Doozy's 2300W LED - 5x5 - Dinafem Seeds - 1st Grow

Hi all,

Again, sory for the big gaps between updates, i'm getting increasingly busy at the moment and it's difficult to remember to take photos of the grow as well as take care of the ladies.

I've have a theory that my first grow has been hindered by the fact that i vegged for far too long, and coupled with a huge amount of growth and stretch in flower, my plants were simply to crammed in. I don't think the buds were getting enough light, even after a defol.

My solution was to do a two stage harvest (perhaps even 3 stage if it comes to it) as the buds lower down the stems were nowhere near ready, whilst the buds at the top were almost overdone. So i've chopped about 80 heads off the plants at various heights, dependant upon where the buds appeared to need more time underneath.

I'm drying these in a cardboard box with a tube going straight into the tent for air circulation....so far the drying process seems fine, although the buds have very little smell, i'm hoping this improves in the curing process.

I think next time i'll top a lot less, and aim for fewer, bigger buds. Easy mistake to make i suppose....you live and learn :)

The first pic shows the difference between a fully matured bud, and a bud from the same plant which is nowhere near ready (it snapped off so i trimmed it regardless and took an pic) As you can see, they are at completely different stages even though they are from the same plant.

Screen_Shot_2015-02-20_at_15_56_45.png

So after chopping the tops off, i'm still left with loads of budsites, and after a defol the plants are looking like so (sorry it's a bit of a poor image)

P1150831.JPG

As you can see there's a lot left in the tent, all with clear trichs....these are basically the parts that previously weren't getting much, if any light. The buds are much brighter, and less developed.

Here is an image of the harvest so far, they've been hanging for about 48 hours so far, and the box seems to be doing it's job.

P1150837.JPG

P1150835.JPG

I'll try and get some close up bud shots soon, i'm using a crappy camera that just goes out of focus when i zoom in, so i'll get the phone charged and use that for some better shots.

Cheers and i hope you are all well :)

That's an excellent dangling display there, loving how tight the nuggets seem. well done.

As for this staggered harvest; I'm currently at the 'second canopy' stage of one myself; the buds that didn't get a lot of light are flourishing, and putting on weight, though even now after two weeks the trichomes are still mostly clear so maybe another week i guess.

First harvest yield - dry weight 170g. Very disappointing.

Second harvest looks to be around 250g, third will be lucky to yield 100. So total yield (guess work at this stage) is around the 500g mark, which means around 0.4g per watt.

I hate to say it, but these LEDs look like they are great for veg, but not for flower.

I wish it wasn't the case, but i think i'm going to keep the same setup in veg, then look for 4 x air cooled, 400w HPS with dimmable ballasts for flower. Either that or a 1k. Such a shame. :(

Hey Doozy, congratulations on your harvest, but sorry to hear you sound disappointed by the LEDs. You ended up having a similar yield to mine, but I am over the moon at the amount. I hope the changes you mention improve things and you won't be as disappointed with the next run :)

Mate I only got 130grams on my first grow with 3 plants. Second grow was only one plant and it yielded 1 oz more than then all three combined from my first grow lol. Last grow I hit 13oz from one plant. It only gets better mate. Take my word for it ;)
With your setup you'll be hitting 1kilo+ in no time Doozy

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom