Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Not a big deal. Trust me

Haha good, I spend a fraction of that amount of time mixing mine up :rofl: 2 hours, man you really were meticulous, not sure you will get much benefit from that much mixing but its not like its gonna hurt anything more then your back :thumb:

That's for two plants. Think of it this way:

1 oz per 6 plants
1 oz=30ml.....therefore 5ml a plant. That's a "normal" dose. Some of us feed stronger, many of us add transplant to every watering, etc.

Hey doc just a quick question. You recommended 1 oz drench per 6 plants now, is the original 1/2 oz drench plus 2.5 mil tea per 6 not enough now?

OK....so if you're feeding 2 in veg, just mix up 10ml of drench plus 7mils of Transplant plus 3mils of tea in a gallon of water and feed both plants a half gallon. That's your formula.

That's pretty much what I do...the math is second nature now.....I just add 5mils per plant of drench.

Again, that's the minimum drench that works well for most applications. Some strains might adjust upwards....also, once you get familiar with the products you might make your own custom feeding schedule.

Dunking plants in veg.....try using a stronger Growth Energy drench to get strong, thick stems and better clones.
Watering in bloom.....in a typical 7 gallon pot, I'll use a gallon per plant, maybe 1/2 slowly poured down the top, the rest in the saucer.

The reason I list the intructions per sq. ft. is because the products are designed for sprayers, fertigation, etc. They are perfectly adaptable to larger scale greenhouse ops, farming and the like. Lots of folks are using hose-end sprayers to water their gardens....1 or 2 oz per tray, in the sprayer.....that sort of thing.

I edited a mistake above: I said 10mils per plant and I meant 5. 10 won't hurt....but it might not help much. Start with 5 and adjust upwards if necessary.

Remember, the drenches aren't "plant food." They are microbe food. The minerals and the foliar sprays provide the nutrition. The drenches provide voltage...literally.

I think a lot of us newer high brix growers are guilty of forgetting about this very important part, I am certainly guilty of it. Whenever something starts to look less than perfect I focus on the drenches or times when they need fed more I worry about drenching more and was ignoring foliar spraying more often during times of heavy demand. My plushberry was starting to munch her fan leaves kinda early this time until I hit them with a second brix spraying a couple days after the last one. This time at the start of lights on and they seem happier now.

Doc, you said you use a cement mixer to mix your amendment, worm castings and pro mix. using my hands and doing it right it took me over 2 hours, I was pretty wore out afterwards. I meticulously went through the soil breaking up all clumps any larger than a sweet pee. Do you think big problems would arise for growers that are a little lazy in this area?

I wouldn't say "big problems," would come about, but it's conceivable that you could scoop out soil with no amendment in it for one plant, and soil with more than it should have for another. Once in the large containers it's not that critical because the roots are going to find the stuff they need anywhere in the pot.

Haha good, I spend a fraction of that amount of time mixing mine up :rofl: 2 hours, man you really were meticulous, not sure you will get much benefit from that much mixing but its not like its gonna hurt anything more then your back :thumb:

So it sounds like No one is doing the Mix ?
Good1, Dog

It was a pleasure working with the soil breaking up the chunks of peat. Great exercise! I used a tarp and flipped it this way and that. Doc says to mix it up well anyway. Just trying to follow the directions:thumb:

Ah Nanda Devi, you must've spotted that one just now :) Yeah, it's a pure sativa from Himalayas closely related to Nepalese Highland. They are all very similar plants actually in this part of the Asia from what I've seen. They use them almost exclusively to get charas, nice stuff :) High is something of a holy thing, euphoric, erotic, but very spiritual. The cream of my crop this year next to Malawi Gold, and Orient Express. Smell now, after trimming, resembles fermented forest fruits with spice on the top. No bag appeal, almost no resin, and absolutely fantastic :)

Just so we don't hijack the thread, click my journal, there you can check her out throughout the grow, man.

Thx for the space, Doc!

Update time:

I've finally got some yellowing fan leaves, late in week 9, on the LED plants. Paki, Champagne, more Grape Ape, and Purple Cadi. Veg room stuff.

Busy week of harvest/replanting coming up in about 10 days.

Picture_03943.jpg

Picture_03746.jpg

Picture_03552.jpg

Picture_03457.jpg

Picture_03367.jpg

Picture_03266.jpg

Picture_03167.jpg

Picture_03068.jpg

Picture_02966.jpg

Picture_02871.jpg

Picture_02772.jpg

Picture_02678.jpg

Picture_02589.jpg

Picture_02479.jpg

Picture_02384.jpg

Picture_02288.jpg

Picture_02199.jpg

Picture_020107.jpg

Picture_019107.jpg

Picture_018117.jpg

Picture_017110.jpg

Picture_016111.jpg

Picture_015142.jpg

Picture_014158.jpg

Picture_013160.jpg

Picture_012176.jpg

Picture_011179.jpg

Picture_010195.jpg

Picture_009201.jpg

Picture_008199.jpg

Picture_007222.jpg

Picture_006241.jpg

Picture_005262.jpg

Picture_004274.jpg

Picture_003281.jpg

Picture_002279.jpg

Picture_002279.jpg

Picture_001284.jpg

Let me guess.."...and its gone!"

Not all the Champagne is taken yet. Everything else......gone.

As of yesterday, I do not have a single bud of MJ in my possession. I've got sugar leaf trim only. The rest.....gone.

One guy said he's using the time between harvests to stop smoking to get his tolerance down. There are at least a dozen delivery services that would come to his door in 20 minutes but he's been ruined by me....total snob.

Love love love the color of purple!

Beautiful!

Speaking of journals....getting ready for #2 soon from my first breeding project which is a purple. I did a little outdoor sample and it was amazing. Strong fuel aroma, nice colors and a real good kick.

Throughout my grows in high brix I have always had some kind of leaf curling off and on and I really do think its the water. So I am looking to get an RO system of some sort. A garden hose RO unit would be perfect if it exists.

What do you think of garden hose filters that are available?

Or is it just best to get an RO system? Do we all use RO?

Any2

Beautiful!

Speaking of journals....getting ready for #2 soon from my first breeding project which is a purple. I did a little outdoor sample and it was amazing. Strong fuel aroma, nice colors and a real good kick.

Throughout my grows in high brix I have always had some kind of leaf curling off and on and I really do think its the water. So I am looking to get an RO system of some sort. A garden hose RO unit would be perfect if it exists.

Any2

You can get ROs that connect to a hose bib.

Beautiful!

Any2

RO isn't always the best, but it's always workable and you can overcome the lack of minerals by adding rocks....which is what we're all about. If you have crappy water, high in nitrates, you'll have issues for sure.

Back
Top Bottom