Ed's Auto & Photoperiod Mother Tent V2

:cheesygrinsmiley: Purple Punch Auto definitely greening now. There may be hope for her yet!
51 days flowering
:cheesygrinsmiley:
09 26 2021 PPA 51 days.jpg

Here is the latest shot of my beautiful problem child Purple Punch Auto.
Started to spot up again.
If as advertised, we have about 11 days to go. Nice dense buds, though not as sticky or stinky as I would like. Just a few browned over pistils. Trics really just starting.
She was still pulling her runoff water down a full point this morning, so 2 more teaspoons of lime and a drop of pH up in the pan.
10 04 2021 PPA.jpg

:nomo: Wish LilWil8 Wappa clone and I luck.

Moved from the clone ICU to the Mars tent today.

I've turned my Mars down to around 60% as an experiment. Hopefully we see some improvement for the next round. My previous Auto was a Critical Mass. It was my largest yield yet but it never really triced over and I would consider it a B minus at best. It's probably a little too late for Purple Punch Auto1 with only 1-2 weeks to go. She is finally starting to tric over and producing a nice scent. So far so good with Purple Punch Auto2 at about 4 weeks, and LilWil7 Wappa at about 8 weeks - no appreciable yellowing or spotting.

:cheesygrinsmiley: Photo update :cheesygrinsmiley:

Does LilWil8 Wappa want to live? Only time will tell.
10 12 2021 LilWil8.jpg

:hmmmm: Still vexed by LilWil7 Wappa's continuing yellowing. pH looks okay now, strictly following nutrient supplementation so as not to overfeed. :hmmmm:
10 12 2021 LilWil7.jpg

Similar concern with LilPurps Purple Punch Auto, except leaf spotting instead of yellowing. pH is better and continuing to monitor. Mars TSL 2000 light turned down to about 55%. Now on FF Open Sesame.
10 12 2021 Lilpurps1.jpg

Lastly and further along is Purple Punch Auto at 68 days. I was anticipated harvest at 70, but since she is still producing more trics and scent, and has plenty of white pistils I will wait another week and see. :yummy:
10 12 2021 Purple Punch Auto.jpg

:nomo: My one and only Barney's Purple Punch Auto clone is now about halfway through her life cycle so time for another Auto. Being very happy with both Mama and clone, I figured I would give my last of the 5 pack a try. I say 'try' because so far, 2 of the previous 4 did not germinate. I know this happens and I know I should not take seriously any seed producer or distributer's claims that the 'guarantee' germination. Sure, at $10-$15 per seed, this hurts a poor old man who was weened on discarding thousands of unwanted Columbian landrace seeds via Pink Floyd or Hot Tuna vinyl album covers, but I digress.
Good luck with resolution - literally like pulling teeth TNS billing dispute Anyhow, another non starter :thedoubletake: :sorry:

So yesterday I dropped my last CANUK Critical Mass Auto from @True North Seed Bank and thankfully it opened overnight. Looks like another round of CMA :reading420magazine: So far, no Autos have 'thrilled' me, they're just 'okay' but not spectacular like my photo periods. There will be ample, over the counter direct to consumer, no delivery issue funny business soon in Amsterdam

Most regretfully @True North Seed Bank is just too unreliable a supplier to count on, such a shame.

Look out Wappa, I'm comin to get ya Wappa, Wappa Auto, Tangerine Sorbet - I must be dreaming

:hmmmm: In terms of the ongoing battle against yellowing and spotting :nomo: on my Autos, we have another possible culprit in nutrient lock. I didn't think I was over feeding, I was using about 1/2 suggested manufacturer's dosage until just recently. Photos I've found online look like precisely what I am seeing. Previously increasing the feeding dosages only worsened the condition, suggesting nutrient lock may have been a problem all along.

She's now had 1 flush of 2 gallons fresh water, followed by a flush of 2x her 5 gallon container size 2 days later. I now need to let her dry out fully. I went and got some FF Boomerang to help her recover when she is ready again for some foods.

Hope we're onto something, fingers crossed.

:nomo: My one and only Barney's Purple Punch Auto clone is now about halfway through her life cycle so time for another Auto. Being very happy with both Mama and clone, I figured I would give my last of the 5 pack a try. I say 'try' because so far, 2 of the previous 4 did not germinate. I know this happens and I know I should not take seriously any seed producer or distributer's claims that the 'guarantee' germination. Sure, at $10-$15 per seed, this hurts a poor old man who was weened on discarding thousands of unwanted Columbian landrace seeds via Pink Floyd or Hot Tuna vinyl album covers, but I digress.
Good luck with resolution - literally like pulling teeth TNS billing dispute Anyhow, another non starter :thedoubletake: :sorry:

So yesterday I dropped my last CANUK Critical Mass Auto from @True North Seed Bank and thankfully it opened overnight. Looks like another round of CMA :reading420magazine: So far, no Autos have 'thrilled' me, they're just 'okay' but not spectacular like my photo periods. There will be ample, over the counter direct to consumer, no delivery issue funny business soon in Amsterdam

Most regretfully @True North Seed Bank is just too unreliable a supplier to count on, such a shame.

Look out Wappa, I'm comin to get ya Wappa, Wappa Auto, Tangerine Sorbet - I must be dreaming
Critical Mass Auto opened, but never sprouted and has died.

Last CMA bean onto the germination plate. Down to one Auto bean, a Cheese.

:reading420magazine:Good news, and bad news. :hmmmm:

First the good news. The Bruce Banner Auto bean I bought from one of my VA amigos sprouted, so we finally have a replacement Auto going into the spot of our soon to be harvested Purple Punch.

The bad news, @True North Seed Bank 's Critical Mass Auto was another non-starter bean. This follows a failed Purple Punch Auto, and a second Canuk Critical Mass Auto, all from @True North Seed Bank .

These Bruce Banner Auto beans have been a challenge. One still basks in the germination plate. The other finally cracked open and sprouted just a tiny bit so I up potted her. She needed some attention on day 2 so I reoriented her a bit. After another 3 days under her make shift humidity dome she is finally greening so there is hope for a Bruce Banner Auto after all, and if I am very lucky, a Brigitta Brucebannersdotter clone :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 61 for Penelope Purplepunchautosdotter - about 10% clear - 90% cloudy trics - another week? She is more purple every day leading me to fear I've harvested previous dears ones too early. Grow and learn.

Day 27 for Bruce Banner Fem - hopefully mother. She's way too little yet to take a clone. This BB is a slow starter.

Day 7 for Bruce Banner Fem2 - between her and #1, I hope to get a clone cycle going to carry me through April when I can replenish with the best in Amsterdam

Pictorial Progress Report:

Bruce Banner Auto Fem - Day 2
11 21 2021 BBA.jpg

Bruce Banner Fem #2 - Day 11
11 21 2021 BBF2.jpg

Bruce Banner Fem #1 - Day 30
11 21 2021 BBF1.jpg

Penelope PurplePunchFemAutosDotter - Day 65
11 21 2021 Penelope PurplePunchAutosDotter day 65.jpg
Nice progression Ed.
Stay safe.
Bill

Tent has thinned out quite a bit :sorry:

Bruce Banner Fem #1 still struggling at day #41. Continuing yellowing and spotting and damned if I can't nail it down. No sign of root bound but I up potted her from a 1 gallon to a 3 gallon pot anyway. I filled the balance of this new pot with Pro Mix vs. the FF Ocean Forest she got started in thinking FF may be too hot for her early stages. After weeks of plain water, she's gotten a half dose of FF Boomerang with fingers crossed.

Bruce Banner Fem #2 is now way ahead of #1. She is a few days yet from topping. Hoping for better cloning luck. Relative to other strains I've grown, Bruce Banner is a slow starter. There's been an open spot in the 12/12 tent now for 6 days with nothing to put over there :sorry: the Universe intervening again to teach me patience.

Bruce Banner Fem Auto is coming along nicely. She is even further away from any topping and clone attempts. Fingers crossed.

Keenly interested to continue to propagate Wappa, I had attempted cloning some bottom growth off LilWil7 already well into flowering. :thedoubletake: crazy, I know. Of the 7, only 1 rooted. At the moment, she is really just a stick with roots and it doesn't look good. We'll be patient with her and double cross our fingers for this one.

Problem child Bruce Banner Fem#1 day 45.

:hmmmm: She is starting to recover, except now I can't be sure which corrective action or actions helped. Thus, still clueless what went wrong in the first place :thedoubletake:

She may have just needed more time after flushings
or
She might have needed up potting
or
Potting into a non-fertilized medium
or
3 weekly FF Boomerang treatments
or
Some combination?!?

12 06 2021 BBF1 day 45.jpg

Back
Top Bottom