Fallen Cannabis Warrior - William Curley Snyder aka NorCaliwood

Sad to hear, and May He have Peace with the Lord.

When joined this site back in 2012 there where 3 who offered great advice and didn't care how naive or foolish my questions were.

The first was MV aka: Matanuska Vally, NorCaliwood and RelaxedLester who was an admin here for a while.

All 3 have gone off to the next mountain

Smok'em while you got 'em and Keep'em Green

Peace ...

:Namaste:

For the record, Matanuska Valley & RelaxedLester are alive and well, spoken to them both recently.

Just emailed them the link to this thread.

For the record, Matanuska Valley & RelaxedLester are alive and well, spoken to them both recently.

Just emailed them the link to this thread.

Thanks for the update on them, it takes some of the sting out of this. MV's last posted I seen he was moving further North of Cordova. That was like 2015??

Then RL just vanished from the site in like 2017, he graduated into admin stuff.

I can only knock out a winter grow so I stop by for 4.5 months each year, so most of the year I am MIA from the site.

Good to know they are still kicking, Thanks for the time with the update!!

Peace ....
:Namaste:

I wish I could think of something sensible funny or inspirational, but each time I try to honour Curleys life on 420 I go blank, hell though he helped out so many times. He rung me a couple of times over here, we had a great laugh, he told me that I had one of them accents, and I felt stupidly happy, he gave me some great tips on garden growing.
But more than anything my memories of woody was an onward journal of fun with lots of knowledge and he was able to get across in a very personal way talking about his loved Miss J and his dogs.
Keep it green wherever you go to, I will not forget you.
He was a friend indeed.

I've known Woody, or "NCW" as I used to call him, for over 10 years and regularly kept up with his journals. What he lacked in spelling abilities were more than made up for by his expert growing skills, friendly & outgoing perspective, and willingness to engage with, and help, everyone.

If one was just going through the journals looking at the pictures, they'd be treated to some gorgeous, top-quality photographs of truly connoisseur level plants grown by an expert cultivator. If you actually read the posts you were privy to an understanding of his "wild days", passion for growing, penchant for whiskey and Lynyrd Skynyrd, and his deep love for Ms. J.

I could see/read about his health declining over the last several months but Woody was a tough SOB (said with affection!) and the kind of guy you figured would always be around. It's with great sadness that I learned he was not.

I have no doubt he's having a party in heaven and Brothers OMM and CajunCelt were there to greet him, each with a fist full of joints in hand. However, here on earth, days will be a little less bright without him and his memory will live on.

Godspeed and God Bless, NCW. You were a true "Grow Bro" and will be deeply missed.
:green_heart::(:rip::passitleft:

Wood, You were my buddy, my pal, and my friend. The big brother I never had. We met in yahoo pinochle and were great partners at the game. You came here to Missouri and stayed with me and my old man. I remember talking to you before you came out here. You needed someplace to stay til you found a place. I told you that you were more than welcome to stay here. It was so funny what you said. You said, "What does your old man say?" I said "who cares. I said you could stay." You said you wanted to talk to Randy first. To your surprise he said "Heck Yea" you could stay. So you were Missouri bound. When you got here, you were just as kind and caring as you were in pinochle. You adopted me, and I you. You said I reminded you of your sister that had passed. I'm sitting here thinking about how you pulled my tooth. It was so weird. I kept that tooth too. You spoiled my dogs too. All 5 of them. But you had my Lil Man, Pepe wrapped around your finger. You came to the hospital in St. Louis to see me. I was so happy for you when you met Janet. In all the years you were here, I never saw the light in your eyes that I saw when you met her. I will never forgive myself for not coming out there. I know that I'm rambling on and on, and I'm sorry for that. But that's how I deal with losing someone I love. Wood, My Brother, My Friend, I will miss you everyday. I will stay in touch with Janet, My Sister. Fly On, Fly High, Fly Free.

I did not know Norcaliwood all that well. But I know quite a few current and past members of 420 who did and each and every one of them thought extremely highly of him. I found him to be a character full of fun and good humor. Prayers and best wishes to Woody and his whole family.

So sorry to hear about this. You will be sorely missed around these parts my friend. You always made me smile with your stories and the beautiful plants you grew and shared with us. You let us into your little slice of life in a way not many can say on this site. We loved a lot of the same music and I will think about you when I hear many of them. RIP brother.:rip:

Back
Top Bottom