Experienced Grower Needs Help?

I'm going to go buy my stuff..i have too much on the line..i need my soil ph to be 5.5-6.2 not 7-7.2....I just cant go with what he said even though he's an expert and know's what I'm growing..i have to go buy dolomite lime and soil acidifier..i have a feeling I'm right too..so fuck it..im confident but nervous. this means I'm going against an expert...he did refer to himself as an expert so I'm going against an expert is how I feel. I think I'm right..."lower the soil ph! and not my feed" He's saying lower my feed ph and adjust my water/feed to 4.0 or 5.0 ph to bring the medium to 5.5 to 6.5. I don't see how you can do that with a soilless mix as promix hp without adding lime or acidifier.

Then do it, dont listen to people saying they are trying to save you money when you need to pull threw to save the actual money

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I never added lime or acidifier so I really don't know..this is new to me and with all me research NOW I cant see how this can be achieved without these two thing stablizeing your medium's ph! am I missing soething?

You'll be fine newb, don't stress too much. Just get a fresh pot of promix and add lime little by little and check ph each time you add it in and mix it thoroughly. It's not as hard as it seems. You'll be ok, don't stress too much. These plants are really hardy. I 2nd canna about talking to doc bud or duggan, there the real experts if you ask me. They'll be able to help you out with any questions you have. Also, if you do use tap water I suggest getting an RO filter set up. Or you can be like me and just keep buying tons of RO water lol. Good luck man and keep us updated, you got this! ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Newb, go talk to Duggan or Doc Bud. They are the high brix guys and will know exactly what you need to do. I have a question though. What kind of water are you using? Tap water is no good in high brix. I think they use ro water.

Morning Canna ....and Newb! I just got a link to find you here. A few things Newb, stop trying to reach a certain PH using soil (PM). Do not mix in ANY Dolomite Lime and or things trying to acidify your soil. When growing in soil , it's important to feed the biota and let the soil microbes sort out the PH. You have to get out of the mind set of feeding the plants....it's counter-productive OK. The biota must do this for you, that's why it's very important to use distilled, RO,well water or tap water that's sat out for a few days so all the chemicals don't kill off the microbes. ALL of us on the mag. growing in our DBHBB soil don't take PH readings,....don't have to bud,. the microbes sort all that out for us. The PH you are trying so very hard to stabilize will NOT the way you are trying, you have to just let it be . I've read some of this journal, but i'm busy with my 2 boys this week so not too much time here. IMO, i would get a fresh batch of DBHBB soil cooking and start growing with our "Kit"....once you make the switch you'll thank me....but right now , i know your stressed and frustrated with your grow. please go over to some of our journals and check out Doc Buds "In the lab" thread , or his Q's on high brix thread, it's worth it bud , just ask around....No worries with PH or soil...no worries with this feed or that feed,.....just very high quality produce ,crop after crop.
I hope i've helped .....Have an awesome day Canna and Newb!:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Morning Canna ....and Newb! I just got a link to find you here. A few things Newb, stop trying to reach a certain PH using soil (PM). Do not mix in ANY Dolomite Lime and or things trying to acidify your soil. When growing in soil , it's important to feed the biota and let the soil microbes sort out the PH. You have to get out of the mind set of feeding the plants....it's counter-productive OK. The biota must do this for you, that's why it's very important to use distilled, RO,well water or tap water that's sat out for a few days so all the chemicals don't kill off the microbes. ALL of us on the mag. growing in our DBHBB soil don't take PH readings,....don't have to bud,. the microbes sort all that out for us. The PH you are trying so very hard to stabilize will NOT the way you are trying, you have to just let it be . I've read some of this journal, but i'm busy with my 2 boys this week so not too much time here. IMO, i would get a fresh batch of DBHBB soil cooking and start growing with our "Kit"....once you make the switch you'll thank me....but right now , i know your stressed and frustrated with your grow. please go over to some of our journals and check out Doc Buds "In the lab" thread , or his Q's on high brix thread, it's worth it bud , just ask around....No worries with PH or soil...no worries with this feed or that feed,.....just very high quality produce ,crop after crop.
I hope i've helped .....Have an awesome day Canna and Newb!:circle-of-love::Namaste:
Thanks for stopping by Duggan! As I mentioned earlier in the pm, I'm not sure what info to give newb, but I knew you would stop by to help. Thanks again, and I sincerely hope Duggans info helped you. Have a great day guys! :thanks:

Thank you soon much cannae and dug...im currently am tied up at the moment as soon as i get free ill update and be able to respond don't want to get pulled over for txt and driving

I'm growing in 2 different mediums right now..for my photo's I'm using ffof for auto's I'm using promix HP..the reason why I'm doing it this way is because of my test and experiments ffof is too hot for auto flowers..

My main goal is these auto's I want a 3 month crop from seed..also with smart meters and yada yada I'm scared to make a switch from 18/6 to 12/12 but my tent does its own thing and I have it set up that way..I spent damn near 7 to 8 k on this all I have to worry about is feeding..so with everything working on the same circuit and things going off and coming on at different times I believe I can't beat this smart meter and go 12/12 but I'm not sure what they measure

I'll have pics of my set up soon.. anything I should adjust or change please feel free to state..I think I did everything to ensure my family's safety...if anything else please let me know

FFOF doesn't need nutes in early veg, it was too hot for me as is for clones and water only. Pro mix will need nutes eventually. When your pots aren't wet and ready to water, a basic worm casting or compost tea could only help.

I get green growth on perlite when I over water, or an uncovered swick. If i water correctly and the soil is shaded, I get a white fuzz on the top of my soil.

Biota refers to a total group of organisms living in a area and their symbiotic relationship.

Brix refers to the level of enternal sugars produced by the plant. For example cotton candy grapes flavor comes from their extremely high natural brix level.

Brix level in cannabis is very important as it uses this to produce everything. From laminas pistil to calyxs. Brix is mainly formed in the large fan leaves this is why pruning them is a no no. Low brix clones will die everytime.

Think of nutes in soil as vitamins and humans who Eat natural and right no vitamins will ever be need. Id like to see this vitamin tree in the wild people seem to think exist. Time and time again OTC vitamins have proven to be useless.

Natural top soil is made over eons and eons of organisms eating, poohing, dying, and rotting away this is how the plants feed naturally. The microbes digest larger molecules and break them down. So the plants can absorb them.

On the plant there is pores called stomata. The stomata actually take in nutes and water better then the roots. The stomata open from sound waves found in bird calls, human voices, music. When the stomata are open they pull in everything they can.

If soil is too hot that just means way to much nutes have been added to it. Kind of like how vitamin c can heal you or kill you depending on dosage, and how you can eat a orange or make evergreen tea for or just take asorbic acid pills which do you think is more effective? Natures way or the pharmacies?

I like Duggan urge you to read read read everything you can.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom