First 2000 Watt SCROG

this grow looks great, definitely looks like the potential for an even better yield is there. How many more grows until you switch to hydro? :grinjoint:

never i am a dirtbagger lol Thanks for he kind words and i think this should double if not triple my previous yeild.

never i am a dirtbagger lol Thanks for he kind words and i think this should double if not triple my previous yeild.

If you are doing a vertical grow, try a couple of Waterfarms with the General Hydroponics 'Keep it simple' recipe in there using the same clones as the dirt.
I think you will be shocked at the difference.
Just my two cents worth.

Thanks Soniq420 Hey Blacklips thanks for stickin around these are clones i cut from the scrog so thet are Jack The Ripper and powerplant. I am super excited this time around as they are getting big already at 6.5 weeks they havent even started the final 2 week push so im thinking they will double in size by the time its all said and done cause that is what they did before.
Nice yes I believe they will filll in a lot and stuck up some huge cola's!:goodluck::smokin:

hippie.....

jk, soil is definitely the smarter choice, less chance of catastrophic failure, but at the same time you have less control unless you are really good. Some of the best crops I've seen have been in soil but that tends to happen with people who have been doing it for 20 years and they are like cannabis artists or somethin

hippie.....

jk, soil is definitely the smarter choice, less chance of catastrophic failure, but at the same time you have less control unless you are really good. Some of the best crops I've seen have been in soil but that tends to happen with people who have been doing it for 20 years and they are like cannabis artists or somethin

Yah honestly just growing in soil is mind boggling enough but to throw in the chance to loose everything in a days time scares me.I would rather see a def and have time to correct it.I have read alot about hydro and i do see the benefits but im still learning soil for now.Once i get this down then maybe a small hydro farm setup or somthing like that.For now I will keep my peace sign lol

Yah honestly just growing in soil is mind boggling enough but to throw in the chance to loose everything in a days time scares me.I would rather see a def and have time to correct it.I have read alot about hydro and i do see the benefits but im still learning soil for now.Once i get this down then maybe a small hydro farm setup or somthing like that.For now I will keep my peace sign lol
SpiderPig.. I started with Hydro and was taught by a great grower, and he taught me how to grow hydro with no systems at all. Using Grodan's RockWool as a medium you can use any size pot of your choice, it just needs to have a lot of drainage so net pots work well or any thing with a lot holes. I made my mix Every day or two and I hand watered or top fed till their was a lil run off and wow it worked like magic! The veg growth times and yields can crush what most can do in soil..My very first grow went very smooth minus a lil heat stress in veg and I yielded 20 oz's from a 1000w light i was like holy shit. uhh now im just babbling. nice work on your plants tho

SpiderPig.. I started with Hydro and was taught by a great grower, and he taught me how to grow hydro with no systems at all. Using Grodan's RockWool as a medium you can use any size pot of your choice, it just needs to have a lot of drainage so net pots work well or any thing with a lot holes. I made my mix Every day or two and I hand watered or top fed till their was a lil run off and wow it worked like magic! The veg growth times and yields can crush what most can do in soil..My very first grow went very smooth minus a lil heat stress in veg and I yielded 20 oz's from a 1000w light i was like holy shit. uhh now im just babbling. nice work on your plants tho

I started with a couple of plastic dishpans and rockwool years ago, and I found it very stable. It does have limits as to how far you can push it with just pots and handwater, but my friends still remember it to this day. It actually wasn't that good, but 20 years ago if you could grow anything worth smoking in a closet, it was a success.

I started with a couple of plastic dishpans and rockwool years ago, and I found it very stable. It does have limits as to how far you can push it with just pots and handwater, but my friends still remember it to this day. It actually wasn't that good, but 20 years ago if you could grow anything worth smoking in a closet, it was a success.

Ok ok I will do a small hydro grow maybe 6 plants here in a couple weeks and see how it goes damn you guys lol

Ok ok I will do a small hydro grow maybe 6 plants here in a couple weeks and see how it goes damn you guys lol

Glad to hear it. when I said the stuff wasn't that good, the hydro results were unbelievable, I just started from bagseed. I'm getting about twice the yield as my friend's dirt grow from the same clones, and using the same wattage. Just start with a waterfarm or two, it doesn't work for everyone, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why.

there are tons of DIY deep water culture (DWC) threads of systems you can build under $100, I personally would do an nutrient film technique (NFT) which you will tend to spend a little more but I have great results with it. There are some plants I pull 6oz off of, if only I had 2000w instead of 1000w, I bet I'd get crazy yields. Know anybody with 2000w of light to work with :blunt: ? There is a chance of failure though, I dabbled in soil at first but once I got serious I did the hydro switch and I won't look back.

You want to know something odd? hydro is actually easier believe it or not. It sounds like it is so much work etc etc but it is incredibly easy, only one reservoir to change instead of watering plants individually is great too. It is much easier to check ppm/ph etc too, but I recommend just using some basic General Hydroponics nutrients to start with. They are inexpensive, they work, and contain no organics (unless you get floranova but I'd get plain flora at first) which is a good thing to use to start with. Down the road if you feel you like hydro and will switch over completely then you can switch to like botanicare pure blend pro organic blend of nutrients, floranova etc but when you get into nutrients that rely on some of the organic additives in those you will need a water chiller because you won't be able to use h2o2 anymore. organics+high reservoir temps don't mix, I'm not exactly sure why, I'm no pro but I think the bacterias the organics have use quite a bit of oxygen and with high res temps there is less oxygen not leaving any for your roots and bad things happen. I think it can lead to root rot too, I haven't personally had that problem but when I used organic blend nutrients in my hydro it was winter time so temps weren't a problem.

You already learned basic knowledge about growing with your last medical grow, since you have that the transition should be pretty easy if you can get past looking at hydro like it is something crazy. It's actually really simple... it DOES suck having to depend on equipment though, luckily nothing too terrible has happened to me, and say 4-5 harvests down the road something does happen, I bet your increased quality and yield from the previous grows you'll still walk out ahead even with a lost crop. sorry to kinda go off topic on your grow, it surely is an impressive one, and I have high hopes for it. There is nothing wrong with a good ol' soil grow, it does its job well

Sorry to hijack your thread, but apparently I can't send PM's yet.

I've read an reread your 2000w ScroG, and love it. You stopped into my journal a while ago, and I would appreciate a second look now that its more mature. I'm at just about the 4 week mark in flowering. Any comments would be extremely welcome. I fear I might have over vegged the screen, and/or stunted the plants growth, as my buds are packed in their, but they are really skinny compared to yours at 1 month. In my thread I make reference to not seeing my cell phone across the screen. My phone is only 1cm shorter than a can of soda or so, if that's any help as far as size. This might just be the strain, but my screen doesn't look like yours, or any other screen I've seen posted. And I know its still way to early, but, like you were, I'm eager to harvest, and desperate for affirmation of a decent crop, so if you had a guesstimate on yield, that would be great. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Im gonna start building a small 6 plant 14 gallon DWC system as a trial run using fox farms nutes any advise would be great

My friend and psuedo mentor has huge amounts of success running a home made 14 gallon Deep Water Culture set up. He basically just added a ghetto rigged continuous drip system to a 16 gallon tupperware storage bin, cut 6 holes for net pots, dropped in 2 large air stones, and is about 2 weeks from harvest. The things he wishes he did better was a better way to drain the res, maybe a dedicated pump or spigot, and darker lids to prevent algae. I'm looking onto this for my next run in conjunction with a screen, and it prices out much cheaper than a lot of systems. Roseman's DIY Deep Water Culture is a great place for info, and pg. 17 or 18 has a hyper linked index. :goodluck:

I dont know whats up with this website it is taking me a ridiculous amount of time to log in or veiw my profile post pics. and you dont even want to know how long it is taking to post replies. I am so frustersted that i think this will be my last post it has taken me over 30 min just to write this i cant figure it out if i do I will return if not thatnks for all the support along the way.

Back
Top Bottom