A Small Tribute to a Big Irish Doode

I'm curious as to why you're gettin moldy? That's a bummer man. Spores in the tent or ducting?

Maybe one of the phresh intake hepa filters would help. I have them but I live in Vegas so mold is almost non existent here so not sure how effective they really are.

Thinking about it, the rH was probably affected by the feeding I gave them today (the Purple Maroc and the shorter GDP S1):

1 gallon RO water
4 tsp hydrolyzed fish fertilizer
4 ml micros
2 tsp CaMg+
4 ml sulfate of potash

Each of the 2 plants probably took up the better part of 2/3 of that gallon. I thought I better put that info down while I was thinking about it. I'll post the numbers on the temp and rH again tomorrow when the unit's been running for a few hours.

Notes bro...

LOTS of notes. :biglaugh:

It sounds like you got a lot going on. You could put it all here. I have a lot of 'notes' in my journal here that are not in my written journals, but I would be lost without my lab notes. :blalol: :morenutes:

I started with just a mostly empty spiral bound notebook (tore out the 3 used pages at the front hehe). I've now moved on to composition books. The kind you may have used in a lab during college. I ordered a whole box and have several going for different projects. It's sorta like a written journal. The advantage is, it's right there, in the grow room, all the time! :) I don't know about you, but I smoke a lot of pot and have trouble remembering stuff by the time I get to the computer. :hmmmm:

Just this last weekend, I taped some calendars up near each reservoir. I now make detailed notes, ie how much of each nute, into the journal, but I make short notes on the calendar such as ph/ppm/temp readings and small "rc" notes so I can tell when I last changed the res.

Not telling you how to get your grow on. Just sharing what works for me. ymmv :Namaste:

Yeah 6 different grow units running all at once it does get pretty hard to remember it all :) I try to do each grow unit with the same nutes to make it easier. My Lowryder #1 grow, clone locker, and Chem breeding project are all FF, and all 3 of my flowering units are alternating aerated compost tea and hydrolyzed fish fertilizer with waterings every third time. I try to go by when the plants look like they need fed as opposed to a timed schedule (partly to avoid having to keep written records). If I ever get into DWC going like I want, I'll hang a clip board in the tent with a calendar and notebook; I know I'll need it then.

More inspection pics. The grey area in the center of the first pic is where I would expect to see mold under a magnifier but either I can't get focused on that exact spot or it's just the colors and trich clustering (which I hope). I have a 60x - 100x magnifier and I'm not finding any yet. I know I'm going to, though:

0012050.JPG
0022032.JPG
0031952.JPG

Here's the Purple Maroc:

0051724.JPG

Keeping a skeptical eye on these..... :straightface:

None so far. I'm still looking for something under a magnifier to confirm grey mold.
I managed to get the unit up to 80.5F, which left the rH at 37% yesterday. I checked the unit that the Blue Dream and other GDP S1 are in, and it started out the cycle at 54% rH at the tent floor. I hung the thermometer up higher so the readings would be from the area of the canopy top.

The blurred spot in this first pic, for example. By eye? Two hairs that grew stuck together. It looks blurred just like in the pic, too (probably because I'm old and can't see worth a rat's a$$). That's why I do the magnifying and pic cropping, to enlarge those areas to see if mold is there:

0012051.JPG
0051726.JPG

This Purple Maroc is pressed right up against it and doesn't look funny:

0022033.JPG

rH is now 35% by the way, but the top of the unit is getting a bit hot; I'll increase the fan speed just a hair.

4 gallons of RO water
1 cup of Alaskan forest humus
1 cup of mushroom compost
1 cup of organic compost
1 cup of earthworm castings
4 Tbsp of SuperSwell 0-7-0
3/4 cup of processed chicken manure 5-3-2
4 Tbsp of kelp meal
4 tsp of unsulfured molasses

I started bubbling this at 10:00 A.M. and I'll add 4 ml of micros, 4 ml of sulfate of potash, and 2 tsp of CaMg+ before I use it on the 4 plants (probably tomorrow afternoon).

This GDP pheno must be Purple Urkel dominant because I don't think Big Bud when I look at the lack of weed hanging off it. That last feeding pushed it too much. See the leaf margins on the top burnt up like that? :(

0022036.JPG
0012055.JPG

The purple Maroc doesn't have much longer to go:

0031957.JPG

I'll try to get some pics of the other GDP S1 and the Blue Dream tonight.

Back
Top Bottom