Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Yeah I wish I didn't get the PM because I wouldn't have foliar sprayed at all after the buds started thickening, but I think now that I have a portable UV-C light, I may just use that for mold control, so far it seems to work well :) BTW I tested my brix levels today, some interesting results overall :)

Icemud said:
Yeah I wish I didn't get the PM because I wouldn't have foliar sprayed at all after the buds started thickening, but I think now that I have a portable UV-C light, I may just use that for mold control, so far it seems to work well :) BTW I tested my brix levels today, some interesting results overall :)

Care to share? I'm interested.

Edit: Nvm I just caught up on your journal again and seen your levels.

Great stuff Doc! I've been keeping up, but have been a bit busy to post much!

I'm wondering...will we be able to order the same broadcast with the lab test number you posted? Not that I mind spending $60...it sounds like the return on that investment is going to be through the roof...but it would be a huge time saver!

:thanks: for posting the results that you paid for! :thumb: :high-five: :bravo:

I thought your description of what's going on in the soil makes a lot of sense...that's probably why my Brix readings were all over the place late in my grow, and why Ice's were so consistently high earlier on... I can't wait to try again with what I've learned! :)

I'm not sure if I read the test results correctly, but it looked like there were desired levels of humus, and maybe some other stuff as well, but I didn't see a recommendation about how much organic matter to add. Will you be amending with anything besides the broadcast?

:thanks: again brother!

:ganjamon:

Hey Doc, got the foilar sprays today, was wondering if you think they would be applicable in a hydro set up as well :D
p.s
Its hard to not go trigger happy with that stuff...lmao

The sprays are useless in hydro. They are designed to increase root exudates which feed microbes.

Great stuff Doc! I've been keeping up, but have been a bit busy to post much!

I'm wondering...will we be able to order the same broadcast with the lab test number you posted? Not that I mind spending $60...it sounds like the return on that investment is going to be through the roof...but it would be a huge time saver!

:thanks: for posting the results that you paid for! :thumb: :high-five: :bravo:

I thought your description of what's going on in the soil makes a lot of sense...that's probably why my Brix readings were all over the place late in my grow, and why Ice's were so consistently high earlier on... I can't wait to try again with what I've learned! :)

I'm not sure if I read the test results correctly, but it looked like there were desired levels of humus, and maybe some other stuff as well, but I didn't see a recommendation about how much organic matter to add. Will you be amending with anything besides the broadcast?

:thanks: again brother!

I only shared about 1/2 of the recommendation. There's a bit more that I'm holding back for now, including and especially foliar recommendations. The Humus content is low....but it would come up by April with the broadcast done in November, and even better year over year. I'll duplicate that via "cooking" the soil. I am not going to add Humus right off the bat, but the organic material I'll add will do quite well. Also, the carbonized limestone is basically High Calcium Limestone coated in Leonardite---humic acid. Lot's of very clever things going on at International Ag Labs.

I also have new recommendations for mixing Amaze, PGR and Bloomit, which I will share after I try them and don't kill my plants.

Stay tuned!

Doc,

I just happen to have a 5lb bag of calcium nitrate lying around from my old hydro pepper days.

However I have nothing written down about how much to use. Any suggestions?

I don't know how much.....I'd start with 1/8 cup per gallon and see what happens. Ain't it fun being the first to try something? I do it all the time. I'd rather know ahead of time....but when you're pushing the envelope there's not a lot of advice at first.

its so fun reading this stuff. way over my head right now but im really intrigued and definitely prefer soil to hydro/aero. using salt-based ferts right now that i had left over from my hydro setup.. but would like to go organic and eventually high brix.

by the time i need to start getting ready for my next grow, hopefully i'll have absorbed some of this and can start playing too!

Pics!

Pineapple Express, harvesting this week. I love this plant! I want to grow it several times again. Very easy to grow, nice yield, and great smell and structure. I vaped two of the lowermost popcorn buds and the taste and effect were just fantastic. Super bright, upbeat....makes you want to to yoga or tai chi or surf, swim....etc. Great meds!

IMG_18078.JPG
IMG_18083.JPG

I'll get some Strawberry couch shots in a day or two. They've got maybe 2 weeks.

Here are the Lemon Paki and Shaman starting week 3 of bloom. I've learned a thing or two and fortified, mineralized the soil after 1 week of 12/12 and have managed to avoid the flat spot some of us have experienced with the High Brix grows. These plants have got the shine, and are exactly what I hope to grow consistently in the future.

IMG_18117.JPG
IMG_18107.JPG
IMG_18065.JPG
IMG_18055.JPG
IMG_18025.JPG
IMG_18034.JPG
IMG_18044.JPG
IMG_18013.JPG

They look beautiful bro...and the effects sound amazing. I told you I've been hearing nothing but good about the PE! :high-five:

I'm starting to think I've ben focusing too much on indica dominant strains. They work well on pain, but unless you build up a tolerance...watch out! :lot-o-toke:

By the way...I'll get that high Brix shine on my next grow if I have to use pledge! :)

They look beautiful bro...and the effects sound amazing. I told you I've been hearing nothing but good about the PE! :high-five:

I'm starting to think I've ben focusing too much on indica dominant strains. They work well on pain, but unless you build up a tolerance...watch out! :lot-o-toke:

By the way...I'll get that high Brix shine on my next grow if I have to use pledge! :)

Hey bro....remind me again, how many watts you use in lighting?

Hey bro....remind me again, how many watts you use in lighting?

1k with a Lumatek...Some of it's probably wasted with the XXXL hood though, it's really meant for a larger footprint than 4x4...but I didn't know that when I bought it. I'm planning on 8" Blockbusters in the new room.

What were you thinking?

1k with a Lumatek...Some of it's probably wasted with the XXXL hood though, it's really meant for a larger footprint than 4x4...but I didn't know that when I bought it. I'm planning on 8" Blockbusters in the new room.

What were you thinking?

I'm trying to figure out how much you hauled compared to my grows under 1k with larger pots. I usually get about 1.25 pounds per light, with like 6-8 plants per light....give or take.

Doc,

Another strange observance of this grow is the trichomes are not the normal golf ball on a tee looking ones. They are shorter and less of them and all seem to be cloudy already on all 4 strains, and I am only approaching the end of the 5th week of flowering.

Ok as you guys are talking lights I have a question. I just ordered a 2nd 400w unit, now when I install this should I run the two lights at 50% and continue to provide 400w of light initially or do I aim higher since I am massively over crowded and need more light straight away? If the plants are used to the light from the single 400w I'm thinking they could handle more.

Doc,

Another strange observance of this grow is the trichomes are not the normal golf ball on a tee looking ones. They are shorter and less of them and all seem to be cloudy already on all 4 strains, and I am only approaching the end of the 5th week of flowering.

have you grown the strain before? More triches are coming, and I bet they'll stay cloudy for ya.

Ok as you guys are talking lights I have a question. I just ordered a 2nd 400w unit, now when I install this should I run the two lights at 50% and continue to provide 400w of light initially or do I aim higher since I am massively over crowded and need more light straight away? If the plants are used to the light from the single 400w I'm thinking they could handle more.

Definitely keep 'em at 400 watts, as long as you can control the heat. I start seeds under a 1000.....so your plants can certainly take it.

I'm trying to figure out how much you hauled compared to my grows under 1k with larger pots. I usually get about 1.25 pounds per light, with like 6-8 plants per light....give or take.

Ah! I'll offer this then...there's probably an ounce or two from the second part of my harvest that I would have thrown in with the trim if I weren't making concentrates...I loose patients quickly trimming small buds.

One of the reasons I'm moving to SOGs is headroom in my new grow room, the ceiling is only 7' 4"...so I'm trying to use the space I will have efficiently.

Obviously its going to vary, but on average, how tall would you say your girls finish?

I'm thinking it would be cool to run 25 3 gallon pots right next to 16 5 gallon pots, each in a 4x4 footprint, to see how they would compare, but I'm wondering if and how to top them in the larger pots. I've got a while to go before I'll be ready for such a test, but I'm always trying to work things out in my head. Im also not exactly sure how differently they are going to grow with the CO2 enrichment, but that's all part of the fun!

Back
Top Bottom