First Ever Run - Work In Progress

It is still tacoing aint it. But if its growing fast i think it will all be fine. It takes a week before you really notice change. Doing great

I added a humidifier into the closet, I have it set to run for 30 minutes every 2 hours. I will see if this helps, my Thermo/Hygro meter shipped today.
20160929_151636.jpg
20160929_151628.jpg

Subbed. So far good. You're the first I've seen growing your plant with a different green in the same pot

Nutrient competition aside, I know when people plant tomatoes, they often co-plant something like dill, an herb that repels a lot of the insects that prey on tomatoes. You make me wonder if there is an herb we can grow in conjunction with our MJ to combat spider mites and fungus gnats. I bet Doc Bud would have something to say on it.

Happy growing dude. I hope it's a girl.

Subbed. So far good. You're the first I've seen growing your plant with a different green in the same pot

Nutrient competition aside, I know when people plant tomatoes, they often co-plant something like dill, an herb that repels a lot of the insects that prey on tomatoes. You make me wonder if there is an herb we can grow in conjunction with our MJ to combat spider mites and fungus gnats. I bet Doc Bud would have something to say on it.

Happy growing dude. I hope it's a girl.

Green onions are common co-crop for MJ in soil with Glomis species of micorrhizae (available as compost tea additive or in some soil mixes.) Other herbs may help (including clover maybe) but some have negative effects also, either directly poisoning soil or by harboring pests/disease. So unless you know for certain that it's beneficial to MJ then generally better to avoid companion plants, especially in pots and indoors. Most will be shaded out as MJ canopy grows anyway.

Green onions are common co-crop for MJ in soil with Glomis species of micorrhizae (available as compost tea additive or in some soil mixes.) Other herbs may help (including clover maybe) but some have negative effects also, either directly poisoning soil or by harboring pests/disease. So unless you know for certain that it's beneficial to MJ then generally better to avoid companion plants, especially in pots and indoors. Most will be shaded out as MJ canopy grows anyway.

Yup it is different outside and inside. If anything you can plop a few worms in your pots. There is also tons of natural non toxic pesticides some of them as simple as diatomaceous earth sprayed on leaves to kill insects. As for prevention some yellow/blue sticky traps can be deployed.

Hey nman! She looks better than ever! Please what are those rune stones I want to try them too! Good luck! :love: :Namaste:

The rune set is called "Elder Futhark". They are ancient germanic runes. You can find them on ebay or use a pyrogrophy pen or soldering iron and burn the symbols onto wood.

The rune set is called "Elder Futhark". They are ancient germanic runes. You can find them on ebay or use a pyrogrophy pen or soldering iron and burn the symbols onto wood.

Thank you very much. Have a good one! :Namaste:

I taped some of the lower fans down to the pot to make some more room for the lateral growth to get light. I understand now why some of you guys use such powerful HPS setups, CFls just don't seem to get that much light penetration.

Plant was finally thirsty again so I watered today too. :circle-of-love:

20161003_134508.jpg
20161003_134459.jpg
20161003_134213.jpg
20161003_134141.jpg

Those leaves are massive , I wonder why there tacoing though

I think the lights where too close, The CFLs don't put out to much heat but the plant grows so fast that I have to keep moving it, and I am gone all day so I can't make adjustments to it till I get home and they have been under the light for 14 hours. When I look at the plant in the AM it doesn't seem to have any taco, but when I get home taco. Then the next morning no taco again. My pH meter was cancelled on eBay because of supplier problems but I found a pH test kit at a pet-store. Walmart, Target, Lowes, and Home-depot all did not have any kits.

I think the lights where too close, The CFLs don't put out to much heat but the plant grows so fast that I have to keep moving it, and I am gone all day so I can't make adjustments to it till I get home and they have been under the light for 14 hours. When I look at the plant in the AM it doesn't seem to have any taco, but when I get home taco. Then the next morning no taco again. My pH meter was cancelled on eBay because of supplier problems but I found a pH test kit at a pet-store. Walmart, Target, Lowes, and Home-depot all did not have any kits.

Ohh okay that makes sense. Its looking good though.
Amazon has decent prices on ph meters. I was thinking of getting one one from there, right now im using ph test strips and there okay , they give me a general idea of the ph but it would be awesome to have an exact measurement

Looking good!
:welcome: to the :420: growers community
Hope you'll have all the advice you need to successfully harvest or even grow this plant.
Even if the harvest isn't big, we all like keeping the plant alive till the end, that was my objectif on my first grow ^^
I'll be around, I don't say much, but I like to see how things grow in other places then mine.
:Namaste::peacetwo:

I didn't realize how big those leaves are! I think the 'taco-ing' is just leaves taking longer to open all the way. Leaf size could be reason why.

What I've found for taco online all show curled leaf edges with permanent damage, not folded leaves like you have that eventually flatten out perfectly it looks like. In short, I don't think it's a problem at all, just how this plant grows. Maybe borderline heat stress but no permanent damage. Keeping lights higher may help.

Bottom line is that you have one hell of a plant growing and doing great with it. +reps for great start and staying ahead of problems.:thumb:

Installed a fairly simple reflector above the lights, Also added a bigger fan into the room because I am dealing with some high temperatures at the moment for some unknown reason. I'm ordering a 4" inline fan off eBay so I can push air out the room through a duct in the floor and draw in new cooler air from outside. I also added a basic fermentation setup to help compensate for the high temp.

20161006_184205.jpg
20161006_184148.jpg
20161006_184140.jpg
20161006_184132.jpg
20161006_184123.jpg
20161006_130318.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1476796058.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1083980633.jpg
420-magazine-mobile403829024.jpg
420-magazine-mobile769589970.jpg

Sorry I know it has been awhile guys. I switched to 12/12 and I think unfortuantly it is a male :(. Im not sure, these pre flowers are so small still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom