Doozy's 2300W LED - 5x5 - Dinafem Seeds - 1st Grow

Have you found these really heavy feeders Doozy and how long after switching to 12/12 did the pistils appear? I'm growing the same strain and it doesn't seem to matter what I feed them, they just lap it up and continue to look healthy... completely opposite to the Pineapple Chunk I grew last time and had a complete nightmare with.

Edit: Sorry, it was someone else growing the same strain, I'm going old and senile, but I'd still like to know :)

Thus far the Blue Widow is a great plant, and seems to be doing everything it should. The Blue Hash is nowhere near as good, smaller buds, more leafy, not drinking/growing as much etc etc....just nowhere near as good a plant.

If anyone has the choice go Blue Widow, Blue Hash so far is a bit of a let down.

Pistols appeared about 7-10 days after the flip, so i'm about 7-10 days away from day 55 (the apparent time for flower for this strain) but i have heard that they can take longer.

Unsulfered molasses is a popular ingredient in many nutrient formulas. Unsulfered molasses can add aroma and a sweeter flavor to your buds and contains many nutrients that are used by cannabis plants. Unsulfered molasses can be used at 1 teaspoon per gallon in vegetative growth and flowering. Unsulfered molasses can be used as a harvest flush at 2 tablespoons per gallon. I would not add molasses to a Aeroponic/Hydroponic system unless it is a part of a Heisenberg Tea. When I added unsulfered molasses to a hydroponic reservoir a slimy black bacterial outbreak in the reservoir was the result.

"Nutritional information

Molasses contains no protein or dietary fibre and close to no fat. Each tablespoon (20 g) contains 58 kcal (240 kJ), 14.95 g of carbohydrates, and 11.1 g of sugar divided among

Sucrose: 5.88 g
Glucose: 2.38 g
Fructose: 2.56 g

Important minerals

Minerals in Meridian/Organic/Pure blackstrap - per 100 g (equivalent to 5 tablespoons):

Calcium: 400 mg (50% RDA)
Iron: 13 mg (95% RDA)
Magnesium: 300 mg (38% RDA)"

https://en.wikipedia.org Molasses

Unsulfered molasses is a popular ingredient in many nutrient formulas. Unsulfered molasses can add aroma and a sweeter flavor to your buds and contains many nutrients that are used by cannabis plants. Unsulfered molasses can be used at 1 teaspoon per gallon in vegetative growth and flowering. Unsulfered molasses can be used as a harvest flush at 2 tablespoons per gallon. I would not add molasses to a Aeroponic/Hydroponic system unless it is a part of a Heisenberg Tea. When I added unsulfered molasses to a hydroponic reservoir a slimy black bacterial outbreak in the reservoir was the result.

"Nutritional information

Molasses contains no protein or dietary fibre and close to no fat. Each tablespoon (20 g) contains 58 kcal (240 kJ), 14.95 g of carbohydrates, and 11.1 g of sugar divided among

Sucrose: 5.88 g
Glucose: 2.38 g
Fructose: 2.56 g

Important minerals

Minerals in Meridian/Organic/Pure blackstrap - per 100 g (equivalent to 5 tablespoons):

Calcium: 400 mg (50% RDA)
Iron: 13 mg (95% RDA)
Magnesium: 300 mg (38% RDA)"

https://en.wikipedia.org Molasses

Well i guess the wife is going to have to make some cakes with it then.

No molasses for my ladies.

Thanks KJC, reps :)

PROBLEMS

I'm starting to get very close to the stage of pulling the Blue Hash plant in the back left of the tent and saving the electricity, it is such poor genetics (at least this seed) in comparison to the Blue Widow it actually a joke that they are from the same seedbank.

I have literally seen almost no growth in terms of buds in the last 3 weeks, and considering these are the weeks where the plants should be putting weight on that is quite worrying to say the least.

Every time i check them i'm hoping for something positive, but at the moment this plant is a complete joke, and i'm tempted to cut it down.

Here is the growth in 3 weeks -

20150128_100203_copy.jpg

They are on the same nute scedule as the others, nothing significant in terms of ph, except recently it has been falling more dramatically than the other plants, but no signs of root rot, and lowering the nutes a bit seems to alleviate the problem. I've had the same ph issues with other plants and they still seem to be growing ok.

I've got 3 out of the 5 of my plants that seem to be doing ok, and 2 which are garbage, both of which i'm almost certain are Blue Hash. I'm probably going to keep them going for another week and then just bin them. A complete waste of time and effort.

My only thoughts are that Blue Hash doesn't respond well to LED, but that's just a guess. All i can say is my advice is to avoid Dinafem Blue Hash like the plague. Utter sh!te.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to salvage something from these plants i'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

If your plants really are that dark a green, I'd suspect a nitrogen toxicity which can cause a lack of growth. I dunno what nutes & boosters you have but generally flower nutes usually lower the N & boost PK so just reducing base nutes should see them pick up. Do your leaves have any clawing? Curling inwards?

On this particular plant they do seem to be clawing a bit yes. I've reduced the base nutes by 30% on the last feed so hopefully that might help, and yes, all the plants are fairly dark green, other that the leaves that get less light, which are much more vibrant.

Nutes are Vitalink Max Bloom A + B
Buddhas Tree PK 9-18
Buddhas Tree Meta Boost

Try your next feed at 1/3 strength or even 1/4 & see if there's any change over a week. It does sound like too much N so all is not lost mate. There's a good chance it will add a few weeks onto your harvest time though so patience may be needed :)

No worries buddy, I'm happy to help :) It'll be hard to spot it recovering from the foliage coz it'll just stop getting worse so keep your eyes on the buds, as soon as they start to grow, you're back on track :thumb:

PROBLEMS

I'm starting to get very close to the stage of pulling the Blue Hash plant in the back left of the tent and saving the electricity, it is such poor genetics (at least this seed) in comparison to the Blue Widow it actually a joke that they are from the same seedbank.

I have literally seen almost no growth in terms of buds in the last 3 weeks, and considering these are the weeks where the plants should be putting weight on that is quite worrying to say the least.

Every time i check them i'm hoping for something positive, but at the moment this plant is a complete joke, and i'm tempted to cut it down.

Here is the growth in 3 weeks -

20150128_100203_copy.jpg

They are on the same nute scedule as the others, nothing significant in terms of ph, except recently it has been falling more dramatically than the other plants, but no signs of root rot, and lowering the nutes a bit seems to alleviate the problem. I've had the same ph issues with other plants and they still seem to be growing ok.

I've got 3 out of the 5 of my plants that seem to be doing ok, and 2 which are garbage, both of which i'm almost certain are Blue Hash. I'm probably going to keep them going for another week and then just bin them. A complete waste of time and effort.

My only thoughts are that Blue Hash doesn't respond well to LED, but that's just a guess. All i can say is my advice is to avoid Dinafem Blue Hash like the plague. Utter sh!te.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to salvage something from these plants i'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

On this particular plant they do seem to be clawing a bit yes. I've reduced the base nutes by 30% on the last feed so hopefully that might help, and yes, all the plants are fairly dark green, other that the leaves that get less light, which are much more vibrant.

Nutes are Vitalink Max Bloom A + B
Buddhas Tree PK 9-18
Buddhas Tree Meta Boost

Are you also accounting for the nitrogen content of the Buddhas Tree Meta-Boost which is seaweed derived? How many milliliters per liter of Buddhas Tree Meta-Boost are you using?

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

Are you also accounting for the nitrogen content of the Buddhas Tree Meta-Boost which is seaweed derived? How many milliliters per liter of Buddhas Tree Meta-Boost are you using?

I hadn't accounted for that no, at the moment it's probably at less than 0.5ml per ltr, i've also run out of the stuff so i think i'll just not buy any more and remove it entirely from the schedule.

Subbed, had a quick glance at your journal an its looking good. Quite similar to mine so tomorrow when i get 5 ill be reading it all. Good luck mate

Couldn't wait till tomorrow had to read it all now, going to be tired in the morning.
well done bro very impressive :goodjob:
think its time for an update though were all waiting

Back
Top Bottom