Fallen Cannabis Warrior - William Curley Snyder aka NorCaliwood

Sincere condolences to the family and friends of this great man. I regret I didn't have the pleasure to know William. What a wonderful life and tribute.

If I may, I'd like to share some words I find comforting in such conditions from the Dao De Jing (Book of The Way) by Lao Tzu (Ancient Boy).

Empty your mind of all thoughts.
Let your heart be at peace.
Watch the turmoil of beings,
but contemplate their return.

Each separate being in the universe
returns to the common source.
Returning to the source is serenity.

If you don't realize the source,
you stumble in confusion and sorrow.
When you realize where you come from,
you naturally become tolerant,
disinterested, amused,
kindhearted as a grandmother,
dignified as a king.
Immersed in the wonder of the Dao,
you can deal with whatever life brings you,
and when death comes, you are ready. - Lao Tzu

Peace :peace: be with you all

Sincere condolences to the family and friends of this great man. I regret I didn't have the pleasure to know William. What a wonderful life and tribute.

If I may, I'd like to share some words I find comforting is such conditions from the Dao De Jing.

Empty your mind of all thoughts.
Let your heart be at peace.
Watch the turmoil of beings,
but contemplate their return.

Each separate being in the universe
returns to the common source.
Returning to the source is serenity.

If you don't realize the source,
you stumble in confusion and sorrow.
When you realize where you come from,
you naturally become tolerant,
disinterested, amused,
kindhearted as a grandmother,
dignified as a king.
Immersed in the wonder of the Tao,
you can deal with whatever life brings you,
and when death comes, you are ready. - Lao Tzu

Peace :peace: be with you all
STELLAR. Thanks so much for posting this.

Heartfelt condolences. A grower's grower. Straight shooter that lived according to his own codes. Vaya con dios...

While I didn't know Woody well, I know he will be missed here and elsewhere. I hope Woody is at peace now surrounded by a new garden of cannabis to grow. :love:

However, I do have a memory to share from a previous 420 Magazine member:

As we get older we begin to anticipate that many of our friends will leave this sandbox before us, but knowing that never really prepares you for the immediate halt to intimate contact when the time comes. When someone I care for makes that final journey, I tend to look back at all the sparkly moments we shared, celebrating the vibrancy of the life lived.

In 2019 I was finishing up my visit to the PNW, flying out of Portland on an early flight. Ms J and Curley had insisted I stay the night with them, and we had a peaceful and relaxing evening on the Passion Flower-draped veranda, in full view of the magnificent cannabis trees he and his lady love had growing around the pool.

Somehow the conversation turned to firearms, and I mentioned that I’d never even held a gun in my hands.

“Wait here,” he instructed, immediately limping off into the house, returning a few moments later with a rifle and a hand gun. Laying them on the table before me, he turned with piercing eyes and commanded, “Pick one up.”

Of course I did. Curley wasn’t a man you said “no” to. Lol! After I’d held the first piece he handed me the other. When I laid the second firearm on the table he said, “Now you can’t ever say you never held one.”

Then he just let it go, and put the guns away. We spent the rest of the evening eating, sharing stories and staying blissfully buzzed. It was a short but sweet visit that left a deep, affectionate imprint on my loving heart.

My condolences to the large number of friends and family I know will miss his presence. Ms J…..a big virtual hug, especially for you. I will now sit myself down and get as blazed as possible in Woody’s honor - on the best bud I have on hand, Carnival.

Because Curley deserved the best. RIP, my friend.

RIP brother! Condolences to his family and close friends we may have not known each other but the evil disease you fought will forever be in my thoughts as a way of creating awareness in my own journey in life. Cheers I'll be burning one in honor @NorCaliwood

What beautiful and kind words as well as picture’s! My heart goes out to his family and friends. I never had the chance to cross paths with Woody on 420 but it’s still so sad! :rip:

Such a wonderful tribute, Rob! Thank you!
From our family to yours, Ms J and Woody’s sons.
:love:
So beautiful he would have loved it, thank you. Ms J

It is with a heavy heart that we share the sad news of the death of Cannabis Warrior and long-term 420 Magazine member, William Curley Snyder. Our long time friend and senior site member died late last week, from cancer, at the all too young age of 61.

Known here by his username, NorCaliwood, and by his nicknames Woody and Curly, Woody was a true southern gentleman. Woody worked as a painter, a decorator and a bathtub restorer while still finding time to enjoy his hobbies of fishing, hunting, and gold-mining. His selfless nature was always exemplified by his never ending generosity to his friends, family, and fellow members, as has been supremely evident through his detailed and well documented grow journals here on 420 Magazine.

Woody began growing Cannabis in Indiana when has was 18. Throughout his life he amassed a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge, yet possessed the humble spirit needed to remain open minded to advancements in technique and technology. Woody earned the respect of our site’s top growers and staff. He was also amongst the first people to obtain an MJ card when it became legal in his State.

Woody found the multitude of tips, tricks and techniques offered by fellow members and Sponsors at 420 Magazine to be a continual source of inspiration, and he recently moved to fully organic nutrients as a result of the conversations and recommendations from his peers. It was not unusual to hear him singing Lynyrd Skynyrd & David Allan Coe to his plants as he tended to their needs. As a frequent winner of our 420 Magazine contests, Woody amassed many prizes over the years which he would masterfully utilize to cultivate the finest examples of our favorite flower.

Woody loved our community, and our community loved him. He’d happily post day and night, exchanging information, learning, and supporting his fellow members. His "drive by" comments appeared in more journals than one could count. He had tremendous respect for his fellow growers and for 420 Magazine. When uploading his photos he would frequently say, "Its gotta have some weed in it to make it on topic”.

Woody passed away in the comfort of his own home, in the company of his life partner Janet Shore, and leaves behind his two sons William W Snyder 3rd aka @Billdeskjet & William Christopher Snyder along with his grandson Joshua Jay Snyder, former wife Susan Forrest, and his life long friend Kris Frost.

If you have a memory, a story or simply condolences to share, please feel free to post it in this memorial thread for all to see and remember our friend, William (Woody) Curley Snyder, October 30th 1960 to January 24th 2022.

Woody's First Post Helping Others 2008: My First Grow In My Closet: Poor Man's Grow

Woody's 1st Grow Journal: Guess It's Time for Wood to Post One

Woody's Second Grow Journal: Wood's Garden #2

Woody's Third Grow Journal: Wood's Doghouse #1

Woody's 4th Grow Journal: This is B&J's Place - Bill & Janet's Place - Again

Woody's 5th & Last Grow Journal: Our Ongoing Grows

Woody's Favorite Music Thread: Fish Cake's Tunes & Yours Too, If You Want To Join In

Woody's Photo Gallery

Woody's Contest Victories:
Plant of the Month: Nov 2009
Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017
Crème de la Crème Photos: Feb 2017
Plant of the Month: April 2017
Nug of the Month: April 2017
Plant of the Year: 2017
Photo of the Month: Jan 2018

William Curly Snyder aka @NorCaliwood & William W Snyder 3rd aka @Billdeskjet

William C Snyder & Wife, Joshua Jay Snyder, Ms Janet Shore & William Curley Snyder aka @NorCaliwood

William W Snyder 3rd aka @Billdeskjet & William Curly Snyder aka @NorCaliwood

Sending you all our love and positive energy through the universe Brother Woody, wherever you are :love::Namaste:

Rob Griffin
CEO/Founder
420 Magazine
My condolences . I never knew him personally. However may he rest in peace. And he served the world of cannabis well. Keeping this beautiful plant active and alive.

Rest in Paradise to Norcaliwood, and my condolences to his family, friends and loved ones. Although we didn't interact a whole lot, Norcaliwood blessed my journals a few times over the years with warm compliments, kudos and encouragement which I always appreciated. My he bless the heavens with his warmth and friendliness as he did here on the forums. Rest in peace Norcaliwood..

Sad to hear, and May He have Peace with the Lord.

When joined this site back in 2012 there where 3 who offered great advice and didn't care how naive or foolish my questions were.

The first was MV aka: Matanuska Vally, NorCaliwood and RelaxedLester who was an admin here for a while.

All 3 have gone off to the next mountain

Smok'em while you got 'em and Keep'em Green

Peace ...

:Namaste:

SAD to read this - sad news...I wish his family all the best - stay strong!

but this tribute is very nice - thanks for that, nice pictures, nice story but bad news :(

Back
Top Bottom