Dick23rk's Garden Adventures - More Strains - More Plants - More Buds!

**News + Veg Room Update**

Hey again folks, been a couple days now but lots has changed since I had a few days off work this week! I am quite happy with myself lately even though I was a bit skeptical about just about everything that has changed lol. We will be having a look at all the plants in the veg room except DDA1, forgot her picture. We will also see the newest additions to the room so far.. All 4 scrogs have been set in place and the weed sun god above is doing it's thing turning the tips back upwards.. And.. the weed gods must have been thinking of me today, brother in law came over and we got the brainstorm for an exhaust big enough for the whole garden, with an old furnace blower fan! This things sucks hard! :rofl: We will have a look at the here shortly :)

So with the pictures of the veg room plant updates, first I will post a picture of when the scrogs got put in place yesterday, and the 2nd picture will be of them about an hour ago to show differences from just 1 day of being scrogged.

Amherst Sour Diesel
Day - 64

This girl was not scrogged due to not having enough room for her lol. I put her under the T5's for now just to keep her going, I will decide what to do with her at a later date, maybe let her veg some more, we'll see. Still looking good though, doesn't mind being stuck in there so far.
SAM_5133.JPG

CBD Jam
Day - 64

This was the last of the 4 to have the scrog set down on them so it was one of the easier ones when it came to knowing how I wanted to tuck them under and which squares to start at. Still got a couple of branches to lift back up but once they are long enough they will be tucked again.
SAM_51191.JPG
SAM_5126.JPG

Dark Devil Auto #1
Day - 64

I do have a couple pictures of this one from yesterday that I figured I could put up. She's doing good, buts are thickening up some. Noticed a couple of amber trichomes on the top, but other buds aren't that close yet. I would like to push this one as long as I can for a good couchlock type high, at 6 weeks now, so another couple weeks then start the flush I'm figuring.
SAM_5105.JPG
SAM_5107.JPG

Kilimanjaro
Day - 64

This was one I definitely needed a bigger scrog for, being 100% sativa it could have a ridiculous flower stretch and I want to be ready for it. Lots of room left in the scrog, couple weeks more of veg will do it good before flipping I'm sure. Can't wait to have grown my first full sativa :)
SAM_5120.JPG
SAM_5127.JPG

Purple-Orange CBD
Day - 64

This was a tall bushy one but I managed to get it under the 24"x24" scrog, there will be a couple branches that will be turning as you may see in the pictures, if not then you will notice it later on for sure. I think I did the best on this one out of the 4 even though there was a snapped branch, just a small one though!
SAM_5121.JPG
SAM_5128.JPG

Tutankhamon
Day - 64

Ah, the first one I put under the scrog.. It was intimidating, but after this one it got a little easier. I had to come back to this one a couple times to rearrange things as I got the hang of weaving the branches on the next few. This was one of the wider plants, more flux style, so I decided to use the big scrog on it, should be a good fit.
SAM_5122.JPG
SAM_5129.JPG

Room Shot

Here is a picture of the whole room yesterday after getting done.
SAM_5124.JPG

Now on to the younger auto's in our bunch..

Dark Devil Auto #2
Day - 33

This promix girl is really strutting her stuff, got it all trained back to a nice an even canopy with 6 main tops and some other smaller ones popping up in the middle. Should be a good size once she's done even though I think the flower stretch is slowing down now. Hopefully the branches go a little more vertical yet, if not, oh well lol I also believe this one is going to be a green pheno, no purple yet, DDA #1 was showing purple calyxes at day 30 or 31.
SAM_5130.JPG

Dark Devil Auto #3
Day - 33

The hempy gal is finally getting some action, I think she's about to go into the flower stretch finally, I noticed some very tiny pistils starting to push out but I couldn't get a picture of them yet. It's been growing like a mature plant for almost a week now so I knew it was coming but didn't know when. Looks like tomorrow will be a good day for her to get a drink and flush out the old left over nutes to see if she will take off for us :)
SAM_5132.JPG

White Widow Auto
Day - 3

We have a mutant on our hands here, only popping out 1 true leaf on the node, should be interesting to watch grow and see how it turns out. Sometimes it's the little deformed plants that really show some great potential in the end. Lets hope so!
SAM_5134.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Ok, so that's the end of our regular programming for today, lets have a look at this badass exhaust we put in the flower room today. I still need to get a flange and some ducting to hook to the inlet on this beast, but even for now it's doing a great job. It's hard to say how much it was doing at the beginning because we had been in the room working and the doors were open for a few hours, so the humidity had dropped to about 55% in there. I know for sure it's sucking because it's pulling on the poly walls with all the negative pressure.

I will be running the ducting from the inlet, to over top of the flowering plants where I will put a Y pipe so I can run another length of ducting to the veg room over top of the plants. For now the fresh air is being drawn in from up above where the floor joists are, eventually I will cut some vents at the floor level in the walls and seal them up with plastic floor heat vents and foam inserts to keep dust out. Also eventually I will get enough poly ordered that I can seal up the ceiling to help prevent light leaks and make a more sealed up environment since I now have the exhaust :) Here are a couple pictures I managed to grab on my phone, lights were out when I went for other pictures.

**Just for the record, it is not still wired up the way it is in the pictures.. This was a test run before actually wiring it up!**

IMG_20170621_152347.jpg
IMG_20170621_152356.jpg

So what you see on the fan right now is the inlet hole, the opposite side has the same size opening but houses the 4 speed electric motor 8amp electric motor. It is exhausting into my attached garage, there was already a 6 inch duct going out there for heat but it hardly does anything (garage not sealed) in the winter, so we built a box around where the hole was, just sealed it up with OSB board and screws, cut the hole for the exhaust end in the OSB board and then set it all up there and screwed it in. The fan box is actually screwed to some 2x4 that we added in for hanging support.

Just had to figure out which wires were which (diagram on side of motor) and go from there. We wired it up with an old extension cord that was rated for this size motor and plugged it in, voila! Until I get some sort of speed controller for it, we just hardwired the common and used a marret on the other for the speed setting, 4 different wires for each speed so I can just change them when I need to. I am no electrician but this seems to do the trick, I know a little bit about this stuff. What I do know is, it's working and I'm happy! 1 step closer to having a more optimal growing environment for my plants, air exchange is key and at this rate I will exchanging the air more than the recommended 3 times per minute I bet! lol

Thanks all for stopping in, hope you enjoyed this long update :) I will get to the flower plants eventually before they get the chop, they need another couple flushes yet, 1 due tomorrow I think. Take care eveyone!

Thanks man, I appreciate it! And yup, all healed up. But walking around to much can still feel like I've been flicked really hard!! lmao :rofl:

Dam lmao, and I thought this was uncomfortable :rofl: At least I ended up having meds on hand, it sure helped :)

**Flower Room Update**

Well, I'm back again with some more eye candy for you all and to get this flower update done now as I may not be around much tomorrow. I am having a minor day surgery tomorrow, wont be able to move my plants around for a couple days likely and no heavy lifting for up to 2 weeks. I should still be able to care for them though if needed.

The humidity has gone way up in the basement over the last 2 days which is resulting in the flower room getting up to 70% RH this morning. We had a gloomy and half rainy day yesterday and another day of rain today. So, for now I will leave the door open between the two rooms, it seems to be helping the RH drop back down, but over night it will have to be closed to keep light out. Will need to get a dehumidifier here right soon.

All the plants are doing fairly well in here, I got them on their last mid bloom phase feeding I think since all the photoperiod plants are on week 8 now. I had moved them up to the late bloom feedings which is as follows..
Micro - 4ml, Bloom - 8ml, Liquid KoolBloom - 2.5ml, CaliMagic - 1.5ml, Flora Nectar - 5ml
After a feeding or 2 of this (depending on trichomes) I will do another feeding with less nutes to drop them off some and then start flushing.

Not a whole lot else going on, just waiting patiently. Lets have a look at these pretty girls shall we.

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

CB Dream
Day - 57

SAM_50411.JPG
SAM_50421.JPG

CB Dutch Treat #1
Day - 57

SAM_50431.JPG
SAM_50441.JPG

CB Dutch Treat #2
Day - 57

SAM_50472.JPG
SAM_50481.JPG

Hash Plant
Day - 57

SAM_50491.JPG
SAM_50501.JPG

Nuken
Day - 57

SAM_50511.JPG
SAM_50521.JPG

Amnesia Haze Auto
Day - 99

SAM_50532.JPG
SAM_50541.JPG

Candy Cane Auto
Day - 99

SAM_50561.JPG
SAM_5057.JPG

Wow I never seen so many pics, anyhow good luck!

Wow I never seen so many pics, anyhow good luck!

Always lots of pictures here to be seen when I do updates. Especially when there is 14 or 15 plants going right now, gets confusing at times lol. The pictures you quoted are in the flower room and almost done now.

**Just some notes.. **

Gave all the scrog'd plants a feeding today, was a pain in the arse as well.. I need to rig something up so that I can feed from above and have it disperse evenly like the automated feeders, but doesn't need to be automated, just need to be able to pour in the feed when needed. Some day I will rig something up lol
They had straight water last time, now for nutes.. Feeding for them is as follows this time around..
Micro - 5ml, Gro - 5ml, Bloom - 2.5ml, Rapid Start - 2ml, Armour Si - 1.5ml, Diamond Nectar - 5ml, Flora Blend - 5ml, CaliMagic - 3ml

Gave ASD straight water for now while under the T5's, will continue with a light feeding next round to keep her going.

DDA #1 just got some water with a mix of Armour Si and Rapid Start that needed to be used up, about 1.5L .. Regular flower feeding next round.

DDA #2/3 both got fed a transition feeding. #3, the perlite hempy, hasn't popped out any pistils yet but looks like the calyxes have formed at the nodes and it has been growing asymmetrically for about a week now, maybe this will push it a little. #2 is just about done it's flower stretch I figure, only time will tell now.
Feeding was as follows for these 2..
Micro - 4ml, Gro - 4ml, Bloom - 4ml, Rapid Start - 2.5ml, Armour Si - 1.5ml, Diamond Nectar - 3ml, Flora Blend - 3ml, CaliMagic - 2.5ml, Flora Nectar - 3ml

That's about it.. Been running the exhaust fan to keep the humidity lower in the flower room for the last week or so for most of them plants, but it's also bringing down the humidity in the veg room since that is it's only place to draw air from at this time. Hopefully soon I will be able to get some ducting with a couple of dampers and y section to control intake from the veg room so it's not to much. I will also be cutting the intake vents in the walls maybe tomorrow so that will help out to.. things to do, oh things to do.. lol

Looking awesome in there, your hitting on all aspects of growth. Great job. You DD is large too, very nice. Purple plants are hard to grow.

Cheers

Looking awesome in there, your hitting on all aspects of growth. Great job. You DD is large too, very nice. Purple plants are hard to grow.

Cheers

Thanks miller, I'm getting there. It's been a slow process, picking up things as I go to help upgrade in some way. Next will be ducting, more black/white poly and a couple of LED panels to replace the hps in the flowering room.

Yes the DDA has fattened up quite a bit over the last couple weeks. This is my first real purple plant, it had 2 tops but 1 was broken off so I stopped trying to train it and let it go.

say dick this might solve your watering problem. This is what I use. The water can cost a buck at the Dollar store,:cheesygrinsmiley: and the tubing can be had at any hardware store but I had some motorcycle gas line lying around so I used that.:cool:

Hey, that's not a bad idea at all, and super simple!! Of course, me being me, I was thinking about making a shelf to set a bucket on and put a valve at the bottom, then run a line from each plant with a watering ring around them that I could leave in place with feed line hanging up somewhere. Then just connect the feed line with the buckets line and open the valve.. Dam why do I have to think so technical when your idea is so simple! AND CHEAPER!! lmao :rofl: Thanks for that man!

**News + Veg Room Update**

Hey again folks, been a couple days now but lots has changed since I had a few days off work this week! I am quite happy with myself lately even though I was a bit skeptical about just about everything that has changed lol. We will be having a look at all the plants in the veg room except DDA1, forgot her picture. We will also see the newest additions to the room so far.. All 4 scrogs have been set in place and the weed sun god above is doing it's thing turning the tips back upwards.. And.. the weed gods must have been thinking of me today, brother in law came over and we got the brainstorm for an exhaust big enough for the whole garden, with an old furnace blower fan! This things sucks hard! :rofl: We will have a look at the here shortly :)

So with the pictures of the veg room plant updates, first I will post a picture of when the scrogs got put in place yesterday, and the 2nd picture will be of them about an hour ago to show differences from just 1 day of being scrogged.

Amherst Sour Diesel
Day - 64

This girl was not scrogged due to not having enough room for her lol. I put her under the T5's for now just to keep her going, I will decide what to do with her at a later date, maybe let her veg some more, we'll see. Still looking good though, doesn't mind being stuck in there so far.
SAM_5133.JPG

CBD Jam
Day - 64

This was the last of the 4 to have the scrog set down on them so it was one of the easier ones when it came to knowing how I wanted to tuck them under and which squares to start at. Still got a couple of branches to lift back up but once they are long enough they will be tucked again.
SAM_51191.JPG
SAM_5126.JPG

Dark Devil Auto #1
Day - 64

I do have a couple pictures of this one from yesterday that I figured I could put up. She's doing good, buts are thickening up some. Noticed a couple of amber trichomes on the top, but other buds aren't that close yet. I would like to push this one as long as I can for a good couchlock type high, at 6 weeks now, so another couple weeks then start the flush I'm figuring.
SAM_5105.JPG
SAM_5107.JPG

Kilimanjaro
Day - 64

This was one I definitely needed a bigger scrog for, being 100% sativa it could have a ridiculous flower stretch and I want to be ready for it. Lots of room left in the scrog, couple weeks more of veg will do it good before flipping I'm sure. Can't wait to have grown my first full sativa :)
SAM_5120.JPG
SAM_5127.JPG

Purple-Orange CBD
Day - 64

This was a tall bushy one but I managed to get it under the 24"x24" scrog, there will be a couple branches that will be turning as you may see in the pictures, if not then you will notice it later on for sure. I think I did the best on this one out of the 4 even though there was a snapped branch, just a small one though!
SAM_5121.JPG
SAM_5128.JPG

Tutankhamon
Day - 64

Ah, the first one I put under the scrog.. It was intimidating, but after this one it got a little easier. I had to come back to this one a couple times to rearrange things as I got the hang of weaving the branches on the next few. This was one of the wider plants, more flux style, so I decided to use the big scrog on it, should be a good fit.
SAM_5122.JPG
SAM_5129.JPG

Room Shot

Here is a picture of the whole room yesterday after getting done.
SAM_5124.JPG

Now on to the younger auto's in our bunch..

Dark Devil Auto #2
Day - 33

This promix girl is really strutting her stuff, got it all trained back to a nice an even canopy with 6 main tops and some other smaller ones popping up in the middle. Should be a good size once she's done even though I think the flower stretch is slowing down now. Hopefully the branches go a little more vertical yet, if not, oh well lol I also believe this one is going to be a green pheno, no purple yet, DDA #1 was showing purple calyxes at day 30 or 31.
SAM_5130.JPG

Dark Devil Auto #3
Day - 33

The hempy gal is finally getting some action, I think she's about to go into the flower stretch finally, I noticed some very tiny pistils starting to push out but I couldn't get a picture of them yet. It's been growing like a mature plant for almost a week now so I knew it was coming but didn't know when. Looks like tomorrow will be a good day for her to get a drink and flush out the old left over nutes to see if she will take off for us :)
SAM_5132.JPG

White Widow Auto
Day - 3

We have a mutant on our hands here, only popping out 1 true leaf on the node, should be interesting to watch grow and see how it turns out. Sometimes it's the little deformed plants that really show some great potential in the end. Lets hope so!
SAM_5134.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Ok, so that's the end of our regular programming for today, lets have a look at this badass exhaust we put in the flower room today. I still need to get a flange and some ducting to hook to the inlet on this beast, but even for now it's doing a great job. It's hard to say how much it was doing at the beginning because we had been in the room working and the doors were open for a few hours, so the humidity had dropped to about 55% in there. I know for sure it's sucking because it's pulling on the poly walls with all the negative pressure.

I will be running the ducting from the inlet, to over top of the flowering plants where I will put a Y pipe so I can run another length of ducting to the veg room over top of the plants. For now the fresh air is being drawn in from up above where the floor joists are, eventually I will cut some vents at the floor level in the walls and seal them up with plastic floor heat vents and foam inserts to keep dust out. Also eventually I will get enough poly ordered that I can seal up the ceiling to help prevent light leaks and make a more sealed up environment since I now have the exhaust :) Here are a couple pictures I managed to grab on my phone, lights were out when I went for other pictures.

**Just for the record, it is not still wired up the way it is in the pictures.. This was a test run before actually wiring it up!**

IMG_20170621_152347.jpg
IMG_20170621_152356.jpg

So what you see on the fan right now is the inlet hole, the opposite side has the same size opening but houses the 4 speed electric motor 8amp electric motor. It is exhausting into my attached garage, there was already a 6 inch duct going out there for heat but it hardly does anything (garage not sealed) in the winter, so we built a box around where the hole was, just sealed it up with OSB board and screws, cut the hole for the exhaust end in the OSB board and then set it all up there and screwed it in. The fan box is actually screwed to some 2x4 that we added in for hanging support.

Just had to figure out which wires were which (diagram on side of motor) and go from there. We wired it up with an old extension cord that was rated for this size motor and plugged it in, voila! Until I get some sort of speed controller for it, we just hardwired the common and used a marret on the other for the speed setting, 4 different wires for each speed so I can just change them when I need to. I am no electrician but this seems to do the trick, I know a little bit about this stuff. What I do know is, it's working and I'm happy! 1 step closer to having a more optimal growing environment for my plants, air exchange is key and at this rate I will exchanging the air more than the recommended 3 times per minute I bet! lol

Thanks all for stopping in, hope you enjoyed this long update :) I will get to the flower plants eventually before they get the chop, they need another couple flushes yet, 1 due tomorrow I think. Take care eveyone!
That squirrel cage can was a great idea. It's amazing how you can save money if you just think about it a little lol. Plants looking great too man. Keep it up. Hard to keep up with all you're doing haha

**Just some notes.. **

Gave all the scrog'd plants a feeding today, was a pain in the arse as well.. I need to rig something up so that I can feed from above and have it disperse evenly like the automated feeders, but doesn't need to be automated, just need to be able to pour in the feed when needed. Some day I will rig something up lol
They had straight water last time, now for nutes.. Feeding for them is as follows this time around..
Micro - 5ml, Gro - 5ml, Bloom - 2.5ml, Rapid Start - 2ml, Armour Si - 1.5ml, Diamond Nectar - 5ml, Flora Blend - 5ml, CaliMagic - 3ml

Gave ASD straight water for now while under the T5's, will continue with a light feeding next round to keep her going.

DDA #1 just got some water with a mix of Armour Si and Rapid Start that needed to be used up, about 1.5L .. Regular flower feeding next round.

DDA #2/3 both got fed a transition feeding. #3, the perlite hempy, hasn't popped out any pistils yet but looks like the calyxes have formed at the nodes and it has been growing asymmetrically for about a week now, maybe this will push it a little. #2 is just about done it's flower stretch I figure, only time will tell now.
Feeding was as follows for these 2..
Micro - 4ml, Gro - 4ml, Bloom - 4ml, Rapid Start - 2.5ml, Armour Si - 1.5ml, Diamond Nectar - 3ml, Flora Blend - 3ml, CaliMagic - 2.5ml, Flora Nectar - 3ml

That's about it.. Been running the exhaust fan to keep the humidity lower in the flower room for the last week or so for most of them plants, but it's also bringing down the humidity in the veg room since that is it's only place to draw air from at this time. Hopefully soon I will be able to get some ducting with a couple of dampers and y section to control intake from the veg room so it's not to much. I will also be cutting the intake vents in the walls maybe tomorrow so that will help out to.. things to do, oh things to do.. lol
Idk how sophisticated you need but I've found a funnel to be a life and back saver when watering. You can also hook a hose up to the funnel kind of like a beer bong lol

Thanks miller, I'm getting there. It's been a slow process, picking up things as I go to help upgrade in some way. Next will be ducting, more black/white poly and a couple of LED panels to replace the hps in the flowering room.

Yes the DDA has fattened up quite a bit over the last couple weeks. This is my first real purple plant, it had 2 tops but 1 was broken off so I stopped trying to train it and let it go.

Hey, that's not a bad idea at all, and super simple!! Of course, me being me, I was thinking about making a shelf to set a bucket on and put a valve at the bottom, then run a line from each plant with a watering ring around them that I could leave in place with feed line hanging up somewhere. Then just connect the feed line with the buckets line and open the valve.. Dam why do I have to think so technical when your idea is so simple! AND CHEAPER!! lmao :rofl: Thanks for that man!
Damn that sounds even better. Let me know how it goes if you do it

KISS is the way to go. My dad pounded that in me for years except he added another "S", Keep it Simple Stupid, Steve:rofl:

Yup, I have referred back to this many times lol I don't like to stray off to far into the abyss, but I like to know what's out there :)

That squirrel cage can was a great idea. It's amazing how you can save money if you just think about it a little lol. Plants looking great too man. Keep it up. Hard to keep up with all you're doing haha

Yea it was a great idea! I had to go look at it once my bro in-law mentioned there was an old furnace in his basement. I was dam sure I could find a way to hook it up and voila, it worked. With a little creativity and ambition it went up in a couple hours after getting back home with it. Just had to try and read the diagram on the motor without taking it out to get the right wires. It's way more than I need in there really but it was free, just need to get the ducting and dampers to be able to regulate it some, and possibly a speed controller. I'm only running it when I need to for now, mostly over night.

Idk how sophisticated you need but I've found a funnel to be a life and back saver when watering. You can also hook a hose up to the funnel kind of like a beer bong lol

Yup that is another idea that I thought of as well, then I figured I'd end up making a mess that way when pouring into the funnel and trying to direct the hose, be a 2 man operation lol. But the watering can would be perfect.. Mix my nutes in the bigger bucket I got, then I can put the exact amount I want into the watering can per each plant. I really need it for the ones in the back

Thats what I have done, not done, but basic design is set

The Toro Rain Water valve is auto and needs no PSI to activate

Water24.jpg
Water13.jpg

Back
Top Bottom