Dean West’s Growing Cannabis 101: Perpetual Growing Using Organic Super-Soil

DeanWest89

Dean West growing cannabis 101: perpetual growing

Intro-Hey everyone here at another crack at this journal stuff , I got a new job which I only work 7-330 home by 530 so I now have 1 hour each day I can dedicate to this journal .

Things have been up and down for me lately and I was forced to cut down everything I had in flower inside and out due to my living arrangements . So I completely gutted the cold cellar which is a 9’ x10’ room with a 4” vent hole through the concrete to the outside

First thing I did was install a piece of round duct with a foam seal onto the wall over the hole with a screen to stop any bugs. I then mounted a 4 “ inline fan pulling air from inside pushing it out . I then erected a 4’x8’ grow tent inside of the cold cellar, I have an infinity t6 pulling air from the 4x8 and exhausting into the cold cellar , then the 4” fan pulls any hot air out , and just keeps the basement having better air flow.

Grow space- 4x8’ grow tent as my environment control , instead of maintaining the cold cellar I now just need to maintain inside the tent .with a t6 for airflow into the big tent , with 2 6” round duct air ins down at the floor so I don’t get any light leaks. And also trying to eliminate my flower tent stinking up my whole house every time I open . So now whatever smell leaves the flower tent when I open it , will then be scrubbed leaving the big tent .
NOTE- the carbon filter still hasn’t arrived yet , but I’m a long way from flowering an

Veg tent - so I have taken my 2x3 multi room tent and stuffed it inside of the 4x8 room
( I haven’t set up the lights in the 2x2 space of this tent) also run a clip fan in this space and one of the clone spaces aswell.
So once I am done running seeds I will be taking clones off the mothers in veg space 3 and I will be cloning in a dome in veg space 2

Lights-mother space and clone space still have same lights , space 1 has 1 20w qb red/blue and 2 9 watt red blue strip lights
And space 2 has cfls for now
I will be retrofitting each space with a 50w full spectrum cob.

Flower tent- I have also stuffed my 2x4 grow tent inside of the 4x8 room . I have an ac infinity t4 with the smart controller to dial in environment a little better , I’m running it to a 4”x12” carbon filter .
Lights- flower space is outfitted with a photon fusion QB with a meanwell driver in the middle of the 2x4 and I have 2 mars hydros stuffed on either side of the fusion board .
- atm I am just veggihg in this space so I only have the QB going at the moment

-Also have 2 clip fans for this space to keep air moving

SOIL- I am still using my soil from my very first organic grow but with a lot of composted cannabis plants in there a few worms from my worm castings. I took 24 gal of soil and amended it with 1044 ml of Gaja green 4-4-4 all purpose , and 180ml each of Spanish river carbonate. I then mixed it thoroughly and inoculated with raw npk microbes , grow stage.

I will be growing in fabric pots from 1 gal - 5 gal but I will probably stick to the 2 and 3 gal plants just so I can fit more into the flower space , as for the actual growing I will be topping and grow 8-10 colas per plant .

AMENDMENTS: So some of you may know how I feed my plants but for the person jumping in the first time I will share . I use Gaja green products all purpose 4-4-4 for veg and power bloom 2-8-4 . Glacial rock dust
Spanish river carbonate . And depending on the stage of growth I and microbes grow/ bloom

WATER- so for water I keep it simple , I use food grade 5 gal Pails set with airstones in them to keep things moving . I check my ph but very rarely do I have to adjust them, it’s usually in between 6.4-6.9 .the microbial life does a lot of the leg work here as far as managing ph.

STRAINS- so let’s get into the good stuff now . There is a few strainssof which I have not grown before so I am very excited for

- Platinum Girl Scout cookies
- Girl Scout cookies
- Gelato F1
- Gelato F

- Hash plant
- Lemon tree
-2 random fem seeds from krop kings best of
- bubble gum x OG Kush

So these are my mother plants I have until I am able to switch them out with new strains
-black do Lato
-OGKZ
- mint chocolate OG
-white og
- northern lights
- blue dream
- bubbas gift
-cheese
- deep cheese

me and my buddie just purchased $1000 in seeds over just over 30 strains so there will be a lot going on in this grow but for now what you see is what you get until flower is rolling and I start a new round of seedlings.

I will take some pics of the space when I get a chance to , tonight I will be transplanting so I will be busy .

ALL HELP IS WELCOME

part one of the set up complete , I will veg in my flower space until I get the rest of it going , and now that I have alot more time on my hands after work things won’t be forgotten in the dust

OCT/7/20

just a quick update here , last night I transplanted 6 plants into2 gal fabric pots , and watered in , when I opened the soil tote last night and there was all this beautiful mycorrhizal fungi growing in the surface , it’s a beautiful thing . I took clones off everything , I also decided to cut down the black do Lato- in house genetics and cut it up into clones , the plant was so much ahead of everything else growth wise it would just be a head ach in flower so I cut it down into 15 clones , tools clones off
- lemon tree
-Girl Scout cookies
-hash plant
-Gelato F1
-bubbas gift
-R1 ( random fen crop king seed, top tier)
I just wanted a little surprise , other wise I’d never grow something like this because I don’t know anything about the strain , it’s nice to know what your consuming.

I am going to be dropping 3 Sweds into water tonight
1- OGKZ F2
2-mint chocolate og F3
3- bubble gum x OG kush
Now idk if I’m only doing one of each or multiple

VEG SPACE- so I did end up getting my veg tent into the 4x8 room so now I have everything in one space . Happy wife happy life guys
Only thing that I’m not happy about is my mars hydro 300 , all the blue lights are failing only with 5000 hours on it so not too happy about that one .its pretty sad when the light is rarer for 50000 hrs and after 5000 all the blues go on it

so again I am in the market for buying more lights ,

but everything is starting to come together now , my grow space is being fine tuned.and is almost on point I just wish I did this sooner

Dean West growing cannabis 101: perpetual growing

Intro-Hey everyone here at another crack at this journal stuff , I got a new job which I only work 7-330 home by 530 so I now have 1 hour each day I can dedicate to this journal .

Things have been up and down for me lately and I was forced to cut down everything I had in flower inside and out due to my living arrangements . So I completely gutted the cold cellar which is a 9’ x10’ room with a 4” vent hole through the concrete to the outside

First thing I did was install a piece of round duct with a foam seal onto the wall over the hole with a screen to stop any bugs. I then mounted a 4 “ inline fan pulling air from inside pushing it out . I then erected a 4’x8’ grow tent inside of the cold cellar, I have an infinity t6 pulling air from the 4x8 and exhausting into the cold cellar , then the 4” fan pulls any hot air out , and just keeps the basement having better air flow.

Grow space- 4x8’ grow tent as my environment control , instead of maintaining the cold cellar I now just need to maintain inside the tent .with a t6 for airflow into the big tent , with 2 6” round duct air ins down at the floor so I don’t get any light leaks. And also trying to eliminate my flower tent stinking up my whole house every time I open . So now whatever smell leaves the flower tent when I open it , will then be scrubbed leaving the big tent .
NOTE- the carbon filter still hasn’t arrived yet , but I’m a long way from flowering an

Veg tent - so I have taken my 2x3 multi room tent and stuffed it inside of the 4x8 room
( I haven’t set up the lights in the 2x2 space of this tent) also run a clip fan in this space and one of the clone spaces aswell.
So once I am done running seeds I will be taking clones off the mothers in veg space 3 and I will be cloning in a dome in veg space 2

Lights-mother space and clone space still have same lights , space 1 has 1 20w qb red/blue and 2 9 watt red blue strip lights
And space 2 has cfls for now
I will be retrofitting each space with a 50w full spectrum cob.

Flower tent- I have also stuffed my 2x4 grow tent inside of the 4x8 room . I have an ac infinity t4 with the smart controller to dial in environment a little better , I’m running it to a 4”x12” carbon filter .
Lights- flower space is outfitted with a photon fusion QB with a meanwell driver in the middle of the 2x4 and I have 2 mars hydros stuffed on either side of the fusion board .
- atm I am just veggihg in this space so I only have the QB going at the moment

-Also have 2 clip fans for this space to keep air moving

SOIL- I am still using my soil from my very first organic grow but with a lot of composted cannabis plants in there a few worms from my worm castings. I took 24 gal of soil and amended it with 1044 ml of Gaja green 4-4-4 all purpose , and 180ml each of Spanish river carbonate. I then mixed it thoroughly and inoculated with raw npk microbes , grow stage.

I will be growing in fabric pots from 1 gal - 5 gal but I will probably stick to the 2 and 3 gal plants just so I can fit more into the flower space , as for the actual growing I will be topping and grow 8-10 colas per plant .

AMENDMENTS: So some of you may know how I feed my plants but for the person jumping in the first time I will share . I use Gaja green products all purpose 4-4-4 for veg and power bloom 2-8-4 . Glacial rock dust
Spanish river carbonate . And depending on the stage of growth I and microbes grow/ bloom

WATER- so for water I keep it simple , I use food grade 5 gal Pails set with airstones in them to keep things moving . I check my ph but very rarely do I have to adjust them, it’s usually in between 6.4-6.9 .the microbial life does a lot of the leg work here as far as managing ph.

STRAINS- so let’s get into the good stuff now . There is a few strainssof which I have not grown before so I am very excited for

- Girl Scout cookies
- Gelato F1
- Gelato F

- Hash plant
- Lemon tree
-2 random fem seeds from krop kings best of
- bubble gum x OG Kush

So these are my mother plants I have until I am able to switch them out with new strains
-black do Lato
-OGKZ
- mint chocolate OG
-white og
- northern lights
- blue dream
- bubbas gift
-cheese
- deep cheese

me and my buddie just purchased $1000 in seeds over just over 30 strains so there will be a lot going on in this grow but for now what you see is what you get until flower is rolling and I start a new round of seedlings.

I will take some pics of the space when I get a chance to , tonight I will be transplanting so I will be busy .

ALL HELP IS WELCOME

part one of the set up complete , I will veg in my flower space until I get the rest of it going , and now that I have alot more time on my hands after work things won’t be forgotten in the dust
Dean brotha the one thing I love about your journal is the layout and written barriers you display. Good to have you still kicking bro.

OCT/7/20

just a quick update here , last night I transplanted 6 plants into2 gal fabric pots , and watered in , when I opened the soil tote last night and there was all this beautiful mycorrhizal fungi growing in the surface , it’s a beautiful thing . I took clones off everything , I also decided to cut down the black do Lato- in house genetics and cut it up into clones , the plant was so much ahead of everything else growth wise it would just be a head ach in flower so I cut it down into 15 clones , tools clones off
- lemon tree
-Girl Scout cookies
-hash plant
-Gelato F1
-bubbas gift
-R1 ( random fen crop king seed, top tier)
I just wanted a little surprise , other wise I’d never grow something like this because I don’t know anything about the strain , it’s nice to know what your consuming.

I am going to be dropping 3 Sweds into water tonight
1- OGKZ F2
2-mint chocolate og F3
3- bubble gum x OG kush
Now idk if I’m only doing one of each or multiple

VEG SPACE- so I did end up getting my veg tent into the 4x8 room so now I have everything in one space . Happy wife happy life guys
Only thing that I’m not happy about is my mars hydro 300 , all the blue lights are failing only with 5000 hours on it so not too happy about that one .its pretty sad when the light is rarer for 50000 hrs and after 5000 all the blues go on it

so again I am in the market for buying more lights ,

but everything is starting to come together now , my grow space is being fine tuned.and is almost on point I just wish I did this sooner
Yo you got dr doob following bro you lucky deanwest.

Dean brotha the one thing I love about your journal is the layout and written barriers you display. Good to have you still kicking bro.
Brother I really appreciate you stopping by joe , hope we can get together soon. Thanks for the kind words buds , I just need to get a better quality camera and I’ll be able to do some nicer pics , need a few light stands and what not but I’ll get there . Cheers brotherman
Yo you got dr doob following bro you lucky deanwest.
haha thanks bud , I think @DrDoob may be somewhat of a celebrity on this site , I’ve just briefly looked at what he’s doing i will defiantly be keeping tabs on what he’s got going on . Absolutely stellar

I've seen you around nice to have you stop in bud.

I am gifting deanwest here some of my indoor stuff meep meep CSI Humboldt and platinum garlic in house .

Genetics are equally as important is what I am learning ..

Happy gobble gobble all from Canada .

Was nice meeting you again brotha thanks for the treats looking forward to trying that ogkz clone I gifted you. That you grew. Talk. Soon brother man

Was nice meeting you again brotha thanks for the treats looking forward to trying that ogkz clone I gifted you. That you grew. Talk. Soon brother man
Brother I am super glad I kept a clone of that OGKZ , I’m glad I keep clones of everything. Just for cases like this . Dude I smoked that meep meep in a joint buddie top notch man , perfect taste , it was so stinky walking to the go train downtown people were avoiding me, except these 2 women complimented the pungentness of it we got talking and I ended up gifted them a couple buds . Probably the best I’ve tried yet from you joe . I haven’t gotten to the platinum garlic in a joint , my dirty bong doesn’t give any justice to anything . So I’ll defiantly let you know what I think but that you for that, and thank you for the seeds brotherman I am super excited to grow both strains

JOURNAL UPDATE-

oct/12/20
( I know it’s the 13th I just didn’t have time yesterday)

- hey everyone I just want to wish everyone a happy thanks giving , I hope all of you had a great and safe weekend.

so this week was a busy one for me work wise and home wise so I haven’t been able to train the plants as diligently as normally but I got the up to speed over the weekend just gotta let the ones I didn’t tie down catch up to even out my canopy’s all around .

I have decided to not put 6 plants into flower at once , I will finish setting up my 2x3 veg space inside the 4x8 so I can put 4 into the space .
I will start my Girl Scout cookies and platinum Girl Scout cookies into 12/12 first and every 14 days I’ll put 2 more in and hopefully I can keep rolling with that, I got a space cleared out just to start seeds I have spots for 2 seperate clone domes , and more space for more mothers so I’m in it for the long haul , I think once I’m don’t running the seeds I have I will purchase packs of seeds and start 5 of one strain and do a legit pheno hunt . None of this start one here keep the mother alive until the next one then once that’s done compare smokes decide which one stays , this what I’ll be able to cut the loose leaf out in one shot.

Training methods- this grow I’m doing fast turn arounds , short veg and just more plants . No more 100 day veg to fill a 2x4 with one plant waste of time . And I hate having 1 pound of one strain . So now Im growing until 5-6 sets of nodes , I top the plant and let it fill out , then I take away all the nodes from the bottom up until 8 potential main colas will be left rest go to clones . Veg another couple weeks then flip . I end up with flat 8 cola plants producing up to a qp each .

FLOWER TENT 2x4x5’3”
So this week I will be very diligent on managing these beauty’s hoping to pull a rabbit out of my ass on this one . I’m going to stick 2 into flower every couple weeks , I may have to just veg these all longer then I want because of My poor planning , all these plants were put into heavily amended so idk if I should wait until it’s time to amend 50/50 or roll the dice and send 2 in as is , because the gsc and the pgsc are both at a good size to flip into 12/12

POTS- in veg I am starting I. Solos then to 3/4 gal square pots 8 fit in a 10x20 tray . Then 2 gal pot rest of veg
When I flip the plants I transplant into 3 gal pots final pot

AMENDMENTS-
-all purpose 4-4-4 Gaja green (veg)

-power bloom 2-8-4 Gaja green (flower)
- Spanish river carbonate ( rich Canadian mineral deposits)
-glacial rock dust

RATIOS:
- in veg I use a 30/70 mix power bloom/ all purpose
So for 1 gal of medium gets 3 tbs amendments - 2 tbs all purpose 4-4-4 and 1 tbs power bloom 2-8-4
-1 tbs of SRC
-1 tbs glacial rock dust

flower I flip the rations but do 80% power bloom and 20% all purpose
(SRC and glacial rock dust same as veg
All get mycorrhizae and microbes added

-Raw npk microbes grow for veg
-Raw npk microbes bloom for flower

Transplanting- so through this week and this weekend I finished transplanting everything into amended medium all I have to do until flip is water. And re introduce microbial life on a weekly basis

platinum girl scout cookies

Girl Scout cookies

Lemon tree

R1 - crop kings random FEM seed ( random pack)

Gelato F2

Gelato F1

Mother space
Bubbas gift, white og, norther lights, cheese,

CLONES

FLOWER TENT 2x4x5’2”

Seeds odds and ends

platinum garlic

why you jelly s1

So things are starting to happen here , thank you everyone for you help and support along the way . And thanks for pushing me to get here.
I would still be producing shitty cannabis if it wasn’t for this family I have been adopted to , so thank you @420

Shucks... I am just a small town girl who loves the smell of a good organic soil. Good luck, I am enjoying watching you work!
I'm liking this soil thing lately too .

JOURNAL UPDATE-

oct/12/20
( I know it’s the 13th I just didn’t have time yesterday)

- hey everyone I just want to wish everyone a happy thanks giving , I hope all of you had a great and safe weekend.

so this week was a busy one for me work wise and home wise so I haven’t been able to train the plants as diligently as normally but I got the up to speed over the weekend just gotta let the ones I didn’t tie down catch up to even out my canopy’s all around .

I have decided to not put 6 plants into flower at once , I will finish setting up my 2x3 veg space inside the 4x8 so I can put 4 into the space .
I will start my Girl Scout cookies and platinum Girl Scout cookies into 12/12 first and every 14 days I’ll put 2 more in and hopefully I can keep rolling with that, I got a space cleared out just to start seeds I have spots for 2 seperate clone domes , and more space for more mothers so I’m in it for the long haul , I think once I’m don’t running the seeds I have I will purchase packs of seeds and start 5 of one strain and do a legit pheno hunt . None of this start one here keep the mother alive until the next one then once that’s done compare smokes decide which one stays , this what I’ll be able to cut the loose leaf out in one shot.

Training methods- this grow I’m doing fast turn arounds , short veg and just more plants . No more 100 day veg to fill a 2x4 with one plant waste of time . And I hate having 1 pound of one strain . So now Im growing until 5-6 sets of nodes , I top the plant and let it fill out , then I take away all the nodes from the bottom up until 8 potential main colas will be left rest go to clones . Veg another couple weeks then flip . I end up with flat 8 cola plants producing up to a qp each .

FLOWER TENT 2x4x5’3”
So this week I will be very diligent on managing these beauty’s hoping to pull a rabbit out of my ass on this one . I’m going to stick 2 into flower every couple weeks , I may have to just veg these all longer then I want because of My poor planning , all these plants were put into heavily amended so idk if I should wait until it’s time to amend 50/50 or roll the dice and send 2 in as is , because the gsc and the pgsc are both at a good size to flip into 12/12

POTS- in veg I am starting I. Solos then to 3/4 gal square pots 8 fit in a 10x20 tray . Then 2 gal pot rest of veg
When I flip the plants I transplant into 3 gal pots final pot

AMENDMENTS-
-all purpose 4-4-4 Gaja green (veg)

-power bloom 2-8-4 Gaja green (flower)
- Spanish river carbonate ( rich Canadian mineral deposits)
-glacial rock dust

RATIOS:
- in veg I use a 30/70 mix power bloom/ all purpose
So for 1 gal of medium gets 3 tbs amendments - 2 tbs all purpose 4-4-4 and 1 tbs power bloom 2-8-4
-1 tbs of SRC
-1 tbs glacial rock dust

flower I flip the rations but do 80% power bloom and 20% all purpose
(SRC and glacial rock dust same as veg
All get mycorrhizae and microbes added

-Raw npk microbes grow for veg
-Raw npk microbes bloom for flower

Transplanting- so through this week and this weekend I finished transplanting everything into amended medium all I have to do until flip is water. And re introduce microbial life on a weekly basis

platinum girl scout cookies

Girl Scout cookies

Lemon tree

R1 - crop kings random FEM seed ( random pack)

Gelato F2

Gelato F1

Mother space
Bubbas gift, white og, norther lights, cheese,

CLONES

FLOWER TENT 2x4x5’2”

Seeds odds and ends

platinum garlic

why you jelly s1

So things are starting to happen here , thank you everyone for you help and support along the way . And thanks for pushing me to get here.
I would still be producing shitty cannabis if it wasn’t for this family I have been adopted to , so thank you @420
Same here Dean .. I'd be lost smoking but rot weed probably lol..

And can't wait to see what the white og does for you get some good light shots bro.

Why you gelly S1 haven't tried then yet myself saved four of them .

Have you got humid acid and folic acid or alpalpha meal ?

Same here Dean .. I'd be lost smoking but rot weed probably lol..

And can't wait to see what the white og does for you get some good light shots bro.

Why you gelly S1 haven't tried then yet myself saved four of them .

Have you got humid acid and folic acid or alpalpha meal ?
Haha I hear yah
I honestly only use the products listed in the journal man . Simplicity seems to work great .
Until I can put some coin aside and build subcools supersoil. And start building my soil from there.
But right now I’m using the same soil as my mint og grow, Amherst sour diesel, and the last plants I ran . 4 th grow on this batch of soil just re amending

I really depend on the life in my soil and raw npk microbes once a week

I’m happy to be here, and it’s really good to see you here still active. Hope you and the family are doing good!! King joe and I have been talking about you a bit wondering how you were doing.
Thanks man , family is good everyone is safe fingers crossed. Hope your doing well brother . I actually seen joe on Saturday hey gave me a couple treats and beans super happy .
i kinda dropped off the face of the earth there for a bit , things got busy and I just pushed the journal aside. Regarldless my wife cut down all my outside plants and plants in flower indoors a total of 18 plants so it really discouraging. So i then decided to change my whole grow situation to accommodate what my wife wanted ? She hates the smell so we are throwing my tents inside a 4x8 with a seperate carbon filter system so when I have my flower tent open my whole house doesn’t stink , a little more costly but happy wife happy life they say ....

Back
Top Bottom