.

Your wish is my command :ciao:

This guy has been posting negative energy for a while, I've been watching him and another couple of members trolling staff and members and turning people against us like a virus. Sometimes aggressive banned members come back to do stuff like this, sometimes they're just an angry sad soul who gets off on hurting others.

Regardless of what his issues are, it's not our problem and we don't tolerate trolls and pessimists destroying our wonderful energy, nor do we permit spreading lies about our beloved plant. We bend over backwards to expose the lies, deliver the truth and create a positive environment for you all and will preserve it at all costs.

I wanted to delete this days ago, but was too afraid of having pitchforks hurled at me.

We usually delete stuff like this, but I'd rather leave it to show you all how he acted, so he can't do the usual play the victim and pretend nothing happened when he runs off to another site crying about how we banned him for nonsense.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED DUE TO REEFER MADNESS

I learned something of interest today that affects this post. If you think about this you will slap your forehead like I did.

It has been illegal to do any scientific study of cannabis for what 80 years? So when we read proclaimations such as this you gotta wonder where it came from. Ok, I'll tell ya. The 'studies' we read are all based on synthetic THC. Manmade junk. No wonder they get such wacky conclusions. They can't use the real stuff-that's illegal.

So when you hear these fascinating 'results' realize where they are coming from.

It has been illegal to do any scientific study of cannabis for what 80 years? The 'studies' we read are all based on synthetic THC. Manmade junk. No wonder they get such wacky conclusions. They can't use the real stuff-that's illegal.

isn't synthetic thc a relatively new thing ? creepy, but new.
also canadian and israeli researchers have had access to the actual plant for at least 30 or more years. most of their results have been rather positive as far as i know.

there is a fair amount of paid for hysteria-science still popping up here in north america. i think the powers behind it have mostly lost that one though.

It has been illegal to do any scientific study of cannabis for what 80 years? So when we read proclaimations such as this you gotta wonder where it came from.
In the US the research has been allowed with permission from the federals. Thing is most of the research ideas get turned down and what is left to be approved ends up being the same old ideas that were kicking around 100 years ago. Plus the source of the Marijuana for testing all came from one small farm which was growing the same ol' tired plants that they had back in the late '30s.

Big point to me is that if they can do all kinds of testing of other 'Schedule 1 drugs' like Heroin and other opiates then how come they do not bother to test Cannabis? And if they can do the testing of ways to help opiate addiction then how come they cannot be bothered to help those people with 'Cannabis addiction' if they really felt that so called addiction was the major reason to make it illegal in the first place.

Probably the Jack Webb syndrome keeps them from doing proper testing.

Saw an article like this in my news feed a while back. Being a person with cad, copd, atrial fib, and diabetes it caught my attention. I'm a daily smoker 60 yrs old. At this point going out with a nice buzz sounds good to me. I refuse to live my life in fear over big pharm propaganda. Many people out there will develop heart issues and when I happens they look for a scapegoat. Failing to realize the villain is in the mirror. We seem to systematically tear down our bodies as life goes by. Many pick up bad habits and push the known issues that come with that bad habit to the back of their brain. Knowing the endgame will not be favorable.

Back
Top Bottom