Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

2015-04-01_20_59_26.jpg

I just wanted to see if I'm right on this. My theory is that the hydration introduced during bud washing extends the drying time and the harvest simply cures better because of it.

Did I get any stars for that one Doc?

Would make sense to me because I don't know what else to chalk it up to. I swear it just comes out better even if it is just a little bit. It is always a little bit smoother. Potency is the same but something smooth about the washing. Its crazy, man, good work man. Must be fun tinkering and playing around.

Would make sense to me because I don't know what else to chalk it up to. I swear it just comes out better even if it is just a little bit. It is always a little bit smoother. Potency is the same but something smooth about the washing. Its crazy, man, good work man. Must be fun tinkering and playing around.

I theorize that the extra moisture allows for some photosynthesis to occur, which sweetens it up a bit.

I theorize that the extra moisture allows for some photosynthesis to occur, which sweetens it up a bit.

That makes perfect sense.

I have been thinking (that can be very dangerous for me) would I be able to use the two full bag of the pro mix 2.2 cuft for a total of 2.2 cuft of pro mix for the kits or would that through everything off

Which ever way you go, don't forget plenty of EWC.

Wow i must have been half baked that was suppose to be 4.4 for the total. But any way I will be getting soil and earth worm castings this week and I hope to have enough left over after I order my light to get a high brix kit this weekend

Wow i must have been half baked that was suppose to be 4.4 for the total. But any way I will be getting soil and earth worm castings this week and I hope to have enough left over after I order my light to get a high brix kit this weekend

I used 30 lbs of Wiggle Worm and 3.8cuft with Doc's Kit and got about 52 gallons of soil. If that helps you decide how much of everything you need.

I used 30 lbs of Wiggle Worm and 3.8cuft with Doc's Kit and got about 52 gallons of soil. If that helps you decide how much of everything you need.

Yep, ditto (roughly - depends on how fluffy or packed you fill your pots) :thumb:

I like to fill the pots half way pack it down then fill it the rest of the way and give it one more gentle push down

Please don't compact the soil! Gently fill it to the top, gently water a bit from the top....and use a saucer to let water wick up from the bottom.

Even if you don't use the saucer and only top water.....DON"T COMPACT the soil! You'll have much better success if it can breathe.

The soil will compact all by itself as you water - leaves a little room for top-dressing down the road.

Will do from now on thanks for the advice. I felt like I was losing space for the roots of I didn't pack it down a lil I have packed it to tight before and my plants suffored from it but I have since made changes and have not had any problems since but from now on i will do no more. While we are on dos and don'ts is it ok that I will be using fabric pots this is the first year I have used them so far I can really tell a difference except the roots don't spider web the inside of the pot is that good or bad

Will do from now on thanks for the advice. I felt like I was losing space for the roots of I didn't pack it down a lil I have packed it to tight before and my plants suffored from it but I have since made changes and have not had any problems since but from now on i will do no more. While we are on dos and don'ts is it ok that I will be using fabric pots this is the first year I have used them so far I can really tell a difference except the roots don't spider web the inside of the pot is that good or bad

Fabric seems to work very well for many people. No problem at all using them.

Doc, once the soil is cooked how long can it be stored? I'm starting with one 7 gallon Geo Pot, but face it, we all know I'm going to want to expand. I have 15# of EWC, so I might as well mix up a half batch, right?

Thanks Doc. So excited I'm dancing a jig and grinning ear-to-ear. WooHoo!!!

Since I'll be doing a SWICK I believe it's in my best interest to add more perlite to the mix. I was just going to wing it, but I thought it might be best to ask.

Half a batch: half the bale of Promix + entire 15# bag of Wiggle Worm EWC + 1/2 bag of amendment + ????? Perlite.

How much would you suggest Doc? With LOS it's up to 25% additional aeration additive.

Sue, I know Doc will have the right answer, but IMO, if you want to truly experience the difference in HB soil compared to your usual soil, I'd stick with the kit as designed ... at least once. More perlite means less minerals and probably throws a small wrench in the kit formulation.

Back
Top Bottom