Dick23rk's Garden Adventures - More Strains - More Plants - More Buds!

Now that right there is what I'm talking about!! Great job on that scorpio! I would have been happy even without the timer and just have a valve I could shut off, but that's perfect for if a person was to go away for a few days. Thanks man

Now that right there is what I'm talking about!! Great job on that scorpio! I would have been happy even without the timer and just have a valve I could shut off, but that's perfect for if a person was to go away for a few days. Thanks man

That soaker hose is what makes it.. I tried the little 2gl/hr drippers (can see em in the picture, green ones) they just puddled. The soaker hose is sweet. Im gunna add a little loop in the center for around the Plant center.

Should be able to flip a valve or timer and it water em all in about 1/2hr

I use the bucket now, with a valve, to just fill my water jugs as I water... after my BIG TENT harvest ill do an auto system with it for both tents

Nice, great ideas! So that soaker hose just lets drops out all over the place instead of exact spots? Sounds like it would be pretty handy, especially if you could make 2 rings for bigger pots.

Nice, great ideas! So that soaker hose just lets drops out all over the place instead of exact spots? Sounds like it would be pretty handy, especially if you could make 2 rings for bigger pots.

yes... Guys use it for aeration in Hydro systems... Its not a drip Hose its a soaker hose

Easy to add multiple rings for bigger pots

I did a test and got 2c dripped in 10min, I think, so ya just add more time as needed. The Bucket holds 5gal, so mix nutes, or just plain water, flip the timer on, Go smoke a bowl and a few Beers....and relax:volcano-smiley:

Like This... Soaker Hose
411oqZQdFJL.jpg

damn fine idea there Scorpio:goodjob:

Trust me I did Lots of Trial and error... Gotta be able ta leave for backpacking and fishing

I think This is the ticket.. and the Toro is the valve to use, tried another, piece of ca ca

Im gunna look into Hydro this winter, but this will work till then

Brilliant.. Coming up with new ideas all the time. For now I will use the watering can and hose since it's cheap and simple to get me going right away instead of being frustrated trying to water from below. Later on down the road I will be picking up some equipment like this since I also want to try my hand at a couple DWC buckets.. I need to get my environment under control before I can do that though.

**Update Time**

Well, I'm sure at least 1 person here has been waiting for me to do an update, especially on the long awaited flower room lol Lets put it this way.. there is no more flower room now :) Got it all chopped down, the only plant that wasn't really ready to be cut was the CBDream but I wasn't leaving the 1 plant up, it had mostly cloudy trichomes but just doesn't look ready yet.. I didn't do any wet weights since I like to hang everything upside down from the big branches to start and pick the buds off later. DDA #1 is also down now, she started to ripen up, everything is hanging in the dark in the flower room with exhaust and fans running.

I will get pictures and weights of each strain once everything is ready to go into jars..
SAM_5155.JPG
SAM_5154.JPG

Up next... Lets have a look at how the plants under the scrog nets are doing. Not to bad in my opinion, they are starting to grow a little more lately so I have been tucking and bending, letting all those other bud sites start to appear before flipping to 12/12, that will be a couple weeks yet for sure. Purple-Orange has really been making the 2'x2' scrog look full, had quite a few to tuck back on Kilimanjaro and Tutankhamon while Jam was only a couple minor tweaks so far. They all had straight RO water yesterday and will be hit with another nice feeding likely by Friday at the latest. No issues to report on these 4.

CBD Jam
Day - 70

SAM_5135.JPG

Kilimanjaro
Day - 70

SAM_5136.JPG

Purple-Orange CBD
Day - 70

SAM_5137.JPG

Tutankhamon
Day - 70

SAM_51381.JPG

Next up, we sill see the 2 remaining Dark Devils, #2 and #3.. The promix girl has stretched quite a bit but has pretty much stopped now, hopefully it will still form some nice sized buds since colas will be small due to the stretching. I thought maybe it was because I moved the light up, but #3 and the other plants didn't respond that way.. I have noticed on the DDA Community Grow thread that lots of other peoples green pheno plants have done the same so I'm not to concerned.

DDA #3 on the other hand is still nice and stout but is growing foliage and starting to stretch a bit now. I am sure that on the next feed she will sprout up some since she just started flowering. I plan to try one of these in a DWC bucket some day to see what kind of results I can get :) Hoping this one ends up purple like the first one as well.

Dark Devil Auto #2
Day - 39

SAM_5139.JPG

Dark Devil Auto #3

SAM_5140.JPG

And last but not least, we have this tiny little WW Auto.. She still grew deformed until it popped out it's 3rd node, now it seems to be growing normal leaves. The nodes are so tight together its crazy, thinking maybe I should stick it out under the led panel somewhere, it's been sitting under the T5's. Just gave it water again yesterday, next will be a light feeding to see how it takes it.

White Widow Auto
Day - 9

SAM_5143.JPG
SAM_5145.JPG

Oh geez, I almost forgot about this one that's under the T5's as well for now lol. ASD has just been chugging along and chugging the water, last 2 have been straight waterings.. Just trying to keep her going for now until I get a place ready for her. I'd love to throw her outside and flower her out, but just not sure where I'd put her out of sight. Summer just started and the days will start to get a little shorter, so I need to act quick if that's what I end up doing. I just don't want to draw to much unwanted attention. any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated :)

Amherst Sour Diesel
Day - 70

SAM_5142.JPG

That's about it for tonight folks.. Like I said, once everything is dry in the flower room I will get an update done on that. If I think of anything, or if anything changes I will be back to report it. If anyone just wants to chat that's cool, I will be around, but likely won't do another update til the weekend now, likely Sunday. Canada Day on Saturday, yippee! 150 years.

Take care everyone, stay lifted! I will leave on a positive note and drop a teaser photo of the purple DDA that's drying :)

NO FLASH
SAM_5149.JPG

WITH FLASH
SAM_51481.JPG

:thanks:

you fold your undies into the draw? Mrs iron them? Man your stuff is neat bro.. they compliments, hopefully no different hemisphere mis-interpretation :rofl: plants are really coming along in veg mate, screens will be full in no time.. hope all is well..

Haha thanks Grizz, it's kind of an OCD thing really, sort of like how you mentioned you didn't want to leave 13 seeds in the pack, I'm like that to but worse I guess :rofl: It's not really that bad, but in the garden I can get sort of particular with things yes :)

Yup, hoping to get the 2 bigger ones filled up before I have to flip since the smaller screens will be filled up faster, but it is what it is, I'm sure they will help me out a lot. Hoping to get some things re done in the flower room, get it sealed all up and the exhaust in proper working order. New things await in the near future and hopefully some bigger yields from less plants!

hey man great job!
i just got caught up on the recent activity on your journal

so im having issues with feedings as well, its such a pain in the ass to water them in the tent and having to lift wet heavy 7 gallon pots up to empty the drip pans 15 times . it takes me like 3 hours to mix nutes, feed, empty drip pans, check run off and the clean up .
im thinking of an easier method at the moment that wont cost alot and will be efficient. i have a couple ideas that may need to go into a trial first before going live with it.

Im glad you have your exhaust up n running , thats going to make a huge difference in your plants .

hey man great job!
i just got caught up on the recent activity on your journal

so im having issues with feedings as well, its such a pain in the ass to water them in the tent and having to lift wet heavy 7 gallon pots up to empty the drip pans 15 times . it takes me like 3 hours to mix nutes, feed, empty drip pans, check run off and the clean up .
im thinking of an easier method at the moment that wont cost alot and will be efficient. i have a couple ideas that may need to go into a trial first before going live with it.

Im glad you have your exhaust up n running , thats going to make a huge difference in your plants .

How much are you watering your plants, amount and duration in a week? Try backing off to a set amount, like 4 cups each[which is what I use for my plants BUT my pots are smaller, about 5 gal]. If there is no run off increase it a cup and get you one of these for less guess work.:cheesygrinsmiley:
3_in_1_soil_gauge1.jpg

Really great results, reps for harvest and big inflatable flailing man in the wind dedicated to your healed member...lol.
All kidding aside, I'm learning that CBD strains are really stretchy and if we don't train it to the max, or scrog that shiz, they just grow on forever, like a xmas tree size. Sooo maybe I should force flowering at a younger stage? I'm happy for you and your journal always makes me smile. Especially Shruum! He makes me laugh so hard sometimes. Cheers to being chill and high. ;):love:

Back
Top Bottom