Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Thank you SS;
and a good evening farmers!

I can't remember when the last time was I had plants grow as quickly as these young ladies have. Amazing what they have done this past week. I went ahead and topped three of theses SS. I will let the other two just grow out and see what the difference is. Heres a picture of the young ladies as of this afternoon. Three weeks now.
Dark_Devil_11-05-2017.JPG

This one here shows the new growth after a topping this past week.
Dark_Devil_11-05-2017_Topped.JPG

Hope everyone had a enjoyable week..

I finally got round to popping my dda.
She's in coco under cobs at 27days old
420-magazine-mobile1509168892.jpg

I'll try to keep you lot updated but I'm pretty rubbish at maintaining journals :)
47 days old and stretching like crazy. I'm considering super cropping, just to maintain an even canopy. Has anybody tried this with the dda?
420-magazine-mobile788002598.jpg

I'm totally sitting in on this Dark Devil Auto community grow. I'm still new to growing and haven't yet tried auto's but the first time I saw a picture of a DDA I was hooked and wanted me some of them awsome looking buds. After stumbling on this journal and seeing all them gorgeous pics I just placed an order for even more seeds (curse you seed addiction!) and DDA was on the list (the first/only auto I've actually bought instead of getting as a freebie). I was considering only growing photoperiod plants before but now after seeing this amazing thread and all these pictures I'm thinking I'll have to try growing a different auto or two to get the hang of auto's just so I can get to growing the DDA. It's a phenomenal looking strain, and from what you folks have said it's also mind blowing smoke.

Of all the recent strains I have grown and smoked. DD is the household favorite. We consider it top-shelf when compared to Girl Scout Cookies, White Widow, skunk #1, and Northern Delights.

The floral nature of the taste really sets it apart from the others. I swear sometimes I taste chocolate. It is so nice.

47 days old and stretching like crazy. I'm considering super cropping, just to maintain an even canopy. Has anybody tried this with the dda?

Leave it grow ... this plant isn't going to win any yield contests and you're on a time clock.. you are lucky to have a larger pheno. Most of them are rather smallish.

Anyone have a smoke report on the GREEN pheno??? I had a green one out of 5 I just grew out. The green one kinda never took off and I really didn't pay much attention to it other than watering.. Chopped it, she looked pretty pathetic tbh but I hung it up for S&G's ... went to trim the DDs I had on the hook and pulled the green one down and took a close look.. whoa she's nothing but trichomes... very small plant but the buddage looks pretty good.

I was sniffling for like a month like I had some sort of allergic reaction to something... I don't get allergies.... started trimming this little green plant and my nose wouldn't stop running... jarred up the green and no more runny nose. Hmmmm?

Leave it grow ... this plant isn't going to win any yield contests and you're on a time clock.. you are lucky to have a larger pheno. Most of them are rather smallish.

Anyone have a smoke report on the GREEN pheno??? I had a green one out of 5 I just grew out. The green one kinda never took off and I really didn't pay much attention to it other than watering.. Chopped it, she looked pretty pathetic tbh but I hung it up for S&G's ... went to trim the DDs I had on the hook and pulled the green one down and took a close look.. whoa she's nothing but trichomes... very small plant but the buddage looks pretty good.

I was sniffling for like a month like I had some sort of allergic reaction to something... I don't get allergies.... started trimming this little green plant and my nose wouldn't stop running... jarred up the green and no more runny nose. Hmmmm?
I wasn't WOWd by the 5 green phenos I grew, I'll be chopping 2 purples on Monday though, my 1st ones

Very excited

Here's my DDa I have going, she's chest high now and very very Sativa like.
420-magazine-mobile1313031317.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1037358276.jpg

I actually did super crop mine at the beginning of flower or this plant would be over 5' tall.

Here’s my DDa I have going, she’s chest high now and very very Sativa like.
I actually did super crop mine at the beginning of flower or this plant would be over 5’ tall.

I have noticed with the sativa heavy phenos that you really need to step off the nutes through flower...I crisped mine and it wasnt pretty. Very dark buds though :)

I wasn't WOWd by the 5 green phenos I grew, I'll be chopping 2 purples on Monday though, my 1st ones

Very excited

Nice thanks... the green pheno I just grew out almost knocked me out trimming... I had to take a nap. I'm no light weight when it comes to trimming either.

I only got like 10 grams off that plant.

This round for me I had 2 different purple phenos.. one that we usually always get that is deep dark purple with orange pistols. The other purple was a little lighter colored purple and the pistols were not as dramatic orange. The lighter colored version was pretty resiny and took a lot longer to dry.

I like the darker version the best for smoke... that's always my personal stash!

Nice looking plant there PW, that looks amazing and looks like a green pheno to me. I've never managed to get an AUTO plant that big growing it with my style.. LOS soil. Every AUTO I ever grew always showed the ruderalis dominant trait for shape/size.

Dankdreamer said:
Any luck topping these or should they just be left alone

What's "topping"? asking for a friend! ---> :geek:

Same here Bob this DD shocked me when she went into stretch and didn’t stop. My only regret is I didn’t use STS to make some S1’s

Yeah I'm interested in how this one is going to turn out. That's a big plant for DD for sure. Maybe she will get some color down the stretch, I think she's just getting started!

GL with her... I don't remember seeing her in your journal?? I usually don't include my AUTO grow in with my journal. They are usually under whelming in comparo to the REGs I grow out. But I always have DD going except in the summer months.

Nice thanks... the green pheno I just grew out almost knocked me out trimming... I had to take a nap. I'm no light weight when it comes to trimming either.

I only got like 10 grams off that plant.

This round for me I had 2 different purple phenos.. one that we usually always get that is deep dark purple with orange pistols. The other purple was a little lighter colored purple and the pistols were not as dramatic orange. The lighter colored version was pretty resiny and took a lot longer to dry.

I like the darker version the best for smoke... that's always my personal stash!

Nice looking plant there PW, that looks amazing and looks like a green pheno to me. I've never managed to get an AUTO plant that big growing it with my style.. LOS soil. Every AUTO I ever grew always showed the ruderalis dominant trait for shape/size.

What's "topping"? asking for a friend! ---> :geek:
Taking off the main growing shoot so it starts to grow 2 in place of the main stem

Pennywise..... What a beautiful specimen. You sent me back to the thrill of seeing my one and only sativa DDA start to show her genetic tendency. It's my preferred DDA smoke. I still have a small amount on reserve for my birthday. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Guys...... I still have one more plant to get through the tiny closet before I can start some DDAs. It hurts to stop here and see all this beauty. Lol! I can't wait to be running over here again for a pretty picture update. :slide:

But I always have DD going except in the summer months.

Out of curiousity, why don't you grow DD during the summer months? We've just entered summer here in Australia (my first for indoor growing) and I'm wondering if I should wait to grow an auto/DD 'till after summer.

Out of curiousity, why don't you grow DD during the summer months? We've just entered summer here in Australia (my first for indoor growing) and I'm wondering if I should wait to grow an auto/DD 'till after summer.

I saw someone post a DD pic from an outdoor Australian-summer DD once...I think it was on this forum somewhere in fact!

It was gorgeous--at least enough so that I still remember it :)

--Stoney

Back
Top Bottom