Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Re: Doc Bud's High Brix: Strawberry Cough, Pineapple Express

Actually I was looking at how much closer my internodes are this time so far only about 1/2 inch between them, so awesome! I have a nice big 10g air bag with some very tastie and hopefully not too hot mineralized soil. When she is ready for that she should get nice and fat in there.

Oh yeah I have been brewing my tea once a week for all my plants but the seedlings get a diluted mist and drench.

There ya go! You'll get something nice doing that for sure. With the high brix approach, we're trying to get the plants to express their full potential. You're definitely on the right track with what you're doing.

Doc

Have you noticed any difference in plant structure with the high brix?

My plants all seem to be growing like crazy, but the node spacing is way farther apart than normal on all 4 strains.

The light is the same distance from the plants as usual so I don't really think they are stretching.

Lots of wasted space this grow. 3-5 inches between nodes and I normally have 1-2.

I have used the Bountea Superfood tabs this grow on all the plants. I should have just used it on one or two to see how it affected growth. It might be the cause of the explosive growth and stretching. My zucchini are huge from using it.
My friends zucchini were runts and I told him to use one of those tabs. Two days later his plants are monsters.

I also just started using the Humboldt Myco Madness the last two feedings instead of the Stump Tea.

I have a bucket ready to brew up some tea. Do you just add your ingredients to the water and stir it up in the bucket, or do you make a tea bag of some kind and suspend it in the bucket?

Indeed, my plants are larger growing High Brix. I don't know what's in your Bountea Superfood, but perhaps it's very rich in nitrogen?

My nodes are also somewhat further apart, but the plants are bigger, and the yield was up a bit. Of course, who cares if the finished product is good?

I actually like plants that grow kush-like chunky buds, instead of huge cola's, as there is less chance of bud rot.

One thing you can do is tighten up the day/night temps. I'll often turn the C02 off, and keep the night temps no more than 10 degrees lower than the day (but always cooler at night) and that helps keep the plants compact.

I'm going to attempt some Willie Nelson or Columbian indoors pretty soon, and I'll have to do all kinds of things to control height, including temps, C02 and Bushmaster.

This is all it says about them Doc

N:1.4 P:0.9 K:1.4
Bountea in a Convenient Tablet Form
- Simple-to-use tablets quickly disperse in water
- Made with Alaska Humisoil, microbes and minerals
- Unique natural formula — similar to the best organic cultivation methods
- Supplies everything a plant needs for healthy bio-organic growth
- Feeds soil microbes and invigorates soil ecology

A natural and organic alternative to all fertilizers
Use for all plant fertilization:
lawns, indoor plants, garden beds, etc.
Feeds your plants by feeding the soil

This is all it says about them Doc

N:1.4 P:0.9 K:1.4
Bountea in a Convenient Tablet Form
• Simple-to-use tablets quickly disperse in water
• Made with Alaska Humisoil, microbes and minerals
• Unique natural formula – similar to the best organic cultivation methods
• Supplies everything a plant needs for healthy bio-organic growth
• Feeds soil microbes and invigorates soil ecology

A natural and organic alternative to all fertilizers
Use for all plant fertilization:
lawns, indoor plants, garden beds, etc.
Feeds your plants by feeding the soil

OK....and by chance did you feed a tea on top of this?

The reason I ask, is because until recently, I was of the opinion that you couldn't really overdo it with the microbial teas. That was until I started into High Brix, where the soil is hyperactive. What happens is the microbial population grows so fast it gobbles up all the food....I've had it happen and it took me a while to figure out what was happening, although it happened overnight.

I'm backing off on the teas quite a bit as far as strength goes. Still giving them weekly, but at a weaker concentration.

So far the tea has just been "instant" and not brewed.

Other than the few weeks in the germination room with only a few prils of OC+ in the 16oz cups, this is what I fed them;

two weeks, Molasses, Stump Tea, and foliar with Stump Tea
next week, Molasses and Superfood Tab, foliar Stump Tea
the last two weeks, Molasses, Superfood Tab and Myco Madness and Snowstorm Ultra. Foliar with Gianormous

Humboldt says to use the Myco Madness up to the first two weeks of flowering, which will be the next feeding.

I plan on eventually brewing a tea with the Dr Earth Bud and Bloom, Molasses and a Superfood Tab.

I am having second thoughts on the Tabs, but the plants are so freakin healthy I hate to change anything.

I also thought of nothing but water the next few weeks to see what happens since the soil was loaded with nutes that should last 2 or 3 months, unless like you said the stuff is getting gobbled up.

OK....and by chance did you feed a tea on top of this?

The reason I ask, is because until recently, I was of the opinion that you couldn't really overdo it with the microbial teas. That was until I started into High Brix, where the soil is hyperactive. What happens is the microbial population grows so fast it gobbles up all the food....I've had it happen and it took me a while to figure out what was happening, although it happened overnight.

I'm backing off on the teas quite a bit as far as strength goes. Still giving them weekly, but at a weaker concentration.

You hit the nail on the head Doc...and when it happened to me, it literally happened overnight also. You had just warned about that in small pots, so I knew exactly what happened. I top dressed with minerals, some hen manure and worm castings, and watered it in with some Natures Own tea and by the next day they were fine again...

The trick is to not let that happen...with my tiny pots it was a tightrope walk!

OK....and overnight we've got yellowing fan leaves, right on schedule! I'm at day 26 since the first pistil....4 weeks into flower and the fans go bye bye. This has been the pattern on my most successful grows, and we're looking good!

I've got a couple that are turning that electric-lime green, and the rest are just healthy-shiny green. The smells are really nice, we're gettin' sticky, and I'm about 1/2 way till harvest.

These are all un-topped, 12/12 from seed.

IMG_29103.JPG
IMG_29114.JPG
IMG_29123.JPG
IMG_29133.JPG
IMG_29143.JPG
IMG_29153.JPG
IMG_29163.JPG

All right then, here's a quick look at what I did in the garden today.

I transplanted 5 Shaman and 9 Lemon Paki clones that I was vegging. I used 7 gallon pots, filled with the following mix:

Promix HP
Worm Castings
Foundational minerals (rock powders)
Humus
Rock n Chicken

IMG_29184.JPG

I make a hole the size of the pot, spread some mycorhyzzal root innoculant, and transplant. Afterwards, I gave each pot a good soaking with water and a very mild organic fertilizer. This is how big they are when I put them in bloom, which they did today.
IMG_29195.JPG
IMG_29173.JPG

What am I looking for in a plant? Well, that depends. Sometimes I like short, stocky plants, like this:
IMG_22564.JPG

Other times, I'm looking for tall, narrow plants. Depending on the size and shape, I find a place for them. But every now and then you run across a perfect plant. One that is nice on the eyes, smells good, is going to yield well, has absolutely no disease or signs of stress. Like this one. Taken today, right when the lights came on. I took it out and took some pics.
IMG_2924.JPG
IMG_29232.JPG
IMG_29222.JPG
IMG_29214.JPG
IMG_29163.JPG

I believe you have created monsters Doc!!! those plants look completely and utterly amazing!!! Your doing a killer job!

Looking awesome brother!

I believe you have created monsters Doc!!! those plants look completely and utterly amazing!!! Your doing a killer job!

Thanks guys. I'm really liking how this one is going. For some reason, neither of these strains really excites me. I don't know why, they're probably very good. I'm just really grooving on the soil this time and the health of the plants. I've got some nice frost to show on the next picture update too.

Also started the other tray with 5 Shaman and 9 Lemon Paki. I'm now cloning a couple strains, and taking clones from clones to fill in the gaps in production. I like to do one tray of something universally appealing, like OG, Blue Dream, Lemon Paki, Jack Herer, etc. And on the other tray I like to do the exotic, experimental stuff.

This cycle I feel like I'm missing the "wild" strains. So I"ll have to bring them back next tray.

You know what would be kind of cool to do is all of the high brix growers run 1 strain, all the same... I mean it would be hard to do because were all in different area's with limited supply for some, but if we all picked something that was fairly common but awesome like blue dream where the genetics are pretty un-tampered and all give it a go with our own tweaked methods of high brix and soil testing, I bet we would all be able to tune the process that much better... plus if I can get a cut of blue dream, I definitely wouldn't mind running it being that its my favorite sativa :) just a thought for future reference... :)

Doc, you are kicking butt with this grow!! very very happy looking plants, and I love pineapple express :)

Thanks guys. I'm really liking how this one is going. For some reason, neither of these strains really excites me. I don't know why, they're probably very good. I'm just really grooving on the soil this time and the health of the plants. I've got some nice frost to show on the next picture update too.

Also started the other tray with 5 Shaman and 9 Lemon Paki. I'm now cloning a couple strains, and taking clones from clones to fill in the gaps in production. I like to do one tray of something universally appealing, like OG, Blue Dream, Lemon Paki, Jack Herer, etc. And on the other tray I like to do the exotic, experimental stuff.

This cycle I feel like I'm missing the "wild" strains. So I"ll have to bring them back next tray.

I completely understand about those exotic strains you grow! :thumb: But I've heard great things about Pineapple Express...and I for one can't wait to see what one grown high Brix looks like!

I completely understand about those exotic strains you grow! :thumb: But I've heard great things about Pineapple Express...and I for one can't wait to see what one grown high Brix looks like!

Well, 2 of the ten are PE, the other 8 Strawberry cough. But I don't know which is which.....I think I've identified two pheno's that are iikely to be PE....they're tall, with leaves reaching, very healthy. I think the plant I took pics of is SC, because there are several like it.

So, hopefully they'll start smelling different or something.

hey Docbud,

love your garden man:thumb:, wish to have ladies like that in mine. been reading all stuff i can on high brix and it is the way foward forsure. finding it hard to source the pieces to the puzzle but i hope to have most of what i need within month... Anyways what strength do you give you your teas and do you also use them as a foliar spray and at what strength too?

DocBud,
Living the life I would love to live.
Thank You, I live the life of a Billiant Master Grower in YOUR posts and Grows.
Privilege... Truely!
TY
---------- is awesome!

hey Docbud,

love your garden man:thumb:, wish to have ladies like that in mine. been reading all stuff i can on high brix and it is the way foward forsure. finding it hard to source the pieces to the puzzle but i hope to have most of what i need within month... Anyways what strength do you give you your teas and do you also use them as a foliar spray and at what strength too?

I Foliar with Amaze, Bloomit and PGR. Occasionally I might foliar feed with epsom salts and also occasionally with worm tea. But I do weekly foliar feeds with Amaze right now. I'll probably do one more with Bloomit and then stop, as the buds are really filling in.

DocBud,
Living the life I would love to live.
Thank You, I live the life of a Billiant Master Grower in YOUR posts and Grows.
Privilege... Truely!
TY
---------- is awesome!

Hah! Thanks bro, but I graciously offer back the title "Master Grower." I'm a determined grower with a goal, working towards my goal. Give me 3-5 more years and I might consider the "Master" title.

:Namaste:

I put it in a big pot, and I think the roots have hit the soil where the good stuff starts, thankfully I somehow didn't make it too hot, was almost certain it was, she is taking off now. Maybe the teas help to chill out the ferts somehow? Or get a head start on digesting them? Have to say I am loving this not having to check PH all the damn time, well haven't had to yet. :)

IMG_0005_1_2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom