Doggy Daddy's Dive Into Coco

Day 5 update: I swear the mj gods were looking out for me when I got home from work. Someone left a portable a/c by the dumpster in my complex. Fuck yeah! I kinda double took it and then brought it in the house. Unfortunately when disecting the reservoir and filter I noticed the filter was moldy and the reservoir was muddy.
Well, I almost scored. Good thing I'm already working on something to cool the babes down atm. And supposedly it's going to cool down soon so my temps should be easier to manage.

Anyways I fed the youngins a mild solution of silica, MammothP, micro, gro and bloom. I don't think I'll need CalMag until they are a little more mature. Any thoughts on that peeps?
Here's the babes:
WR

420-magazine-mobile906866351.jpg

NL
420-magazine-mobile1496796538.jpg

AK-48
420-magazine-mobile1110935067.jpg

I'm using tap water as I've done in the past. I let it sit out for 24hrs let the chlorine evaporate. It seems the only time I run into CalMag issues is when it comes to flowering. I might look into ro water though. Do you know what the ph usually is with that kind of Water? Or does it vary?

Neutral pH is defined as-7.00, but RO water typically shows a pH of between-5.00-and 6.00. .....Given that the pH scale, like the Richter scale for earthquakes, is logarithmic, that means that pH-5.00-water is actually 100 times as acidic as pH-7.00-water."
Well if the ro water has a ph of 5-6 then that would be almost perfect for coco, no? I had quite a struggle trying to the ph right when I fed the babes. I'm used to a 6.5 in soil and had that dialed in pretty well. Just means I'm using more ph down. I'm definitely going to look into ro if it's not too expensive.

General hydroponics pH drops is what I use to check my pH, its perfect and requires no calibration. Used for 2 grows now, cost like 10 bucks Amazon and still have more. I also use earth juice pH down. Used tap water my whole coco grow and without evaporation of the chlorine. Never used calmag or bought. Crop finished without issue.

Hey DD!

Just caught up and am subbing, looks like were gunna be doing something similar along the same timeline so I look forward to watching your grow! nice job so far!

Coco you wanna be around 5.8 as far as I know, and plants under led like more silica and cal mag from what Ive read so it could be something you don't experience as much under hps? Its all still so new

General hydroponics pH drops is what I use to check my pH, its perfect and requires no calibration. Used for 2 grows now, cost like 10 bucks Amazon and still have more. I also use earth juice pH down. Used tap water my whole coco grow and without evaporation of the chlorine. Never used calmag or bought. Crop finished without issue.
I'm also using GH ph drops. They work well but before, I knew exactly how much ph down I needed to add. I just have to get it dialed in for coco and it'll be fine. My deficiencies showed up after introducing the plants to my led's which leads me to believe CalMag and led's should go to together unless your tap water already as enough minerals to account for not using it. I guess everyone's different.

Hey DD!

Just caught up and am subbing, looks like were gunna be doing something similar along the same timeline so I look forward to watching your grow! nice job so far!

Coco you wanna be around 5.8 as far as I know, and plants under led like more silica and cal mag from what Ive read so it could be something you don't experience as much under hps? Its all still so new
I am in coco and didn't supplement silica or calmag. Used only tap water, would pH to 5.5 to 6.0. Pure coco no perlite. For my autos only used miracle-gro 12-4-8 and superthive for veg period and then 50/50 miracle-gro and Dyna-gro bloom 3-12-6 for about 3 weeks. Then full Dyna-gro bloom. To note I have LEDs.

I am in coco and didn't supplement silica or calmag. Used only tap water, would pH to 5.5 to 6.0. Pure coco no perlite. For my autos only used miracle-gro 12-4-8 and superthive for veg period and then 50/50 miracle-gro and Dyna-gro bloom 3-12-6 for about 3 weeks. Then full Dyna-gro bloom. To note I have LEDs.
Nice, is say if it ain't broke don't fix it! One of the cool things is we all get to figure out our own little system and master it! Interesting nute selection too,I like it!

Welcome BnS. I'd be happy to compare grows with ya. Do you have a journal going?
Yessir just in my signature! I'm doing pro mix but same soiless concept! I'm curious to see how the two compare since I was about to do coco but did promix just for maintenance reasons! Thanks for having me DD!

Nice, is say if it ain't broke don't fix it! One of the cool things is we all get to figure out our own little system and master it! Interesting nute selection too,I like it!

You can out my thread, sure doggy won't mind. I pulled 1050 wet grams off 3 marshydro 300w. They are drying atm, I am expecting about 12oz after cure. That's about 4 oz per 300w marshydro. 6 Jock Horror Autos - Coco Coir Grow

What are your Mars pulling at the wall Smoke? 130ish? Just wondering so you could calculate grams per watt.

Ya somewhere in that range. It would be roughly .86 gram per true watt.
That's solid, will make sure I read your journal in full, well done! I'll be looking forward to that dry weight!

That's a damn nice yield then. I'm shooting for a gram per watt this grow. Which is roughly 3oz per plant. I think it's doable with some topping and training.

Back
Top Bottom