A Small Tribute to a Big Irish Doode

This grow is at 4 weeks of 12/12 today, which would make it approximately 2-1/2 weeks of flowering. Here are the 4 plants in the daytime unit, along with the White S1 I have in there too (middle, and thickest plant):

0061502.JPG

Turning the flash down helps with these pics. I needed to turn that one up a little, though. :)

Grand Daddy Purple S1:

0071410.JPG

Not-yet-purple Purple Maroc :)

0081296.JPG

Quite-purple-and-getting-more-so Purple #1:

011904.JPG
0101055.JPG

Top of other Grand Daddy Purple S1:

012825.JPG

Not looking bad, considering I've got 6-7 weeks yet for some of them. I picked a good time to back off the chicken poo by half; the new growth has a N toxicity curl happening and the leaf tips are burnt, not to mention how dark green the P#1 is. One of the down sides of doing multiple strains together; not all strains and phenos have the same requirements. Post more pics soon.

I'm going to get the compost/manure tea going I thought I'd post a few more pics as I'm getting off the laziness and trying a few of these camera settings :) Here are the 4 under the 400 watt HPS. This Purple #1 I think is fading out just right; the green leaving the leaves as it gets closer to chop:

0012027.JPG

I think both of these Purple Marocs are heavy feeders. I'll get a pic of the other one and the Blue Dream up tonight, but the other PM is just as light green as this one. I'll add hydrolyzed fish fertilizer into the waterings for those two:

0022011.JPG

Smaller GDP S1:

0031932.JPG

Larger GDP S1 (top cola and lower nodal intersection pics):

0051706.JPG
0041808.JPG

I'm going to run a sulfur evaporator in this unit for 3 hours this week. I want to do a preventative grey mold treatment; this grow is going good and I don't want to mess it up :)

4 gallons of RO water
4 tsp. of unsulfured molasses
4 tsp. of kelp meal 1-0-2
4 Tbsp. of SuperSwell 0-7-0
1/2 cup of processed chicken manure 5-3-2
1 cup of organic compost
1 cup of Alaskan forest humus
1 cup of mushroom compost
1 cup of earthworm castings

I started aerating this mixture at 11:00 this morning, and I'll feed all 6 plants tomorrow.

looking lovely my friend :thumb:

The Big Doode would be proud :Namaste:

I fed all 6 of the plants today :) Here's the Blue Dream (I'll get a step ladder and get a better pic of the top; the second pic is some of the middle buds):

0051708.JPG
0061506.JPG

The topped Purple Maroc (a few of the tops and another middle shot; what little purple there is doesn't show easily by eye):

0091156.JPG
0071413.JPG
0081298.JPG

Man I hope nothing else hermies..... :straightface:

Man I hope nothing else hermies..... :straightface:

Hope in one hand and $hit in the other; see which one gets full first :) Other Purple #1 dammit man!

0012032.JPG

Here's the one and only top cola view where there's no clearly visible nanner; one last pic before execution day :rip:

0031937.JPG

Well I don't have to chop my Free Tibet clone early for the room. In a few weeks, I'll put this GDP S1 in there:

0051711.JPG

The shorter Purple Maroc is hanging in there :)

0061507.JPG

As you can tell by the health of both plants (and this whole grow in general), conditions didn't trip the hermaphrodite thing in either one. I'm still bummed though. Looks like a redo grow for me may be in order for when everyone else starts their tribute grow :hmmmm:

Sorry to everyone that was watching that strain for growing tips; I'm letting it go one more day before I chop it to be sure, but I'm just putting off the inevitable, I know..... :(

The $hit hand gets full first :straightface: Another before execution pic - topped Purple Maroc:

0012034.JPG
0071415.JPG

A few pics of the Blue Dream:

0041815.JPG
0051713.JPG

Down to a 4 plant grow. I think the world of BID, but I don't have as high of a regard for some of the work out there from these breeders. I think I'm going to stick with the old school ones, since I don't know the right people to get a good cut of something from.
Post more pics soon.

That a bummer about the hermies man! The smoke looks so bomb though! Don't be put off by the Dream it's a slow starter at least it was for me.

All caught up and subbed! You grow some amazing flowers my chimp friend. Much love and respect.

Thanks, Sphnx. I'm gonna take that Blue Dream out of the corner to get a better pic; it's already started putting on the frost I just need to get a downward shot of it to show how it looks. I looked at the other Purple Maroc and things are okay there no nanners. The two GDP S1s are frosty as Hell; I'm glad I kept cloning that pheno long enough to self it. No purple there either, but it purps up a lot easier without the cold night temps than most phenos. It'll start showing color soon.

I noticed the stems on your Blue Dream are purple on the underside. I believe that your Blue Dream has a calcium and magnesium deficiency. I would use a calcium and magnesium supplement if you are not using one.

I noticed the stems on your Blue Dream are purple on the underside. I believe that your Blue Dream has a calcium and magnesium deficiency. I would use a calcium and magnesium supplement if you are not using one.

The excessively upward angle of the top cola leaves is probably a condition called praying for magnesium; I think you're right. I don't know if it's okay to exceed the 2 tsp./gallon I started using recently (upped from the normal feeding of 1 because of a slight Ca deficiency in my now culled Purple #1), but I'll try giving it a bit extra; I can't even get a good pic of the top. Thanks KJC.

Here's the 400 watt plants :) They look okay I hope they stay that way. The whole unit (I hope to put that tall GDP S1 on the right in the 600 watt tent over the next few days):

0012038.JPG

It's got time, so I think if I put it in there I'll get the extra yield. I hope the light change don't stress it. Here's a pic:

0031940.JPG

The shorter one:

0071416.JPG
0022020.JPG

The Purple Maroc (with upward curling leaf tips at the top):

0041817.JPG

I'm going to do a compost tea and add all the mineral supplements I've been using along with a last dose of GWS as soon as the soil dries.

You done hiding in the basement my friend?

o0oh o0ohh aaAAh Ah! Those looks great my friend. So frosty and delicious looking. Watch out for the Sphnx in your tent eating your buds ;)

Hey what's up Sphnx? I'm gonna have to do that when she's away from now on :)
It's gonna be a tight one for the Blue Dream going into the end; that 2 gallon pot and the plant being almost 5' tall inside it is not good. I have to water every night now, but at least it gives me a chance to correct the Mg deficiency. I'll do the heavy feeding of it every time until I see the condition gone. I know now that because this tent is tweeked at about 8 on a scale of 10 (in my opinion) and it's a 600 watt lamp, that I need to use 3 gallon pots in everything going in here to flower. My Free Tibet clone in the tent with it is the same way; needing watering in the 2 gallon pot it's in every night. In the future, until I learn organics better I'm going to use GO's line, FF for side grows, and jus do single plant experiments with self made compost tea recipes to see how they work before I do whole grows like this. Each plant strain having different specific nutrient needs seems to be more of a problem as grows get further into flower. Each one shows different levels of green in the leaves, and only one plant (I'm doing it on the side) with these compost teas is showing P deficiency. I'll be mixing up another batch of compost tea tomorrow, speaking of it. Post more pics soon.

4 gallons of RO water
4 tsp. of unsulfured molasses
1 cup of organic compost
1 cup of earthworm castings
1 cup of mushroom compost
1 cup of Alaskan forest humus
1/4 cup of Organic Foothill Fertilizer .5-4-1
4 Tbsp. of SuperSwell 0-7-0
4 tsp. of kelp meal 1-0-2

I started this aerated compost/manure tea at 9:45 A.M today; I'll add the organic micros and CaMg+ tomorrow before I feed.

I'm gonna go ahead and make the move of putting the taller GDP S1 on the right into the 600 watt unit tonight. The shorter GDP S1 and the Purple Maroc can go on both ends of this unit then, with the 2 White S1s in the middle (the White S1 in the back only has a few more weeks to go):

0012039.JPG

This top cola on that GDP S1 needs more distance from the light bulb. That's why I want to do the change:

0031941.JPG

You can see the purple starting to come out. I like this GDP pheno, because the temps aren't really cold at night yet, and this is happening anyway:

0071417.JPG

The shorter GDP S1 is showing it a little in the calyxes:

0022021.JPG

Purple Maroc, with those curled up leaf blade tips; the tea I'm doing doesn't have much N I hope that helps:

0041818.JPG

The Purple Maroc is the first one that should finish. It's flowering time is 50 days, and it's been 28 since the first hairs. I'm going to heavy dose the Blue Dream tonight with CaMg+; I'll give it micros while I'm at it. But only a light watering so I can feed tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics up too; maybe I'll do a pot-to-plant size comparison pic, so you can see why I'm worried about it finishing out healthy.

Back
Top Bottom