Date - 12/19/22 - Day# 103 (W15D5), Flower Day# 72, Drought Day# 8
Strain - @Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with @DYNOMYCO and @GeoFlora Nutrients

Pebbles is more than halfway through her drought now. Yesterday I began giving her 'rescue drinks' by spraying a cup or two of water across the top. Then I cover her back up to try to keep as much of that moisture in as possible. It's really nothing more than some morning 'dew'.

Pebbles is definitely feeling the drought now. I've watched most of her lower fans, especially on the outside, go limp, shrivel up, go brown and fall off this week.

You can see it progressing up the plant. The middle fans are nearly horizontal now. Her upper fans are still pointing up, though not as much as before. She has a few ugly leaves up top too, but for the most part they're still going. I'll keep giving her daily rescue sprays now to try to get her to 11 days without those top fans going too far past horizontal.

I turned the @VIVOSUN AeroLight down to 75% yesterday, decreasing the DLI even further in her last week. I also turned the maximum temperature down to 76f, which runs the exhaust more and keeps it even dryer in the tent. And while Pebbles is slowly dying, she's doing everything she can to protect her buds. While the plant may be starting to look ugly, her buds are looking amazing!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Date - 12/19/22 - Day# 103 (W15D5), Flower Day# 72, Drought Day# 8
Strain - @Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with @DYNOMYCO and @GeoFlora Nutrients

Pebbles is more than halfway through her drought now. Yesterday I began giving her 'rescue drinks' by praying a cup or two of water across the top. Then I cover her back up to try to keep as much of that moisture in as possible. It's really nothing more than some morning 'dew'.

Pebbles is definitely feeling the drought now. I've watched most of her lower fans, especially on the outside, go limp, shrivel up, go brown and fall off this week.

You can see it progressing up the plant. The middle fans are nearly horizontal now. Her upper fans are still pointing up, though not as much as before. She has a few ugly leaves up top too, but for the most part they're still going. I'll keep giving her daily rescue sprays now to try to get her to 11 days without those top fans going too far past horizontal.

I turned the @VIVOSUN AeroLight down to 75% yesterday, decreasing the DLI even further in her last week. I also turned the maximum temperature down to 76f, which runs the exhaust more and keeps it even dryer in the tent. And while Pebbles is slowly dying, she's doing everything she can to protect her buds. While the plant may be starting to look ugly, her buds are looking amazing!

Thanks for this awesome recap of Pebbles progress Budman and for the added pictures and commentary. The last part, those incredible buds-this is why we do what we do here. It's something you can't overlook.

Super stoked for your smoke report. Appreciate you brother, thank you so much for sharing and trying again!!!

Would someone please explain to me how this auto is 100 days old? I thought the upside to auto’s was fast growing. No? I’m a little high n a bit perplexed. CL🍀
That's why my Super auto got so big, It goes 120 days + plant in May harvest in September
The upside is it doesn't need 12/12 light to trigger bloom. Up here in the north photo plants don't start to bloom till late Aug or Sept
Not all Auto's are small fast-growing plants, once they crossed the Sativa gene into it, it opened up the Auto's to be equal or even better than some Photos

i49 seeds Blueberry Autoflower, Theodore
Day 4 DROUGHT: TRICHOMES

FOR A VERY BRIEF COMPARATIVE PURPOSE, A SCOPED MIDDLE BUD

Clearly you can see how the elongation has yet to hit the more southern sections of this plant when you compare that photo to the main cola we are focusing on during this drought:

Happy Droughting friends!

i49 seeds Blueberry Autoflower, Theodore
DAY 5 DROUGHT, DAY 81 ABOVE

So Day 5 is the busy day!
From what I can see, the coraling has begun coraling around the buds, I guess the weight of the stalks and the increased weight of the bulbous heads may have something to do with this phenomenon of hugging the buds.

I see a high increase in amber filling not just the heads but also the complete stalks

I see coupling or twinning, whatever we want to call it, in new stalks emerging between existing stalks.

I see fattened bulbous heads and the coraling is something you just cant overlook. Most trichomes are now scraggly and twisted.

I took just a few shots of the plant to show you how despite all this going on, her pot being super dry, she really doesn't show her distress.

I'll be back tomorrow with Day 6, we may have a pull based off of trichome color percentages before this girl is even finished droughting. The force is strong in this one.

HAPPY DROUGHTING!!

Question. Your opinion. Between looking at the TRIs every day and such. In lamen words. . I'm a simple person. What did that do. . Going smoke better make more tris. Up the percentage of thc. And what's difference on a plant u didn't do that too. Compared to it.

Question. Your opinion. Between looking at the TRIs every day and such. In lamen words. . I'm a simple person. What did that do. . Going smoke better make more tris. Up the percentage of thc. And what's difference on a plant u didn't do that too. Compared to it.
In lamens terms:

There is a network in the plant that regulates cannabinoid and terpene production. Etc etc.

During a specific set of time in the plants flowering phase, this network amps up this production.

We drought during this time.

When we drought, the plant (seeded or not) wants to "protect the seeds" since it's main mission is to reproduce. In doing so, the plant goes crazy producing resin to build a protective layer around the buds.

With my Blueberry in these last 5 days, this process has taken off and when it does, the amount of cannabinoids produced by the plant, and stored in those bulbous heads are intensely amplified.

Result: A powerful smoke, with yes increased THC and other compounds that will cause your end smoking flower to be much more medicinal.

A plant without this technique, that end smoke is not as strong and those buds have far less resin

Teddy's looking fat and almost ready! Twinning! I like that!
:thanks: :slide:
What name scope do you use or suggest for those nice close pics? I'm ready to dive in.
I use an Ankylin 50-1000x USB handheld Bluetooth

16716470123916548492907271495570.jpg
16716470478083383655053534347373.jpg
16716470679202990342553929943485.jpg

I got if off Zon last year I like it buuut I'm looking and they have some with higher magnification I think I like.

My issue is holding it and it getting blurry so @Melville Hobbes suggested I purchase a mic stand, I found one with a gooseneck that I think will be perfect and help me get rid of that blur when zooming in

Screenshot_20221221-132659_Amazon Shopping.jpg

In lamens terms:

There is a network in the plant that regulates cannabinoid and terpene production. Etc etc.

During a specific set of time in the plants flowering phase, this network amps up this production.

We drought during this time.

When we drought, the plant (seeded or not) wants to "protect the seeds" since it's main mission is to reproduce. In doing so, the plant goes crazy producing resin to build a protective layer around the buds.

With my Blueberry in these last 5 days, this process has taken off and when it does, the amount of cannabinoids produced by the plant, and stored in those bulbous heads are intensely amplified.

Result: A powerful smoke, with yes increased THC and other compounds that will cause your end smoking flower to be much more medicinal.

A plant without this technique, that end smoke is not as strong and those buds have far less resin
That's what needed to know. . Simple version. Gotcha. Have to try that. On spice plant I got . And keep watching in back ground. Thank you. For the simple version.

That's what needed to know. . Simple version.
I try to make it sound as simple as I can
Gotcha. Have to try that. On spice plant I got . And keep watching in back ground.
Yes, please and post here if you want! Even just a link to your journal where you show it. We would love to follow along!
Thank you. For the simple version.
Of course, anything to help make it seem truly tangible. It's not magic, it's a technique like anything else is all!

:thanks: :slide:

I use an Ankylin 50-1000x USB handheld Bluetooth

16716470123916548492907271495570.jpg
16716470478083383655053534347373.jpg
16716470679202990342553929943485.jpg

I got if off Zon last year I like it buuut I'm looking and they have some with higher magnification I think I like.

My issue is holding it and it getting blurry so @Melville Hobbes suggested I purchase a mic stand, I found one with a gooseneck that I think will be perfect and help me get rid of that blur when zooming in

Screenshot_20221221-132659_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Thanks Krissi! On it! I'll look for more power! grunt! grunt! 😃
Done! Waiting for the delivery⚡

Thanks Krissi! On it! I'll look for more power! grunt! grunt! 😃
Why can I see a pair of silver balls hanging from the back of your F350, reflecting your snorty caveman face right now :rofl:

Being a Gemini that comes and goes. Hehe, hanging balls on the vehicle is for someone else I have to say. I do enjoy more power and explosive sounds though in the proper place!:cheesygrinsmiley::woohoo:
A fellow Gemini. Speak no more. We can continue to communicate telepathically moving forward
Bathroom?
Saw that this morning. Son blew out a rocket in his small potty...coulda maybe used the big boy potty for that colossus.
:rofl:

Pebbles is on Day# 10 of her drought. The leaves on the bottom of the plant have completely given up.

The middle leaves were horizontal yesterday, but it looks like they're about done now.

The top leaves are still hanging in there, but by tomorrow they'll be in trouble too.

To me that shows that she's putting all her energy into the top of the plant, into the buds. Tomorrow's day 11, so I'm planning to fill the res and see how much I can bring her back before the chop. Overall she's looking pretty good, and just about ready to finish up.

Pebbles is on Day# 10 of her drought. The leaves on the bottom of the plant have completely given up.

The middle leaves were horizontal yesterday, but it looks like they're about done now.

The top leaves are still hanging in there, but by tomorrow they'll be in trouble too.

To me that shows that she's putting all her energy into the top of the plant, into the buds. Tomorrow's day 11, so I'm planning to fill the res and see how much I can bring her back before the chop. Overall she's looking pretty good, and just about ready to finish up.

So awesome that you pushed her through the full 11 days! She's looking mighty chop ready Budman!! Big ol beautifully crystallized auto lady!
BUD PICS NEXT!!!????!!!:dreamy:

That's a big difference top to bottom, so I wonder when Caplan would have watered again. The lower fans definitely display more than a 50% change in leaf angle but the tops don't.

Back
Top Bottom