DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Doc, I don't wanna hog up your journal with my pics, so can you please take a look at my journal and see if these are about normal height for 38 days 12/12 from seed?
Hash Hounds Nirvana Super Skunk & Papaya in Soil
They are about 12 inches tall, and showing some hairs. I sure hope they are gonna get bigger. Lots of branching. And the other seedlings I almost wrote off for dead are surviving quite well.

Strangely, my link in this post says Hash Hound Nirvana.....
but in my signature it wont show that way, it shows the address.

They look great!
Yes, they will get bigger, probably double in height at least. Don't worry....

People (not you or anyone specifically....just a general statement) have a crazy notion that plants only have vegetative growth with 18+ hours of light.

Please, reject that fallacy and don't let yourself think that way! Pot grows really well at the equator, and in the tropics, where it's almost always 11-13 hours of light. Plants will veg themselves, thank you very much!

Your plants are still in the veg stage and will start to stretch like crazy pretty soon....you'll see.

They look so damn healthy! Nice job. :goodjob:

If you want to tweak 'em a bit, go ahead and trim some of the lower branches. You'll stimulate more top growth and get a bit more stretch....but it's not necessary.
----------------

Sorry I haven't got any pics or updates. I'm very busy! But I promise I'll get some soon. I definitely have some nice buds forming up.....best resin formation I've ever seen on the 3D's. Next week prolly....

Nice work doc, your garden looks amazing! Great thread too. Must say your earlier post about alkalinity and Ph summed it up and put a bow on top for me :thumb: You have the ability to get the point across clearly...+reps when I can...in the mean time :reading420magazine: and :reading420magazine:

p.s. your next journal could be called 'Docbuds KISS grow'

-rv

Nice work doc, your garden looks amazing! Great thread too. Must say your earlier post about alkalinity and Ph summed it up and put a bow on top for me :thumb: You have the ability to get the point across clearly...+reps when I can...in the mean time :reading420magazine: and :reading420magazine:

p.s. your next journal could be called 'Docbuds KISS grow'

-rv

Oh.....I like that.

Doc Bud's KISS grow.

Very cool.

Next grow will feature:

Jack Herer clones

From seed from the following list, not sure which ones:

Space Jill
Pineapple Express
Cinderalla99/Blueberry
Super Lemon Haze

Maybe, perhaps some other type of clone, depending on what's available around here.

The next, next grow will feature Willie Nelson.

Pic's in the next day or two. Things are looking good.

Hey HH, I was just reading up on cloning and found an posting on Subcool's blog that discussed his method of cloning. Living in Cali we are restricted to 6 mature plants. Having a mature plant to take clones from takes up our limited space, especially when you're trying to maximize or experiment with your mature plants. Hope you don't mind Doc for me putting this here but I thought it was fitting and your threads are always full of good stuff. Here's a copy of the full article....

Cloning
by Subcool - Wednesday, October 21 2009

I have a secret to share with you. We do not keep mother plants!

Mother plants count in total plant numbers, use up electricity while being kept in the vegetative state, and take up valuable space as they get bigger. Long ago we realized we could do away with mother plants by becoming efficient in cloning.

Since we have multiple growing areas running different lighting schedules, before mature plants are budded by flipping the lights to a 12/12 schedule, cuttings are taken from these plants before the timer is changed. These new cuttings are placed in 18/6 light to root. This gives us small, healthy duplicate plants with vigorous growth instead of older barky stems to try and root from. We never take clones from old tired plants with barky stems.

I have read up genetic shift and I simply believe it does not apply when taking cuttings from healthy plants. Sure, if you clone some old tired root-bound mother with woody stems who knows what could happen, but as long as the cutting is make up of healthy cells we have never encountered a problem.

Sometimes this is easier said than done, as many growers struggle with cloning.

When I first started growing it was the one aspect of the hobby that eluded me. I went through every device and product on the market until I figured out it really comes down to two basic conditions: Temperature and Humidity! These are the main factors that determine rooting time. If these factors are controlled, cuttings will root very fast and be completely healthy and ready to transplant. If these factors are not controlled, rooting can take longer and the cuttings can become stunted and never really take off, even after they finally root. Aim for a constant temperature between 74-78 Degrees. While people root outside these parameters, we have the best success using this range. I recommend using Rapid Rooters. These are small plant-based plugs pretreated and ready for cuttings. I disregard their plastic trays and just flip the triangle-shaped cubes upside down for support and make a new hole with a pen or nail. I have used soil in cups and rockwool cubes but Rapid Rooters are really the best choice - and they seem to hold just the right amount of moisture without suffocating the plant. As long as you don’t let Rapid Rooters dry out you will have great success.

Clone from only fresh green shoots. Older parts of the plant will have an thin bark-like surface and cuts taken from this area will not root as easy and may not contain 100% healthy cells. I like to prepare all my materials first before I take any cuttings.

Make sure you cut the clone and a sharp angle like a spear. While a new, clean razor blade works best, I just use clean, sharp scissors that I trim with.

Cut off the long fan leaves about half way; this will prevent water loss. I use a plastic pen to make a hole in the rooter and hold it open with my fingers as I pull out the pen. I stick the label in at this point before placing the cutting in.

I gently find the hole and slide the cutting down, never forcing it. Be careful not to squeeze the cutting as you press it into the Rapid Rooter. I keep repeating these steps until all the plants on the list are checked off, list are important they keep us from forgetting so take the time to write things down.

I see people wasting coin on all kinds of contraptions designed only to take your hard earned dollars out of your pocket.

You think cloning is important now? You bet on it! It’s the key to mastering the art of Fine cannabis production.

Hope that helps :peacetwo:

OK, update and pics.

for whatever reason I don't know, but one of the PPP went belly up and died. The others are healthy....I have no idea why.

The querkles are putting on some serious weight, with 3 weeks to go, from what I can tell.

The 3D are frosting up like crazy, but one of them has some foxtailing....the others none.

Lastly, I'll include pics from the Blue Dreams I started on 12/12 this grow, which I have not taken pictures of yet.

So, here they are, in no particular order. Querkles are on the right, 3D on the left, PPP in the middle, and Blue Dreams are the least mature:
IMG_14115.JPG

IMG_14127.JPG

IMG_14137.JPG

IMG_14145.JPG

IMG_14153.JPG

IMG_14164.JPG

IMG_14175.JPG

IMG_14183.JPG

IMG_14197.JPG

IMG_14206.JPG

IMG_14213.JPG

IMG_14226.JPG

IMG_14238.JPG

IMG_14246.JPG

IMG_14279.JPG

IMG_14298.JPG

IMG_14305.JPG

IMG_14316.JPG

DAMN those are nice nugs bro. Another awesome pic update!!!

Thanks!

Damn Doc! Any guess on what you might get close to on yield?:thumb:

About 4-5 pounds.

Oh I was also going to ask how that girl died? Did it just keel over or did it dry out or what?

It was the strangest thing....it went purple all over, leaves drooped, plant died. Took about a week, really fast the last 2 days. Almost like someone put round up on it or something.....which no one did.

It was the strangest thing....it went purple all over, leaves drooped, plant died. Took about a week, really fast the last 2 days. Almost like someone put round up on it or something.....which no one did.

Do you think a virus could have done that

looking Dank bro, fat and frosty what more could you want?.lol.

its funny u say that about those pots because i was thinking the other day those must be hard to clean and hold allot of bad guys in them. i am going to rock 5gal lowes buckets this next grow. makes nusery pots look bad.

i was thinking off adding snow storm this next grow, i used it when it 1st came out but forgot if it really changed things? i think it did in a few days if i remember right?

looking Dank bro, fat and frosty what more could you want?.lol.

its funny u say that about those pots because i was thinking the other day those must be hard to clean and hold allot of bad guys in them. i am going to rock 5gal lowes buckets this next grow. makes nusery pots look bad.

i was thinking off adding snow storm this next grow, i used it when it 1st came out but forgot if it really changed things? i think it did in a few days if i remember right?

I think the snowstorm works really well. I can see the difference once I start using it.

And you're right about the smart pots. I'll not be using them again, especially after the fungus gnats and the one plant dead and all. I can bleach and rinse plastic pots.....but not the smart pots.

I tell you what, bro. If you can get a hold of some Third Dimension, you'll love growing it. More resin than anything I've ever grown....even more than the Jack.

Back
Top Bottom