Dean West’s Growing Cannabis 101: Perpetual Growing Using Organic Super-Soil

That is what they say!!

but I like to say, happy husband... well the husband is happy! Leave him alone! Lol jk

husbands gotta be happy to though... we can’t just live in the dark unhappy lol the damn time!! Lol

but it’s good to hear that everyone’s doing good!!

That is what they say!!

but I like to say, happy husband... well the husband is happy! Leave him alone! Lol jk

husbands gotta be happy to though... we can’t just live in the dark unhappy lol the damn time!! Lol

but it’s good to hear that everyone’s doing good!!
Haha your absolutely right brotherman , all honesty I did go a little overboard and I didn’t properly communicate to figure things out I just did, once we sat down and talked and figured out a plant to keep things better contained, we then purchased all the fans for pushing and pulling air properly , the room that my 4x8 is in has a 4” inline fan venting to the outside all the time so there’s no chance of the air going in the house , so airs constantly being pulled into the basement and outside , helps keeping Better airflow in the house . So now I can do everything in one space so I’m happier then a pig in sh*t man . Really happy my wife let me roll with the tent for flower and tent for veg so I can get a real perpetual grow going where she approves with , happy husband right here .

*takes chair in back, tired, dirty jeans, smells of tire burnouts, kush and strong coffee. "hey :smokin:"
love the setup and the outfox the foxes philosophy on display. tagging along.
Hey yogi glad to have you along don’t be shy , any questions opinions welcome here , sounds like a good day at the strip.
I really appreciate the compliment , there was a lot of thought out into it, a tad overkill but it has made it so ZERO smell goes into the basement , where the furnace throws it into every room . Now I can do whatever I want , it’s a just a pain come watering time cause I have to shut myself inside the 4x8 then open the other tents come flower time but I have a 2’x8’ spot to do the work , I put the plants in trays and water so I’m just trying to get used to the Rythem even thoe I’m in veg and I could bring them all out and water with some space but I just need to make this a new pattern so come flower I don’t mess up and pull them into the basement thus defeating the purpose of everything we did.
I want to try and find a flood table to fit in my 2x4 so I can just water the plants where they sit , I don’t water until run off , I water slowly to saturate the whole pot without run off.
The joys of working in “small” spaces
I was just very happy my wife gave me the green light when I showed my olans to her about this whole scenario , I had a tent up in my bedroom one in the basement and the 4x8 in the cold cellar to dry and trim in . she was not happy .i Hated having time travel 3 flights back and fourth depending on what I was doing I’d do it 3 times just to do one job . So it was a hassle to say the least a win for everyone in the house honestly
Only downfall I have to make a plan for drying and curing , it will have to be another tent , there is to much air flow in the 4x8 for me to hand plants and get a nice slow dry on it . So still a work in progress here .
But pull up a chair we’ve got some good growers here sitting in so far some of the best on the site in my opinion so don’t be shy ask questions check out what their doing :peace:

I'm jumping in too fella. Congrats on a new setup! I'm going to let you in on a problem with more space tho. It's a problem that many people don't think about. It's the feeling of relief to not be crammed, but then you fill it up, and now you need 3 4x8, or maybe some 10x10, whoa.

Just jk, tho I increased my space and immediately filled it to max, so.....I need more space, hah. Seriously it looks good. Have some fun eh!

:passitleft:

I'm jumping in too fella. Congrats on a new setup! I'm going to let you in on a problem with more space tho. It's a problem that many people don't think about. It's the feeling of relief to not be crammed, but then you fill it up, and now you need 3 4x8, or maybe some 10x10, whoa.

Just jk, tho I increased my space and immediately filled it to max, so.....I need more space, hah. Seriously it looks good. Have some fun eh!

Brother thank you , I really appreciate that . I 100% agree with you I just had my wife decimate everything I had going because I went overboard without doing it properly .
So I still am only flowering in a 2x4 but this give me more space for mothers , I’m planning on doing some serious pheno hunts to find some dynamite that I want to keep around for the next 20 years kinda deal and obviously I’m gonna need 30 strains to choose from and eventually doing some breeding with thoes prizes phenos down the road . Long term plans .
I have come to realize all seeds are not equal even if it’s the same strain .
I really appreciate the kind words , I’m glad you hopped on board here . Any questions don’t be shy all advice is welcome .

@Gaffle I stuffed that 4x8 in a 5x9 room so I do not have any more expanding room here , most I would be able to do is remove the 2x4 and just flower in the 4x4 side but I have clone trays ontop of tents I would loose out on my side projects , can’t have that haha , but that 2x4 pulling a plant or 2 every 30 days is more then enough for me . And enough left over to gift to my friends . But when I buy a house I will be gutting the basement and building a false wall bookshelf deal hidden door and have my dream set up but this set up is much better then I expected after my wife chopped everything and said we need to sit down , I thought I was shut down for sure .
be safe, play safe, god bless

Having ample space to flower and veg is a blessing. I used to have a 3x2 tent in my 3x4ish flower room. Only had one spot to grow and flower at the time. Very annoying.

I'm along for this ride, oh yeah

Yeah man I feel yah on that one I was just rolling with the 2x4 and i was only pulling 2 harvests a year . Not into that nor will the suffice on the supply I need . So I agree , until you’re able to have seperate veg and flower things are just a hassle , switching spectrums in between , having to add more lights veg to flower . Just a nightmare brother.
I am defiantly going to check out what you got going on, glad to have you on board

Quick update here
OCT/16/20

2 nights ago at 8 pm I dropped 2 seeds into moist paper towel and put them inside sandwich baggies stuck them in a spot @ 24 hiIuU were uuruduuuusssss Ed’ss Ed e red degrees. Last night I checked the seeds last Night the platinum garlic , and why you jelly s1- F1 so they went into soil last night hopefully no hick ups until then here’s a few photos.
Shows jnowejejeh is the guy ÿ
2CECCD30-57A0-44B1-9ED5-58C72EF6E48A.jpeg
3474FEFD-7668-4F47-82D8-79BD2E914746.jpeg
13FB9DB7-2FA6-4038-BEEB-8ACECEC1A640.jpeg

Dean West growing cannabis 101: perpetual growing

Intro-Hey everyone here at another crack at this journal stuff , I got a new job which I only work 7-330 home by 530 so I now have 1 hour each day I can dedicate to this journal .

Things have been up and down for me lately and I was forced to cut down everything I had in flower inside and out due to my living arrangements . So I completely gutted the cold cellar which is a 9’ x10’ room with a 4” vent hole through the concrete to the outside

First thing I did was install a piece of round duct with a foam seal onto the wall over the hole with a screen to stop any bugs. I then mounted a 4 “ inline fan pulling air from inside pushing it out . I then erected a 4’x8’ grow tent inside of the cold cellar, I have an infinity t6 pulling air from the 4x8 and exhausting into the cold cellar , then the 4” fan pulls any hot air out , and just keeps the basement having better air flow.

Grow space- 4x8’ grow tent as my environment control , instead of maintaining the cold cellar I now just need to maintain inside the tent .with a t6 for airflow into the big tent , with 2 6” round duct air ins down at the floor so I don’t get any light leaks. And also trying to eliminate my flower tent stinking up my whole house every time I open . So now whatever smell leaves the flower tent when I open it , will then be scrubbed leaving the big tent .
NOTE- the carbon filter still hasn’t arrived yet , but I’m a long way from flowering an

Veg tent - so I have taken my 2x3 multi room tent and stuffed it inside of the 4x8 room
( I haven’t set up the lights in the 2x2 space of this tent) also run a clip fan in this space and one of the clone spaces aswell.
So once I am done running seeds I will be taking clones off the mothers in veg space 3 and I will be cloning in a dome in veg space 2

Lights-mother space and clone space still have same lights , space 1 has 1 20w qb red/blue and 2 9 watt red blue strip lights
And space 2 has cfls for now
I will be retrofitting each space with a 50w full spectrum cob.

Flower tent- I have also stuffed my 2x4 grow tent inside of the 4x8 room . I have an ac infinity t4 with the smart controller to dial in environment a little better , I’m running it to a 4”x12” carbon filter .
Lights- flower space is outfitted with a photon fusion QB with a meanwell driver in the middle of the 2x4 and I have 2 mars hydros stuffed on either side of the fusion board .
- atm I am just veggihg in this space so I only have the QB going at the moment

-Also have 2 clip fans for this space to keep air moving

SOIL- I am still using my soil from my very first organic grow but with a lot of composted cannabis plants in there a few worms from my worm castings. I took 24 gal of soil and amended it with 1044 ml of Gaja green 4-4-4 all purpose , and 180ml each of Spanish river carbonate. I then mixed it thoroughly and inoculated with raw npk microbes , grow stage.

I will be growing in fabric pots from 1 gal - 5 gal but I will probably stick to the 2 and 3 gal plants just so I can fit more into the flower space , as for the actual growing I will be topping and grow 8-10 colas per plant .

AMENDMENTS: So some of you may know how I feed my plants but for the person jumping in the first time I will share . I use Gaja green products all purpose 4-4-4 for veg and power bloom 2-8-4 . Glacial rock dust
Spanish river carbonate . And depending on the stage of growth I and microbes grow/ bloom

WATER- so for water I keep it simple , I use food grade 5 gal Pails set with airstones in them to keep things moving . I check my ph but very rarely do I have to adjust them, it’s usually in between 6.4-6.9 .the microbial life does a lot of the leg work here as far as managing ph.

STRAINS- so let’s get into the good stuff now . There is a few strainssof which I have not grown before so I am very excited for

- Platinum Girl Scout cookies
- Girl Scout cookies
- Gelato F1
- Gelato F

- Hash plant
- Lemon tree
-2 random fem seeds from krop kings best of
- bubble gum x OG Kush

So these are my mother plants I have until I am able to switch them out with new strains
-black do Lato
-OGKZ
- mint chocolate OG
-white og
- northern lights
- blue dream
- bubbas gift
-cheese
- deep cheese

me and my buddie just purchased $1000 in seeds over just over 30 strains so there will be a lot going on in this grow but for now what you see is what you get until flower is rolling and I start a new round of seedlings.

I will take some pics of the space when I get a chance to , tonight I will be transplanting so I will be busy .

ALL HELP IS WELCOME

part one of the set up complete , I will veg in my flower space until I get the rest of it going , and now that I have alot more time on my hands after work things won’t be forgotten in the dust
You digging that fusion board eh bro

*takes chair in back, tired, dirty jeans, smells of tire burnouts, kush and strong coffee. "hey :smokin:"
love the setup and the outfox the foxes philosophy on display. tagging along.
Welcome aboard buddy.

Quick update here
OCT/16/20

2 nights ago at 8 pm I dropped 2 seeds into moist paper towel and put them inside sandwich baggies stuck them in a spot @ 24 hiIuU were uuruduuuusssss Ed’ss Ed e red degrees. Last night I checked the seeds last Night the platinum garlic , and why you jelly s1- F1 so they went into soil last night hopefully no hick ups until then here’s a few photos.
Shows jnowejejeh is the guy ÿ
2CECCD30-57A0-44B1-9ED5-58C72EF6E48A.jpeg
3474FEFD-7668-4F47-82D8-79BD2E914746.jpeg
13FB9DB7-2FA6-4038-BEEB-8ACECEC1A640.jpeg
Dean have you ever just left the bean in water Luke warm and then watch the shell crack then into soil buddy ?

Back
Top Bottom