Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Hey Doc I have a questions where can I pick up some Rock N Chicken? I already picked up some Azomite, soft rock phosphate, pro mix, work castings, Ancient Forest, limestone & I had to substitute in some Happy Frog bone meal. Will this be ok also should I add some tea & molasses to the mixture while it's sitting in storage bin?

have you grown the strain before? More triches are coming, and I bet they'll stay cloudy for ya.

No I haven't Doc.

In the room now are 3 freebies; Dinafem - Power Kush (Afg x Sk), SamSara - El Alchemista (NL x AK), and Spicy White Devil (JH x BB), and 2 of our own WW x Querkle.

I have yet to repeat grow anything I had seeds for a second time besides clones of them. My last 2 orders from the Tude gave me a bunch of freebies. I have been whittling away at them the last few grows. All have turned out very good to excellent, except for the ones that didn't sprout of course. All I have left from the freebies is one auto SamSara - Super Sonic Crystal Storm (Low Rider x Black Domina).

I have a few ordered seeds that might repeat soon, mainly Kannabia - Original Berry, EVERYONE who smoked her loved her. And she was a very good producer. But for now it's been fun finding out how different strains grow, and how good they are. And which strains I would buy after trying the freebies. Top of the list is of course Dutch Passion White Widow and Dinafem Diesel.

My friend really wants to try something with a lot of color. A few were supposed to be colorful, but they were all disappointing as far as color goes. But, color doesn't get you high.

Picture_01357.jpg
Picture_01270.jpg
Picture_01170.jpg
Ah! I'll offer this then...there's probably an ounce or two from the second part of my harvest that I would have thrown in with the trim if I weren't making concentrates...I loose patients quickly trimming small buds.

One of the reasons I'm moving to SOGs is headroom in my new grow room, the ceiling is only 7' 4"...so I'm trying to use the space I will have efficiently.

Obviously its going to vary, but on average, how tall would you say your girls finish?

I'm thinking it would be cool to run 25 3 gallon pots right next to 16 5 gallon pots, each in a 4x4 footprint, to see how they would compare, but I'm wondering if and how to top them in the larger pots. I've got a while to go before I'll be ready for such a test, but I'm always trying to work things out in my head. Im also not exactly sure how differently they are going to grow with the CO2 enrichment, but that's all part of the fun!

:ganjamon:

FWIW, I put 6-8 plants max under a 1000 watt on a mover. In my 3x6 tray I have 10 plants (the PE and Strawberry Cough) under 2000 watts. I get 3-5 oz of good bud per plant depending on the strain. They are anywhere from 3 to 5 feet tall, again, depending on the strain.

Hey Doc I have a questions where can I pick up some Rock N Chicken? I already picked up some Azomite, soft rock phosphate, pro mix, work castings, Ancient Forest, limestone & I had to substitute in some Happy Frog bone meal. Will this be ok also should I add some tea & molasses to the mixture while it's sitting in storage bin?

You'll definitely grow higher brix with that mix. I don't know where you could get Rock n Chicken other than the web. My local shop has it, but I've not seen it anywhere else. You could always just use composted chicken manure.....you already have the SRP.

No I haven't Doc.

In the room now are 3 freebies; Dinafem - Power Kush (Afg x Sk), SamSara - El Alchemista (NL x AK), and Spicy White Devil (JH x BB), and 2 of our own WW x Querkle.

I have yet to repeat grow anything I had seeds for a second time besides clones of them. My last 2 orders from the Tude gave me a bunch of freebies. I have been whittling away at them the last few grows. All have turned out very good to excellent, except for the ones that didn't sprout of course. All I have left from the freebies is one auto SamSara - Super Sonic Crystal Storm (Low Rider x Black Domina).

I have a few ordered seeds that might repeat soon, mainly Kannabia - Original Berry, EVERYONE who smoked her loved her. And she was a very good producer. But for now it's been fun finding out how different strains grow, and how good they are. And which strains I would buy after trying the freebies. Top of the list is of course Dutch Passion White Widow and Dinafem Diesel.

My friend really wants to try something with a lot of color. A few were supposed to be colorful, but they were all disappointing as far as color goes. But, color doesn't get you high.

You'll be OK, bro. Just don't over or under feed! ( under is better than over. You'll get the hang of it.)

doc whats your opinion on mushroom compost,gypsum,and composted steer manure?
to go along with my mix, i have many bags of stuff sitting around but im unsure how to blend (ratios) is there a place that has good recipes for soil that i could compare my list of goodies against?

Well, I use gypsum. But compost and steer manure are out for High Brix....unless you've got really low potassium soil, IE sand. If you want a good recipe for soil, you could try my journals. Their free.....Soil reports, which I post cost 60 bucks to me....free to you. You could try copying me if you like the results....otherwise I highly recommend getting a soil test before you start adding your favorite stuff.

Dam steer manure sounds like some strong ish!

It's way too strong for High Brix growing. Way too much salt and no telling what hormones, anti-biotics or pathogens are in it.

Here's what it looks like done nearly correct. The next run will be better!
Picture_01080.jpg
Picture_00981.jpg
Picture_00883.jpg
Picture_00788.jpg
Picture_006104.jpg
Picture_005115.jpg
Picture_004130.jpg
Picture_003131.jpg
Picture_002130.jpg
Picture_001134.jpg
IMG_18117.JPG
IMG_18107.JPG

BTW, these clones you see, the ones just starting to bloom were all mite infested. I didn't spray 'em...just let the high brix soil do the trick. No mites at all. The few little spots on the leaves are residue from Amaze.

well of course your journals doc i started this one over again this morning, i guess what i was getting at was the junk i have i didnt figure you were using it, its hard to get common soils n such here unless you want whats at wallyz and homely dee, im creating different soils for indoor,outdoor, cannabis,veggies,herbs,houseplants, i figured with the manure id put that outside, for cannabis i'll follow your blends as much as i can, im gonna most likely end up finding stuff online and paying shipping (grrrr) i wish i knew where to find local rockdusts im sure theres great stuff here in az

well of course your journals doc i started this one over again this morning, i guess what i was getting at was the junk i have i didnt figure you were using it, its hard to get common soils n such here unless you want whats at wallyz and homely dee, im creating different soils for indoor,outdoor, cannabis,veggies,herbs,houseplants, i figured with the manure id put that outside, for cannabis i'll follow your blends as much as i can, im gonna most likely end up finding stuff online and paying shipping (grrrr) i wish i knew where to find local rockdusts im sure theres great stuff here in az

Well, you could start by getting your backyard soil tested.

Home Depot carries promix.....

I ordered the entire broadcast....nearly 100 pounds, all pre-mixed by the fertilizer brokerage. Just under 200 bucks for enough for about 3 years.

Add another 100 bucks for foliar sprays and a few other nutrient doo-dads.....allow for buying new bales of promix.....and I'm almost in the OC+ territory as far as expense goes.

Here's a tip:

Professional growers of OTHER crops have to:

1.)grow high quality crops
2.)save money

We can learn from them, spend less AND get better quality. Just spend a few bucks on soil tests.

Revise I didn't get the happy frog I'm going to go to hdepot to get some gypsum & I'll check online for the rock n chicken. Will the bat guano I mixed in already throw things off a bit?

They're turning out really nice! :thanks:

I learned something good today:

My strawberry cough are the heaviest yielding of that strain my friend has ever seen. He's been growing 35 years. When I told him I started them on 12/12 he was floored.

High Brix baby! It makes something already good even better.

That's awesome! :high-five: Makes you also start to wonder about strains that might have disappointed... :hmmmm: Could be a whole new ballgame with high Brix! :)

Awesome, just awesome plants. When I grow up, I want to be just like you. :bravo: DocBud

:thanks:

Ok since it is mixed in already (not a lot) what should I do to correct my mistake?

Well, you could get another bag of soil and either start over or dilute the bag you already mixed? Or, you could just grow it out and settle for a really nice harvest and look forward to the next one!

That's awesome! :high-five: Makes you also start to wonder about strains that might have disappointed... :hmmmm: Could be a whole new ballgame with high Brix! :)

If is a new ball game bro. :cheer: just like green beans or tomatos....if they taste like cardboard, no one wants them. But if they're delicious...welll, you get the picture.

Plants look amazing doc as always with you it seems.
Been lurking for a while as I'm reading though vapes lasts grow,
Just thought I would mention I received my bag of high octaine fertiliser today gunna see how
It grows while I'm setting up for full high brix.

Great work and thank you for all you for all your knowlage.
Smooth

Hi Doc Bud,
Nice to meet ya.
Long story short, have had a tough time with soil + synthetics. They never seem to reach thier full potential.
In my search for a better/easier way, i found this sight and a lot of great ideas.
Ended up in the "journals in progress" and read a grow by Icemud, which led to your grow and the High Brix.
Very interesting approach.

So I've gone out and got most of the ingredients needed from your current Brix recipe.
??? Can I substitute this Chickity Doo Doo Organic Fertilizer is Derived from 100% Chicken Manure for the Rock N Chicken or is the N to high???
Or can/should i adjust the amount ?

4x4 mylar walls with 1000 hps water cooled with co2. Night temp 70-73. Day temp 75-82. Humidity 55%
I currently have 5 females on 12/12 with flowers showing up this week. Soil is Pro-mix BX with nothing added.
Right now I'm using the Techno-flora Recipe for success (what a joke) nutes.
Is there anything I can do to help them along with my current list of ingredients?

Pro-mix HP
Pro-mix BX
Worm castings
Ancient forest (internet order on its way)
your 6-5-3 ingredients
Azomite (internet order on its way)
Chickity doo doo
Amaze-Bloomit-PGR (internet order on its way)
Happy frog
Super Course perlite
Technaflora "recipe for success" lineup
General organics "Go Box" nutes
Humboldt
- Crystal Burst
- Snow Storm Ultra
- Gravity

Any help would be great till I can get some soil cooking.
Also is your current soil recipe still to hot for clone coming out of a mist cloner? What should I use for the top half?

I also have Terreau d'empotage et suppléments naturels | MYKE "Myke, annual and perennial transplanter, 0.1-0.1-0.5, contains Mycorrhizae, can I use this as a root innoculant?

And I also have a bottle of Hygrozyme I forgot to list.

Organic teas and floliar sprays are like Chinese to me, got any links to recipes that might also help?

Once again many thanks, I'm behind in the game but ill study hard and learn fast.

Back
Top Bottom