Dick23rk's Garden Adventures - More Strains - More Plants - More Buds!

wow.. our Girls are almost exactly the same age..LOL:goodjob:

But I see what you mean on the differences. Mine seem bulky and bushy Buds, but yers have a lot more Hairs than Mine, orange that is
DT_day_56.jpg
DTa_day_56.jpg

What are your thoughts on my Leaves? PH is Good. I think they got Nut Burned or Locked Out. I flushed em a week ago... any ideas? Im sure they have at lest 3-4 weeks ta go

PK_day_56.jpg
PK1_day_56.jpg

Thanks Buddy... I am gunna get Kilimanjaro soon, like I need more Plants...LOL... I love the energy it gives me in Oils...

Yeah you're buds on the DT's are way different looking lol They almost look a bit airy but still somewhat dense.. Mine are small, compact and dense. Maybe 2 different pheno's, who knows lol.

I found that the PK I grew was a little finicky as well, didn't like too much nitrogen I figured. But I didn't have issues like yours are having. It's certainly not nutrient burn, at least not from what I see in those pictures. Nutrient burn would look like you DT's leaves, where it has just a tiny bit of burning at the very tips of the leaves. What you have going on with the PK's is something totally different.. Not sure about a lockout, but possibly a ph issue? Are you ph'ing your runoff when you feed/water to see what it's at? What's your ph going in? Also, are you feeding every time you water or are you giving straight water every 2nd or 3rd time? Any temperature issues? Just trying to narrow things down before I say you should try flushing them to get rid of all the nutes in the medium and start fresh. I don't think it is a lockout issue since it doesn't look like any 1 deficiency. When did this start and what did it look like to start with? I may have to go thru your journal again and think about it lol too many different journals it's hard to remember what everyone is doing.

too many different journals it's hard to remember what everyone is doing.

Especially when you're blasted.:rofl:

That's for dam sure!! haha I'm also still not thinking that clearly yet but it's coming back. I'm sure the pain will kick in here soon and I'll be looking for some edibles to munch on while vegging on the couch haha

man DON'T wait for the pain to kick in, eat some edibles or toke on the pipe and go veg on the couch now.:lot-o-toke:

Lol! I am actually waiting for my smokables to get here in the mail ffs, should have been here yesterday but I don't think the buggers sent it xpresspost, just regular mail. Won't know for certain til it gets here tomorrow as I have been tracking it. But I do have a cookie and a couple suckers. I have been going back and forth from the living room couch, to the patio set loveseat in the garage lol (don't smoke in the house)

Hahaha, the wife would just love that now wouldn't she lol. Trust me, I am not walking fast at all

All I have to say is that I should have entered you in "Member" of the month...hahahahaha

Bahahahah :rofl:

At least my "member" is still a good candidate.. his friends on the other hand have no ties with him anymore and wont be partaking in the fun lmao

**Quick News Update**

Hey folks, got a few new things happening today in the grow room, though I should drop in and share. I will try to get an update on the veg and flower room this weekend at some point, see how I'm doing after moving around so much today lol I am actually feeling fairly good today, better than I thought I would. Only some slight pain from being active, combated with some CBD pills, some Gods Green Crack flowers and now a 90mg THC sucker before bed :) Should work good.

So.. This morning I started drawing up more plans for my DIY scrog nets. I scrapped part of the idea for now on securing them to the plant caddies or inside the grow bag, I didn't think my plan through enough on that end so what I got is what I got, I will improvise somehow!! I started thinking about how much room I'm going to have after they are all in place and realized I'd have no room left lol So I went with 24"x24" and a couple ended up being 24"x23" due to lack of... i dunno .. :rofl: No worries though they all work the same. I got 2 completed and the frames and legs all ready for another other 2, I need more self tapping screws. I will be building 1 or 2 more but they didn't have enough fittings at the hardware store, now did they have the 3-way 90's, I had to buy tees and 90's, upping my costs. I didn't even have to cement the fittings since they were a tight fit and the string will hold them together.

Here are the sizes, measurements and # of pieces needed to do this in case anyone is wondering for the full 24'x24' Again, if you can find 3way 90's it's cheaper, this is a list for how I had to make them.. All pvc is 1/2" electrical conduit and schedule 40 slip fittings.

2 x 16" pvc (frame)
2 x 22" pvc (frame)
4 x 2" pvc (for between 90's and T's on frame)
4 x 16" pvc (legs, can be whatever length you desire)
4 x 90 degree slip fittings
4 x T slip fittings for legs
40 x 3/32"x1/2" self tapping screws (for string)
Soft kitchen/meat string

I'm sure you can figure out how it all goes together from looking at the pictures.. I measured every 2" along the top of the frame for setting in the screws to attach the string to. You should only need 1 length of string for the whole thing if done the way I did it. Start at a corner, go straight across to the other side, hook string on the screw, move to the next screw over, hook it there and come back straight across. Once you have 2 ends of the frame all done you should be at a corner again, wrap the string around the screw a time or 2 then go diagonal (45 degrees) 2" to the other side of the corner so you can start going the other way. Now.. as you start going the other direction you want to weave the string, over 1 string, under the next and so on all the way to the end. Hook onto the screw and move over then repeat the weaving process to come back and keep going til you're done.

Dam I hope that made sense ^^^ :rofl: I will answer any questions because of this description haha
So here they are.. If anyone wants some better pictures or close ups let me know.

SAM_50601.JPG

Now that we have that part all wrapped up.. Lets get on to the next bit of news..
I will hopefully have a new baby in the grow room tomorrow sometime. There is a fun solo cup competition going on with autoflowers and I decided to use my freebie White Widow Auto's from DinaFem. I am using one of my seedling containers with 18oz of medium in it and I modified it for air pruning by drilling 1/4" holes in the container. Should be fun..

SAM_50751.JPG
SAM_5077.JPG

I will be using my promix with about 25% perlite added in but I will have a thin layer of nice chunky perlite at the bottom for good drainage since it will be in this container for it's whole life. I will be feeding the crap out of this one, trying to tinker some more with my mixture of nutes, hopefully I don't overdo it :scratchinghead::rip: I will likely end up having to foliar feed as well if I can get this thing to grow big enough but I will also be searching for other things to help it along it's journey :)

It's in the humidity box now, sitting in a peat pellet awaiting to break ground and be placed in it's final home right away. I will dampen the soil with a light mixture of Rapid Start and Armour Si, should be damp enough that it will grow for maybe 5 days, hopefully getting big enough by then cause I'm going to start hitting it with nutes :morenutes:

SAM_5059.JPG
SAM_50621.JPG
SAM_5063.JPG
SAM_5065.JPG

And.. last but not least!

I am going to start flushing everything in the flower room, we are coming up on 9 weeks of flowering and these suckers aren't fattening up much more. Starting to see more amber trichs here and there so I think it's time. Most of these are 7-8 week strains with the exception of Amnesia Haze and CB Dutch Treat which are 9-10 week strains. AH had already started its flush and is a different age.. And both DT's have been showing a few amber trichomes for a while anyway..

Once these are all flushed and harvested, 4 of the veg plants for sure are going into the flower room and having scrogs set in place. We will see if I have the materials for the 5th one by then. Flush will be for 2 weeks starting tomorrow.

This also means that sometime within the next week or so, I need to decide what to plant next and what I want do or try.. I had thought about a couple of big flux type plants and maybe attach 2 of my scrogs together for 1 plant.. I don't even know what strains I'm going to grow lol Time to get more creative thinking going.. Off to the garage for some more Gods Green Crack! Night everyone!

Good looking flowers, I'd like to see a larger leaf mass on your plants. More leafs (plant energy source, solar panels) equal larger flowers. It takes lots of energy to grow large flowers. But plants look very healthy.

Cheers

Great update! You rocked the scrog. Glad to hear your mobile and on the mend. No holding you back from achieving I see. .

Thanks G2HM! I am pretty satisfied with how the scrogs turned out. Next time I will plan better and make them so I can attach them to container or with bamboo/coated wire stakes in the dirt. Mending up fairly well I am, feeling much better today.. Good thing because I have to go climb up on a roof to measure and give a quote lol

Good looking flowers, I'd like to see a larger leaf mass on your plants. More leafs (plant energy source, solar panels) equal larger flowers. It takes lots of energy to grow large flowers. But plants look very healthy.

Cheers

Well hello miller! Glad you could stop by and have a look.

Do you figure the leaf mass on my vegging plants is ok then? I did defoliate them once but just some larger fans that were in the way and some of the lowest growth. Maybe with these ones (which I plan to scrog) I should just clean up the lower growth when I put the scrogs in place and not bother doing any defoliation at week 3 of flower?

When I grew CBDream last time under my 1200w led panel the buds got almost 3 times the size, now I'm flowering under a 430hps for time being in order to run 2 rooms. I also was thinking that my feeding schedule hasn't been the greatest in the flower room due to working long days and not being able to water/feed as much as I should be. Any thoughts on this?

I am gladly up for a little help where ever I can get it :) I am not a great grower but I have come a long way and know how to get thru to harvest time. It's just time to start improving on harvest weights so I have been trying some different techniques.

Thanks miller!

**Quick Veg Update**

Hey folks, just wanted to stop in with some sort of update this weekend. I didn't get pictures in the flower room yet since by the time I was done cleaning up in there the lights were almost due to go out. But I snapped some quick shots of the veg room, nothing special. The whole flower got it's first straight RO water flush, all the flushes from now til harvest I will be using FloraKleen @ 10ml/gal. All the older vegging girls as well as DDA#1 got straight RO water this time around as well, it was due time for them to get one. The 5gallon DDA's both got fed, we will talk about them shortly..

Everyone is looking as healthy as can be, got lots of nice looking leaves, getting very bushy. I am thinking that I should flower these girls under my led panel.. It can cover more area and I honestly think it does a way better job in flower. I wanted to get the scrogs on asap but will have to wait until tomorrow to go get my screws to finish the other 2. 1 plant will not be getting a scrog this time around, it's just not going to fit the best until I revamp the grow space sometime in the future. In less than 2 weeks we will see things start to change some in the garden :)

On with the quick show!

Amherst Sour Diesel
Day - 61

SAM_50911.JPG

CBD Jam
Day - 61

SAM_50921.JPG

DDA #1
Day - 61

SAM_50931.JPG

Kilimanjaro
Day - 61

SAM_50942.JPG

Purple-Orange CBD
Day - 61

SAM_50952.JPG

Tutankhamon
Day - 61

SAM_5096.JPG

DDA 2/3 Experiment
Day - 30

This experiment hasn't quite been what I had expected so far lol. Both of them got fed yesterday and are both receiving the same amount of nutes and feedings so far as well as training, just at different time frames lol. Feed was as follows..
Micro - 5ml, Gro - 5ml, Bloom - 2.5ml, RapidStart - 3ml, Armour Si - 1ml, Diamond Nectar - 5ml, FloraBlend - 5ml, CaliMagic - 2.5ml
Next feeding for the promix girl may be different as it is over a week through it's transition now, time to give it the transition feed next time or 2 to finish out the stretch. Hempy will continue to get the same feed until it starts flowering, may up the Gro to 7ml.

The promix bucket is doing exceptionally well and showed preflowers on day 20. Got her all trained back pretty well now, I broke 1 of the mains again, but only split it and it didn't even show signs of stress thankfully. Got it splinted and taped up now. This plant will have 6 nice tops since even the lowest node branches have caught right up with the rest, there will also be some other small branches coming off those mains so this should be a nice looking plant!

The hempy bucket is still just crawling along, not sure what's going on with her. Hasn't showed any preflowers yet so the roots must be acting really slow, but it's growing, this is for sure. I managed to get the 2 very small tops bent back and pinned down today without breaking anything, and also got the other 2 shoots below that pinned down. Will be fairly hard to keep the stakes pinned down in the perlite but we will make it work, DDA is so strong it even pulls up my double stakes in promix. I hope to see this one flower soon, once them roots start circling around the reservoir it's going to be a crazy burst of growth for the flower stretch. I can be optimistic, I'm sure this is going to be a good size yet :)

SAM_5097.JPG
SAM_5098.JPG

That's it for today folks, short and sweet lol Take care!

You have the snip mate? Ouch....plants looking great man..

You have the snip mate? Ouch....plants looking great man..

Yup, sure did Grizz. 3 is enough for me lol This way I can be sure there won't be any extras :rofl: It's getting better though! Thanks my friend

Lovely update, your plants are so healthy and beautiful!

Thank you G2HM! I have been pretty lucky with finding a good nutrient mix that all these veg girls are happy with during veg. Soon be time to flower these babies and set in some new scrogs! I will try to stop over and see your girls soon :)

**Quick News Update**

Hello once again everyone, hope you're all doing well! Stopping by with a little update on whats happening around here today.. I got a couple more scrogs done, did a little training on the DDA's and just checking over everything else. Oh yes, and we had a baby born yesterday afternoon, I forgot to put it in last nights post. Lets have a look!

I managed to get 2 more scrogs done and I made these ones bigger since the 24"x24"s that I built just aren't going to be big enough for a couple of the plants, they may not even be big enough for the couple smaller ones but should work. These ones I built are 30"x36" and they are going to be perfect for Tutankhamon and Kilimanjaro I figure :) I was already sizing them up and seem to be lots of room left once they are in place, can't wait to see them in action. I would have liked to build one more for the 5th plant but oh well, not spending anymore right now, will make due with what I have :)

SAM_5099.JPG
SAM_5100.JPG

I haven't messed with any other plants today, just them hard DDA's that keep needing training lol. If it's not training them it's trying to get stakes back in from the branches pulling them out, even on the little hempy girl. I think I got the promix girl all situated now to commence flowering, the stretch is about half way done I figure so just hoping for them shoots to grow up 6 or 8 inches now! It's going to be a lovely plant. Still no signs of preflowers on the hempy DDA but it's showing signs of maturing, the nodes are growing asymmetrically now, hoping for a big stretch by the next feeding :)

No pictures of those 2 plants but I did snap 1 of each room for now, as well as the baby.

SAM_5102.JPG
SAM_5101.JPG

And here is little baby White Widow Auto, she made an appearance yesterday afternoon by poking thru the soil as well as a root just slightly poking out of the peat pellet :) Into the modified container it went with promix, added perlite mixed in as well as a thin layer of nice chunky perlite at the very bottom for good drainage. Dampened the promix before planting with a mild mix of RapidStart and Armour Si. Sitting under the 4 T5's now with humidity dome on.

Day #1

SAM_50781.JPG
SAM_5079.JPG
SAM_5082.JPG
SAM_50881.JPG

Day #2

SAM_5103.JPG

That's about it for now.. I need to go do some measuring and brainstorming as to what to do for fitting my scrogs and switching up the rooms. Humidity gets higher in the flower room than the veg room, so I may switch them up when flower room is done, and I am definitely going to flower with the LED panel and the scrogs, the hps just wont cut it I don't think. Then to decide what to do next run... Lots to think about lol Take care everyone!

Back
Top Bottom