DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Yup, that's why i made the switch.

Did you use the whole 8 bags of soil? Which brand?

I may copy his recipe one of these days. I watched his video, and he admits that scientifically he has no idea why it works....but it grows really excellent meds. I'm trying to use a bit more science in my aproach, but I look forward to comparing to his mix.

I used 7 cubic foot bags of a local soil named Black Magic. I went to the site where it is made and it was pretty cool seeing all the compost mountains they had. All I could think of was I hope my grow room smells like this place. Then I'll know the results will be good. lol The only difference I did was use Mykos from extreme gardening. Four cups. I added the azomite and all the other ingredients. 5lbs of worm castings, fruit bat guano, etc. It is sitting in the tumbler at about 137 degrees during the day so I guess it's cooking. I made a batch very similar to yours which I copied of your thread of course and have some Blueberry gums from G13 Labs growing in it. I have the bottom of my six gallon buckets filled half way up with the hot soil and the remaining with base soil. They are clones I took of a girl I grew hempy style and she turned out really good but these girls are on day 46 of flower and the smells and purpling of the leaves are nothing I experienced with the hempy and oc+. I haven't had to add anything to them except water and the occasional Natures magic, which has humic acid, seaweed kelp and blackstrap molasses in it. I also use sucanat at 1 teasppon per gallon every watering. This last week I started using snowstorm at a rate of 1 tsp per gallon also. I think they have another 2 to 3 weeks to go. I cant wait to finish these ladies. My next run is going to be with the Subcool soil. I will let you know if there are any differences in the final product since I have more clones of the BB gum ready to go. I should be able to see and significant differences. But I wouldn't hesitate one second to use your mix again. I do wish I had bigger containers. He says 7 gallons is needed. I have 6 gallons which is why I added more hot soil to the containers. BB gum is a fast finisher so I think with a heavy eater or a plant that takes 10 or more weeks you would definitely need bigger containers to supplement the whole grow without having to add more stuff in the end. I also read that if they start showing deficiencies before they are finished, you can just top dress with more hot soil. This way you don't add anything else in the mix other then your original recipe. It would be like a tea you don't have to brew every watering which would also be an option.

I used 7 cubic foot bags of a local soil named Black Magic. I went to the site where it is made and it was pretty cool seeing all the compost mountains they had. All I could think of was I hope my grow room smells like this place. Then I'll know the results will be good. lol The only difference I did was use Mykos from extreme gardening. Four cups. I added the azomite and all the other ingredients. 5lbs of worm castings, fruit bat guano, etc. It is sitting in the tumbler at about 137 degrees during the day so I guess it's cooking. I made a batch very similar to yours which I copied of your thread of course and have some Blueberry gums from G13 Labs growing in it. I have the bottom of my six gallon buckets filled half way up with the hot soil and the remaining with base soil. They are clones I took of a girl I grew hempy style and she turned out really good but these girls are on day 46 of flower and the smells and purpling of the leaves are nothing I experienced with the hempy and oc+. I haven't had to add anything to them except water and the occasional Natures magic, which has humic acid, seaweed kelp and blackstrap molasses in it. I also use sucanat at 1 teasppon per gallon every watering. This last week I started using snowstorm at a rate of 1 tsp per gallon also. I think they have another 2 to 3 weeks to go. I cant wait to finish these ladies. My next run is going to be with the Subcool soil. I will let you know if there are any differences in the final product since I have more clones of the BB gum ready to go. I should be able to see and significant differences. But I wouldn't hesitate one second to use your mix again. I do wish I had bigger containers. He says 7 gallons is needed. I have 6 gallons which is why I added more hot soil to the containers. BB gum is a fast finisher so I think with a heavy eater or a plant that takes 10 or more weeks you would definitely need bigger containers to supplement the whole grow without having to add more stuff in the end. I also read that if they start showing deficiencies before they are finished, you can just top dress with more hot soil. This way you don't add anything else in the mix other then your original recipe. It would be like a tea you don't have to brew every watering which would also be an option.

sounds great bro!

My mistake this grow was using pots that were too small. I'd like to try my soil in large pots, then do a run with Subcool's soil and mine side by side.

I'm also thinking there might be a happy medium somewhere with a combo of the organic soil and OC+, which I think would maximize yield.

Seriously, this is the most rewarding, interesting part of the whole cannabis world to me....building soil and seeing what they do to for the plant.....I love it! I only wish I had about 4 times the space I have and about 2000 per month cash for the electric bill. :thumb:

Look great Doc. I have The Void and Agent orange from subcool on the way. I also made about 8 cubic ft of his soil recipe which is cooking in a compost tumbler. I loved the hempy style of growing but I must say, nothing beats good old organic soil.[/QUOTE

I used seven cubic ft of soil 7 bags and the rest is all the add ons.

sounds great bro!

My mistake this grow was using pots that were too small. I'd like to try my soil in large pots, then do a run with Subcool's soil and mine side by side.

I'm also thinking there might be a happy medium somewhere with a combo of the organic soil and OC+, which I think would maximize yield.

Seriously, this is the most rewarding, interesting part of the whole cannabis world to me....building soil and seeing what they do to for the plant.....I love it! I only wish I had about 4 times the space I have and about 2000 per month cash for the electric bill. :thumb:

Me too! I have more hot soil mix then I can use in two grows. I am just going to put it in garbage cans and seal it like he says. It is suppose to last about a year. This way all I have to do is get my base soil and I'm ready to go.

sounds great bro!

I agree on the oc+. I don't see it hurting the flavor and taste. I do think your yields would increase to some extent. Personally I don't think the oc+ would hurt the microlife in any drastic way. The release is so minimal in spurtsw that I would tend to think the microlife would be able to overcome any stress caused by it.

Thanks to you Doc, that's what I'm doing with my grow. You convinced me to try OC+ out and I am using it in my current grow. I built my own organic soil and mixed OC+ with it. I supplement with organic teas and molasses. Other than the OC+, everything that goes in my buckets is organic. It's working out great so far. We'll see how the yield and taste is. :morenutes:

Hey Doc, I'm aware of how Subcool breeds his strains for his type of soil, I use a combo of his style and the Rev's TLO style. They are pretty simalar and its working out really well for me thus far. I can't wait to get Pandoras Box going, it sounds great to me!

Well, we're chopping the Pure Power Plant tomorrow and Saturday, so I thought I'd take some pics so they can show off their beauty one more time before the big surprise. :hookah:

My camera skills are deteriorating....I just can't seem to get pics that really show just how much resin there is on these girls...a few pics come close, but none really do it justice.

The Querkles and the 3D are going to go a couple more weeks, I think. I'm still feeding them with poop from 3 or 4 creatures, along with Snowstorm and Sukanat. The PPP have been getting water and snowstorm for the last week, and they're fading and changing color is a wonderful way. The buds are hard, like a lump of charcoal....and I sampled the smoke from buds on the plant that died. Surprisingly, it has great smell and taste and the effect is quite a nice, upbeat buzz.

I will say that for sure, the soil added taste and flavor that the perlite grown PPP I tried did not have.

All outward signs point to this being my best grow yet....we'll see in a few weeks.

So, here are the pics:
IMG_14446.JPG

IMG_14457.JPG

IMG_14477.JPG

IMG_144810.JPG

Below is a typical PPP bud....absolutely rock hard.
IMG_14499.JPG

IMG_14506.JPG

IMG_14519.JPG

below is what the popcorn on the 3D looks like. Subcool breeds strains that have massive amounts of resin, lots of smell and taste. :smokin:
IMG_14547.JPG

A five cola'd Querkle, leaning over with weight.
IMG_14563.JPG

Querkle cola....just under 20 inches long, frosty and firm. Smells like grape punch except the grapes were squeezed by hand and the naked girl who squeezed the grapes spent the last hour running her hand over frosty buds.
IMG_14576.JPG

IMG_14585.JPG

IMG_14596.JPG

IMG_14605.JPG

IMG_14616.JPG

IMG_14626.JPG

IMG_14645.JPG

Below is a Blue Dream under a T5....about 1/4th the size of the plants under the big lights, but even more frosty.
IMG_14656.JPG

wow man just saw the new pics very sweet. I want to start my first grow soon have been trying to plan it out. want to do 12/12 from seed in hempy with oc+ under glh led's. trying to pick out my seeds have been looking into these Qleaner
Pandora's Box
Blue Haze
Northern Lights
Super Crystal
New York City Diesel
Speedy Gonzales
Third demension
want to get 3 or 4 kinds do you or anyone have thoughts on whitch ones might be best for 12/12?
thank you for your help

wow man just saw the new pics very sweet. I want to start my first grow soon have been trying to plan it out. want to do 12/12 from seed in hempy with oc+ under glh led's. trying to pick out my seeds have been looking into these Qleaner
Pandora's Box
Blue Haze
Northern Lights
Super Crystal
New York City Diesel
Speedy Gonzales
Third demension
want to get 3 or 4 kinds do you or anyone have thoughts on whitch ones might be best for 12/12?
thank you for your help

Any of them will work....but I think the Sativa dominant ones work better than Indo's. The photoperiod at the equator is 12/12 all the time, so try to choose strains that have lots of Thai or other sativa in their lineage.

But any of them will work. Let me know when you get your journal going and I'll come by and say High.

Well, we're chopping the Pure Power Plant tomorrow and Saturday, so I thought I'd take some pics so they can show off their beauty one more time before the big surprise. :hookah:

My camera skills are deteriorating....I just can't seem to get pics that really show just how much resin there is on these girls...a few pics come close, but none really do it justice.

The Querkles and the 3D are going to go a couple more weeks, I think. I'm still feeding them with poop from 3 or 4 creatures, along with Snowstorm and Sukanat. The PPP have been getting water and snowstorm for the last week, and they're fading and changing color is a wonderful way. The buds are hard, like a lump of charcoal....and I sampled the smoke from buds on the plant that died. Surprisingly, it has great smell and taste and the effect is quite a nice, upbeat buzz.

I will say that for sure, the soil added taste and flavor that the perlite grown PPP I tried did not have.

All outward signs point to this being my best grow yet....we'll see in a few weeks.

So, here are the pics:
IMG_14446.JPG

IMG_14457.JPG

IMG_14477.JPG

IMG_144810.JPG

Below is a typical PPP bud....absolutely rock hard.
IMG_14499.JPG

IMG_14506.JPG

IMG_14519.JPG

below is what the popcorn on the 3D looks like. Subcool breeds strains that have massive amounts of resin, lots of smell and taste. :smokin:
IMG_14547.JPG

A five cola'd Querkle, leaning over with weight.
IMG_14563.JPG

Querkle cola....just under 20 inches long, frosty and firm. Smells like grape punch except the grapes were squeezed by hand and the naked girl who squeezed the grapes spent the last hour running her hand over frosty buds.
IMG_14576.JPG

IMG_14585.JPG

IMG_14596.JPG

IMG_14605.JPG

IMG_14616.JPG

IMG_14626.JPG

IMG_14645.JPG

Below is a Blue Dream under a T5....about 1/4th the size of the plants under the big lights, but even more frosty.
IMG_14656.JPG

Holy Shit Doc.

hey doc i am still trying to make my first grow as simple as possible. in the hempy's you have tried several different combos what would you recommend I i fill with for a first grow.
Thank you for your help

hey doc i am still trying to make my first grow as simple as possible. in the hempy's you have tried several different combos what would you recommend I i fill with for a first grow.
Thank you for your help

For a first grow, you want stonerproof....you want to harvest high quality buds, and you most definitely can!

Use a black bucket. Drill a pencil sized hole about 2 inches from the bottom of the damn bucket. Fill it with perlite....medium is OK, coarse is OK....whatever.

Simple.

I'd use Osmocote Plus for your nutes. 2 tbsp per gallon.
pH your water to about 6.
Have some micro nutes on hand: epsom salts, Ironite.
Get some Snowstorm Ultra.

As long as your temps are reasonable and you have good lighting, you're gonna grow some nice plants for not much money. It's gonna be hard to screw it up.

Back
Top Bottom