Budley's Soil - Brix? - Multistrain 2012

brix soil takes a long time to reach full power. in agriculture the first year of amended soil barely gives any bonus, its the second year that counts. Im thinking the guys are working on a good soil mix that can give us the benefits at a rate suitible for our less than annual, disposable soil.

maybe think about buying nematodes instead of sraying? find a bug that kills that bug =)

brix soil takes a long time to reach full power. in agriculture the first year of amended soil barely gives any bonus, its the second year that counts. Im thinking the guys are working on a good soil mix that can give us the benefits at a rate suitible for our less than annual, disposable soil.
I agree and disagree. I do agree that in agriculture it takes at least a year for soil to be well amended, however, we aren't using earth, clay is hard stuff man, they also aren't feeding the soil with concentrated tea's like we do. I tea mine weekly, and bubbled water in between, never seen such nice plants. Even if it's not an absolute "amended" soil, they look better than anything I have grown in dwc, hands down. It's inexpensive as well, don't have to buy and mix nute's and, it seems to make me want to watch my plants grow. My dwc grow I kinda set it and forget it, and let them do their thing (they do that well, just not the great high brix is :D).
All and all we really have to wait until Doc starts with his broadcast soil to really see how true high brix produces those massive cola's for Mr.Doc.

@GiGaBaNE
I can't get nematodes where I am and really don't want to bring too much attention to myself by asking around too much, azamax is natural extract of somesort anyway isn't it?

@Curso
Yeah man even if this isn't quit brix the plants look great to me, like in a text book photo. I've popped another The Church just to see if I got a weird seed, it popped real fast and I will veg that for a lot longer this time as well.

maybe think about buying nematodes instead of sraying? find a bug that kills that bug =)

Benefits are realized the very first year. It get's even better in year's 2 and 3........that's for outdoors, in the earth, on the farm.

In containers, it's a different ballgame. By "cooking" the soil, you can duplicate months of outdoor soil enrichment in 30 to 60 days.

Curso is right, they're not using concentrated teas so much in agriculture. Indoors in containers is definitely different, but it can be done and is done each and every day in green houses. There's a learning curve, for sure, but I have it straight from International Ag labs, that High Brix can be achieved in containers, indoors. Outdoors is better for sure.....but it can be done inside.

Here's what it looks like about 3 weeks into bloom:
IMG_30043.JPG

i guess just a mixture of fly stickies (heard one recently about using a vivid yellow square of card coated in vegtable oil), flood feeding like you were before (skim them away if need be) and strong wind to get rid of the airborn buggers.

dont be shy about using strong wind and for a reasonable interval (24/48 hours) it will do wonders for stem thickening, ive had leaves twisted upside down from wind force before, it all rights itself after a while (and a little help).

just think of it this way, you dont worry too much about mosquito bites in a hurricane do ya =D

Benefits are realized the very first year. It get's even better in year's 2 and 3........that's for outdoors, in the earth, on the farm.

In containers, it's a different ballgame. By "cooking" the soil, you can duplicate months of outdoor soil enrichment in 30 to 60 days.

Curso is right, they're not using concentrated teas so much in agriculture. Indoors in containers is definitely different, but it can be done and is done each and every day in green houses. There's a learning curve, for sure, but I have it straight from International Ag labs, that High Brix can be achieved in containers, indoors. Outdoors is better for sure.....but it can be done inside.

Here's what it looks like about 3 weeks into bloom:
IMG_30043.JPG

Thats very good to hear!

few questions for the master then =D

Would it be a good idea to have a single 'soil bank' that is all of my top soil (1 spade deep worth of the garden), composts and additives and when i finish a grow, mix the used up soil back into this soil bank? and use that same soil continuously improved to keep it brix'd and balanced grow after grow. would this be the best practice? brix growers have a personal stash of mud they use for all their growing, lol.

2nd question is: would there be any issues/benefits from using the indoor methods on a small, manageable outdoor plot.?

it would be nice to think that every sq ft of soil on my land is brix'd and ready to grow, and i just need to take some of that for my indoor grows.

well howabout a lot of GOOD LUCK!

Hey brother! I'll be following along! :popcorn: As long as you don't mind that I'm a little late...:)

:ganjamon:

Type and strength of ferts used? Using organic pelletized ferts that are specific to organics/ 1 cup top dressed every two weeks, then weekly brix tea drenches and foliar spraying, also foliar once a week with a high calcium with ferts foliar spray.

I have a few questions Budley

What are these pelletized ferts you mention above?

some info on the grow tent;

What size? and brand? price? any pros or cons you care to share?

I am considering an Agromax 4x4 to use with my 600hps it is about $185 or a 4.5x4.5 for $210

I am considering an Agromax 4x4 to use with my 600hps it is about $185 or a 4.5x4.5 for $210
Hey Hash, I use a 4x4 with my 600 hps for my dwc, fits 2 trays of 8 in there. Works out very well. It was like 200 maybe a little bit more.

Really you think I need a lot of good luck? Ok I'll take it anyway, never know I might need it yet.

why not? not kicking on your prowess just hoping for the best for you so GOOD LUCK:)

why not? not kicking on your prowess just hoping for the best for you so GOOD LUCK:)

I knew I jinxed myself saying that! I am having over fert issues now because of my fear of a deficiency. I have one of the plants in a smaller pot and she was going really well until yesterday, I had top dressed on Friday, and watered as well, then yesterday being tea day they had their tea drench and by evening the plant in the small pot has yellow borders on the top growth. Should be ok, I have kind of flushed her but will now not fert or tea for at least a week.

Pictures to follow.....

Weekly Photo update.....

Mazar x White Rhino
IMG_0065_1_.JPG

BlueBerry Gum
IMG_0066_1_.JPG

Northern Lights x Big Bud
IMG_0067_1_.JPG

The Church
IMG_0068_1_.JPG

I think she is suffering from over fert as well so the break from ferts and tea should help her too

The new The Church and Mystery seedling
IMG_0069_1_.JPG

So yeah feeling a little bad about over feeding the girls, they should come good again though, I hope.

The pelletized ferts are Hortie organics, the ferts are from cotton seed, etc no animal shit involved. I just finished it the other day so when I get more I'll get a picture and post it.

My tent is only a 4x4, I really wish I had bought something a little bigger though, price was ok, at $139 from memory. I currently changed up to two 400w Super HPS, again wish I had just bought a 1000 and dropped the power a little to keep heat under control.

Back
Top Bottom