Budley's Soil - Brix? - Multistrain 2012

Budley

Breeds :- BlueBerry Gum, The Church, Northern lights X Big Bud, Mazar x White Rhino.
So I decided to just do it, start a journal and see how it goes. I do a terrible job of knowing where all the different plants are in their cycle so hopefully this will help a lot. My biggest plant is the Mazar x White Rhino(MRW) at the moment and is only 18 days into flower. I'm having a much heavier hand and defoliating this grow as well as the MRW has already had her shade leaves removed so the bud leaves are getting full light and the results are great so far. I have another MRW but I have run out of room and she is only in a small pot, she was popped at the same time as the big one yet looks about 2 weeks maybe more behind. I have no idea how they got so far apart, very interesting to see first hand, but I will grow her out just to see if she picks up and follows her big sister.

What strain is it? BlueBerry Gum, The Church, Northern lights X Big Bud, Mazar x White Rhino
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? varies
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? veg and flower
If in Veg... For how long? varies but not long for anything, in fact the smaller ones were popped in the veg area then pretty much just put in the flower tent.
If in Flower stage... For how long? 18 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Have tried to follow the spirit of high brix, no salts, no shit, mineralised soil, etc
If soil... What size pot? 20G Dirt Bag
Size of light? 2 x 400
Is it aircooled? n/a
Temp of Room/cab? day 32 / night 28
RH of Room/cab? 40-50%
PH of media or res? never check ph
Any Pests ? had some gnats that I still see one or two of, but have sticky traps in place and very little damage done
How often are you watering? watering 2 or 3 times a week depends on how the plants look to me
Type and strength of ferts used? Using organic pelletized ferts that are specific to organics/ 1 cup top dressed every two weeks, then weekly brix tea drenches and foliar spraying, also foliar once a week with a high calcium with ferts foliar spray.

OK baby pics first.

Northern Lights x Big Bud AUTO
IMG_18064.JPG

IMG_0007_1_2.JPG

IMG_0027_1_.JPG

BlueBerry Gum FEM
IMG_0006_1_4.JPG

IMG_0026_1_.JPG

The Church
IMG_0028_1_.JPG

Mazar x White Rhino
photo_1_44.JPG

IMG_18077.JPG

IMG_0005_1_2.JPG

IMG_0157_1_.JPG

IMG_0023_1_.JPG

IMG_0024_1_.JPG

IMG_0035_1_.JPG

Thank you for taking the time to look. :Namaste:

Re: Budley's Soil (brix?) Multistrain 2012

So I ordered another light, just feel like I can do better with another HPS/MH than dangling cfls all over the place.

I only have one 400watt in there now and the one on order is exactly the same, they should fit nicely side by side.

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't start them with both at 100% power, I was thinking of putting both at 60% and seeing how the plants like that to begin with. Any thoughts?

pretty nice grow so far budley.

so are you going to grow all your plants on 12/12?

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't start them with both at 100% power, I was thinking of putting both at 60% and seeing how the plants like that to begin with. Any thoughts?

I start plants at my place under a 3 23w cfls. I bring them over to the grow room and stick them right under the 600w MH and veg them another few weeks and they love the intense light. I just keep them a bit farther away for the first week. 24" instead of 18". I never toasted a seedling under the 600 yet.

I start plants at my place under a 3 23w cfls. I bring them over to the grow room and stick them right under the 600w MH and veg them another few weeks and they love the intense light. I just keep them a bit farther away for the first week. 24" instead of 18". I never toasted a seedling under the 600 yet.

Awesome thanks for your help, pretty much what I had decided to do, I am really worried about heat but I think that the 60W CFLs I am using to supplement my 400W HPS are not efficent at all and are causing the extra heat, going from 8 of them to one more 400W HPS should be fine just need to add about 6 inches distance to be safe. Kind of kicking myself for not bighting the bullet and paying the extra for a single 1000W. Oh well it's done and in post already no changing it now.

Latest Photo Update

OK so it's been about a week since photos so here they are, I have seen a lot of growth in the past week, and I think the the church is going to come good. Anyway here are the pics:

Mazar X White Rhino
IMG_0046_1_.JPG

BlueBerry Gum
IMG_0047_1_.JPG

Northern Lights X Big Bud (Auto)
IMG_0048_1_.JPG

The Church
IMG_0049_1_.JPG

Doc Bud thinks that the the church might be suffering transplant shock, I think this also. How long does transplant shock take for a plant to get over? I mean she's started to grow again but still nothing like the other plants and their apparent joy at languishing in high brix soil, she just looks sad to me. :(
:peace:

so are you going to grow all your plants on 12/12?

I was reading that 12/12ing a normal plant will give a much better yield than buying Auto seeds, latest pictures verify that buds forming on the normal non-auto are much bigger already than on the auto and they were both popped at the same time and given exactly the same environment and treatment. So I won't be buying Autos at all if this is the case.

Only reason I would try auto is for outdoor. Get a plant started early and let it finish out side by the end of August or early Sept while the sun is still up high. My out door plants never seem to finish before the cold weather or frost.

AWesome man. plants are looking good. If that one that u think has transfer shock is an auto then I would say its genetics. Autos are retarded. I hate them. I am an outdoor grower with a few pretty large plants. Cant get an auto to grow even as big as that plant. Nugging up and VERY frosty. But damn do I have bad luck with autos. Best of luck brotha! other plants look awesome! :Namaste: +reps!

Only reason I would try auto is for outdoor. Get a plant started early and let it finish out side by the end of August or early Sept while the sun is still up high. My out door plants never seem to finish before the cold weather or frost.

Yep first and last time I ever grow and auto I think. Perfect for outdoors like you say, when your growing period is naturally short. And yeah very retarded I think, the auto Northern Lights x Bigbud is stretching like mad now and buds are so small compared to the Blueberry Gum next to it.

Looking good budley :D man those bags are massive!!

Yep using these big bags so that the perched water table is further away from the roots of the plant. Makes me able to really load a lot more in to the soil/pot so there are plenty of edibles in there for the micro colony. I still top dress ferts once every 2 weeks just to be safe, the bigger pot should give me more room for mistakes too(hopefully).

AWesome man. plants are looking good. If that one that u think has transfer shock is an auto then I would say its genetics. Autos are retarded. I hate them. I am an outdoor grower with a few pretty large plants. Cant get an auto to grow even as big as that plant. Nugging up and VERY frosty. But damn do I have bad luck with autos. Best of luck brotha! other plants look awesome! :Namaste: +reps!

The plant with transfer shock is the "The Church" strain, I'm beginning to think I have a plant that has a water allergy, I just did my weekly tea watering and foliar and all the others perked up to say thank you, the church looks like she would sigh if she could. You are right about the frosting I am so excited to see that, never had anything like it in bag seeds grows I did before, thinking I'll save my trim for Dry Ice Hash. yumm!

Back
Top Bottom