Emeraldo's 2017 Female Seeds Grow - Sexbud - ICE - Purple Maroc

My ICE is @ 7.5 weeks (by my counting since bringing her inside at night for 12.5 hours in a dark room). Maybe she started flowering naturally before that... Amazing how soon >50% of trichs turned milky! Will chop tomorrow!

IMG_096049.jpg

Summary of Emeraldo's 2017 Female Seeds Grow - Sexbud - ICE - Purple Maroc

Sexbud report

Germination: April 28, 100% germination rate.

Veg: May 14 to end of June

Flowering: Early or mid-July to end of August. First saw pistils on SB1 on July 26 (were at least 2 days developed), harvested Aug 27. SB2 harvested Sept 1.

Growth: Slow to kick into vigorous vegetative growth. Of the three strains I grew, SB was second to fill in and to begin flowering, but SB needs veg time to produce a strong healthy plant before flowering. Adjusted quickly to topping, LST, tying. Branching easy to work with on supercropping.

Buds: Round button-like nuggets. Frosty in flowering, dried buds are hard and full of resin. They gum up the grinder and give off fruity aroma. These buds are not fluffly but dense. Moisture tends to reside inside them, and SB took a bit longer than PM in drying.

Yield: About 95 grams per plant.

Odor: Not much until a week/10 days before harvest. SB1 had sweet and light pineapple that got a thicker and heavier rotten pineapple aroma. SB2 a citrus aroma like grapefruit that got heavier and stronger. Not very intense, for this reason is a good stealth strain.

Effect: This weed is amazing. Dried buds have wonderful aroma. Effect is uplifting and energizing, long-lasting, mostly clear. An intoxicated feeling in my head. Puts me in the mood to get active.

Purple Maroc report

Veg: May 14 to end of June

Flowering: Early or mid-July to end of August. I saw first pistils on PM2 on July 8, harvested Aug 25 (7 weeks). For PM1, first saw pistils on July 29, harvested August 28-29. This raised a question about the way this plant flowered, since pistils were not visible until late July. PM1 may have accelerated flowering due to my switching to 12.5 hours of absolute darkness each night beginning on July 28. Or it was flowering "from the inside" without showing it outwardly.

Growth: Both plants showed vigorous and healthy vegetative growth. Very leafy, fine delicate sativa-looking leaves. Adjusted quickly to topping, LST, tying. This plant loved my N-rich organic soil but was not bothered by much.

Buds: Long colas with ample pistil growth and purple calyxes, with fine budleaf. Buds were fat looking, but not dense. Buds dried quickly, losing the appearance of bulk and slimming down considerably. Dried buds are long and slender. Fluffly, pulls apart nicely after cure for smoking or vaping.

Yield: About 95 grams per plant.

Odor: Not much until right before harvest -- a thinck sweet and sour diesel. Not much at all for the first plant, PM2. But PM1 harvested three days later on August 28-29 had stronger, heavier, thicker sweet diesel smell than PM2. Actually, for security reasons this low odor strain makes a good stealth grow.

Effect: Uplifting, long-lasting, clear. "Not too strong, not too weak." PM is a good weed for standard use. I can enjoy this weed and go about daily activities and remain focused. Interesting, how PM1 (the faster flowering, later harvested plant with a more intense aroma) seems a bit stronger than PM2.

Summary of Emeraldo's 2017 Female Seeds Grow - Sexbud - ICE - Purple Maroc

ICE report

Veg: May 14 to late July

Flowering: Late July to middle of September. Flowering was triggered by shortening day length during July. Switching on July 28 from 24-hours outdoors to an indoor light-tight room for 12.5 hours at night made her go into full flower. ICE was already very mature at that point, having vegged since early May and formed preflowers in July. I saw first pistils pushing out on August 8, but amazingly harvested Sept 13-14 (5 weeks later) with about 80% milky trichs. Given the Female Seeds "flowering period" of 8 or 9 weeks, I am not sure if this result can be duplicated.

Growth: ICE showed vigorous vegetative growth. Very deep green color, tough-textured leaves having the feel of pineapple sage, broader indica-looking leaves. Adjusted quickly to topping, LST, tying. Supercropping was super easy, the branches in pre-flower were like wire and easy to bend and form during veg. One ICE plant did react adversely to my N-rich organic soil (contained chicken manure pellets), and started clawing. I flushed and added soil with less N and the problem was solved.

Buds: Large, leafy buds, full of resin, absolutely coated with trichs. The harvest and manicure was made easy by the stem structure, with most of the leaves quickly removed. Fairly thick buds, required more time to dry than strains with finer thinner leafcoat. So sticky my hands and scissors needed serious cleaning!

Yield: About 100 grams per plant.

Odor: Strong, full-bodied aroma. No fruit or citrous smell, just indica.

Effect: Calming, relaxing body high, clear head.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom