DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

Why waste the time grafting? Are you good at grafting presently? Just stagger the start times by a few weeks or, better yet, just collect the pollen and apply when the female is ready. The females are never "too old" to pollenate, they may just be too close to "harvest" for the seeds to be finished. If you are after seeds just let them go. The females can be pollenated until they are not throwing any white pistils, then wait 4-6 weeks for the seeds to be done.

i suppose you could but im not understanding why you would want to do this i have done plants with just a few branches and always had plenty of flowers to pollinate on the sprayed plant,when i plan to pollinate a second plant i only wait a week to put it in flower so they are only a week apart, if your spraying 2=3 times daily it should not take 4 weeks to see male flowers, the 2 plant way is ideal,but ive found that spraying half a plant (side or top) and letting it go after i see male flowers i get 1-200 seeds doing nothing else, i will shake it a bit lightly if i see open flowers, but if you do this experiment please create a thread and give me a link:thumb:

i have a bunch of the 1 gram bars and they are too short for cs making they only descend down into the water a short ways and i cant get the ppm up over 10ppm i use the pure wire and hang it down into the water 6 inches and it will get to 40ppm fairly fast 2-3 hours
dave you might want to offer the pure wire in 6-8 inch lengths my last set was 13 $ for 2 wires and they will last a few years
i wish i had not tried to use the ingots cuz i got nasty water (the aligator clips touched the water and fouled it) and my ingots are ruined and ugly,i had to start over with the wire i get beautiful golden 40 ppm cs .

I have a $500 silver plating machine that can also be used to make colloidal silver. I will be fine using my .9999 1 gram silver bars I have thousands of them. If I have to smash them down to stretch them to 2" or so I will no problem.

I forgot its been a while....what amperage should I turn my machine to? it has a dimmable amperage between 0-5 amps. I was thinking 2amps.

I have a $500 silver plating machine that can also be used to make colloidal silver. I will be fine using my .9999 1 gram silver bars I have thousands of them. If I have to smash them down to stretch them to 2" or so I will no problem.

I forgot its been a while....what amperage should I turn my machine to? it has a dimmable amperage between 0-5 amps. I was thinking 2amps.

27 volts at 1-2amps is perfect in my experience much higher will make it to dark and funky and the ions will clump up and fall out of solution,i use a ultrasonic wave machine to shatter the clumping and help it reach higher concentrations sometimes but i find the simple method of 3 9volt batteries is perfect,i have a lab grade power supply that does 0-50 volts and 0-2amps and i fried it by leaving it to long and it shorted it out when the silver got to up to around 80ppm i was pissed it cost $500 and i only had it a year now i have to find someone with a osillascope to get it fixed live and learn 3 9volts are alot cheaper

it's just another form of cloning in my mind since your just recreating the exact same plant in storable seed form

This is exactly the question I came here to ask! Does this approach to making fem seeds really produce reasonably close copies of the mother/father plant or are you getting something closer to the gene pool that produced the mother/father plant, meaning you'd potentially get all the inherent variations that exist in the strain (or worse, if the strain isn't stable enough)

I'm really curious about this because when I find that keeper, I don't want to have to rely on clones to keep it going. :)

This is exactly the question I came here to ask! Does this approach to making fem seeds really produce reasonably close copies of the mother/father plant or are you getting something closer to the gene pool that produced the mother/father plant, meaning you'd potentially get all the inherent variations that exist in the strain (or worse, if the strain isn't stable enough)

I'm really curious about this because when I find that keeper, I don't want to have to rely on clones to keep it going. :)
hey there thanks for swingin in and asking about this, basically what i have seen in my exp with making fem seeds from my favorite strains i did not want to lose nor rely on clones and dont want to cross with another strain, and even in some cases such as my urkle i want the assurance of a clone with long term storability , i have found that the seeds i made from a plant are from what i can tell from memory and pictures exactly the same as its mother im guessing its due to the fact that there's no new dna being introduced it expresses like a clone, if i find otherwise i will surly come share that here and whatever journal im currently working on, i have a blue mystic i just started a month ago and its the spitting image of the mother it came from i even looked at pics and you would think they were the same plant!!:rocker: :headbanger:

I just crossed an original hindu kush female with my girl scout cookies x G 13 male. I will find a good pheno to mother and clone . does the feminzation process make the seeds so that they don't hermaphrodite? I am not down with herms. I have a really stable strain, that is really strong and resillient to pests and mold, but if feminized aren't going to herm on me, then maybe I will start making those. Has anyone had anyone had problems with hermaphrodites with feminized seeds?:peace:

i have never grown any fem seed mine or from a seed bank that wont produce at least a couple nanners i would not call it a hermie necessarily (unless its covered early in flower) some are more prone than others and have very rarely had issues with unwanted seed, i just finished harvesting 5 plants all had at least a couple nanner pop late in flower but no seed at all, the late nanner is not an issue imho because it takes at least 3 weeks for seed to develop,also many nanners are empty or never open,if im worried i lightly mist with distilled water, i move air around them but not directly on them, making fem seed is forcing the plant to hermie to get the feminized pollen so its always possible to see nanners

there are degrees in my work , some are very prone to herm and i generally get rid of them if they show a nanner any sooner than 3 weeks before chop, now for serious breeding projects i dont use fem seed, strictly regular and tested against hermie,
but for fun and practice and general purpose growing the fem seed works fine, and making your own save alot of money and if you watch them close you can pull a freakozoid before it can do any harm, the vast majority are fine thus the're popularity and success:thumb:

what i can tell from memory and pictures exactly the same as its mother im guessing its due to the fact that there's no new dna being introduced it expresses like a clone

That is awesome, awesome news BID! For me it's extra critical because I am extremely "strain sensitive". I used to get only low-grade because I thought the high-end stuff was just "too strong", either putting me to sleep like chloroform, or giving me an anxiety attack. That was before I knew about the incredible genetic diversity and range of effects that could be coaxed out of this plant. The day I stumbled onto (well, actually a friend pushed me into it) a strain that my personal chemistry was in tune with, it was practically a religious experience! LOL

But, for example, the absolute WORST experience I've ever had was OG Kush. I hear nothing but praise for it, and my friend, whom I consider a connoisseur due to the insane range of medical grade he's had access to for years, evangelized it as his absolute favorite strain. But when I tried it, it actually made me feel angry for no reason at all and I had this irritating burning sensation behind my ears and around the back of my head. It was an awful, miserable experience.

I gave that back to my friend and he was perplexed, but traded me for some Master Kush that he felt was "okay, but not really strong enough" and that was what started my REAL journey of interest in this plant that I *thought* I knew and loved since junior high.

That MK (which I still believe HAD to have been mislabelled) was something I never would have dreamt existed: I was totally buzzed, yet my thinking was crystal clear and sharper than normal. It was like all the background chatter was getting filtered out of my brain and I had amazing focus. And there was no urge whatsoever to hit the couch and zone out on TV or games, I did not want to sit down! I wasn't hyper like caffeine, just really, really motivated to DO something. And normally the last thing I want is the phone ringing or someone unexpectedly at the door, but this time I had no concern at all. I knew I could totally deal with whatever came up. Just amazing, positive, clear-headed, motivated euphoria.

I wish all those people who equate herb with alcohol and say silly things like "people smoke dope to escape reality" could've been in my head experiencing what I experienced. The right strain enhances everything that's good and positive in life, it doesn't dull or obscure them and it's not a replacement for them. I think moderation and access to the right strain are key. I also think having a few different "perfect" strains that you can change up once in awhile is helpful too.

So yeah, my thing is definitely to hunt down those special strains/phenos that hit me right and make sure they're always within reach. :Namaste:

well mr. boscoe you sound like a man after my heart i am very picky as to what strains i like,im hunting them down, im of the sort that i would rather pass than use a strain i dont love or it helps me with something, to me losing 3 hours of my life to an un wanted effect is not worth it or the 2 hours of my life i'll never get back,nothing i hate more than a bad sativa induced paranoid afternoon,but a great sativa inspired creative binge of art & music creation is a treasured delight!
im easier happy with indicas at night all im in need of there is some painkiller and coma like sleep GDP fits the bill well
so keeping those strains that do me right is of great importance to me and thats why i was drawn to this method of preservation. im glad you found it and i'll be glad to help you with whatever i can ! :rocker:

27 volts at 1-2amps is perfect in my experience much higher will make it to dark and funky and the ions will clump up and fall out of solution,i use a ultrasonic wave machine to shatter the clumping and help it reach higher concentrations sometimes but i find the simple method of 3 9volt batteries is perfect,i have a lab grade power supply that does 0-50 volts and 0-2amps and i fried it by leaving it to long and it shorted it out when the silver got to up to around 80ppm i was pissed it cost $500 and i only had it a year now i have to find someone with a osillascope to get it fixed live and learn 3 9volts are alot cheaper

Have you taken the power supply apart and looked inside? Most adjustable power supplies will have either a fuse or a fusible link on the output so they are easy to repair. I work with a number of them at my work and every single one has a fuse, either externally accessed or internal somewhere.

Thats is a most solid description & SUPER diagram!
I have been making CS for a couple of years.
I use it as a sinus infection flush & general Flu stopper.
I built a cool 3 ma current limiter circuit into my box .
look up in the files of the Yahoo ,the colloidalsilver2 discussion group by 'Herx13'
luck,
Slag

Have you taken the power supply apart and looked inside? Most adjustable power supplies will have either a fuse or a fusible link on the output so they are easy to repair. I work with a number of them at my work and every single one has a fuse, either externally accessed or internal somewhere.

Another thought, if you do have to get it repaired, you should add a fuse into you leads so you don't short the supply next time.
i do plan to get it fixed one day its also my tattoo machine supply and it was like 450 bux! i did check the fuse and its fine in fact it has 2 and both are good according to my tester.

Thats is a most solid description & SUPER diagram!
I have been making CS for a couple of years.
I use it as a sinus infection flush & general Flu stopper.
I built a cool 3 ma current limiter circuit into my box .
look up in the files of the Yahoo ,the colloidalsilver2 discussion group by 'Herx13'
luck,
Slag
cs is very useful and handy stuff i always have a few qts around, thanks for the positive vibes man! i'll go check that out later, been on a bay hunt for mechanical mods and rebuild able dripping atomizers for my vapor cloud chasing hobby!
but after i win my auctions i'll get back to my usual forum habits lol :rocker:

smoking is dead! vapor is the future! and the future is now!!

i do plan to get it fixed one day its also my tattoo machine supply and it was like 450 bux! i did check the fuse and its fine in fact it has 2 and both are good according to my tester.
That's odd if the fuses are good, and it failed then I would suggest checking:

#1 - That your fuse ratings are correct, including either fast blow or slow blow type. If you have never changed them, this shouldn't be a problem.

#2 - After the fuse checks it gets more complicated and depends on type of power supply. Is it digital or analog, and can you get a schematic or are there a very few number of components?

If you have a make and model, I would be glad to make some suggestions. If you are already familiar with electronics just let me know and I will stop bugging you. I happen to have worked in the electronics field for a long time and am happy to assist where I can.

p.s. After reading your thread, I made my own colloidal silver generator, thanks for the motivation and suggestions on voltage and current. This one is around 14VDC @ 1/2A.
IMG_7987.JPG

IMG_79901.JPG

Back
Top Bottom